“Cheap rate; convenient location; dirty; rundown rooms; $40 deposit for incidentals is automatically charged to credit card and n”

Quality Inn and Suites Airpark East
Ranked #29 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Reserved this hotel because it was part of a group rate for my son's soccer team. Boy, what a mistake!

The good: Great rate (but with hidden $40 surcharge that gets reimbursed 7-10 days later). Nice lobby. Free breakfast.

The bad: They spent the $$ on the hotel lobby renovation but not on the rooms. If I could post pictures, "a picture is worth a thousand words" ... the redesigned lobby with breakfast area was too small and poorly staffed. The $40 surcharge to credit card to cover incidentals that would be reimbursed 7-10 days after the fact was annoying.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Wuchun F
Chirag P, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Airpark East, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I am sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations during the breakfast time. Also, I understand your dissatisfaction with the authorization hold which occurs for all guests at almost all hotels. Please note that it is standard practice for hotels to authorize your credit card for incidentals/damages recoupment and it is reversed by the hotel on the day you checkout, however your bank's policy maybe different. We do have a notice posted at the front office counter reminding guests of this and a disclaimer stating that debit cards MAY TAKE up to 7 days to release depending on your banks policy, while typically it is 2-3 days for most larger banks. Please understand that no hotel / business has control of an individual's bank card policy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Nice room, great price, but the service is poor. My iron did not work and the remote to my television did not work. I went to the front to ask for a replacement remote and they did not have one. The gentleman at the desk said that he would come and reprogram the remote. He never showed up. All night and I only had 1 channel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mlbarnes0218
We are sorry to hear that your stay with us had some troubles with the TV remote and the iron. While there maybe failure in equipment to occur at random times, we do our best to make sure each item is functional during your stay or we replace it from storage or another guest room which is vacant. If you can please do us the favor of contacting me directly at gm.nc360@choicehotels.com and provide me details of your stay including registered name & dates of stay so that I may investigate this further. This will help us to better serve all of our customers. Thank you for taking the time to provide us the feedback and assisting to improve.
Niagara Falls, NY
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Staying presently and I have found this property to be quite adequate in all respects. Rooms modern and clean. Nice bathrooms and good A/C. Breakfast was on the meager side with mostly carbs and hardboiled eggs, but other than that it's a very good hotel that you can be glad you stayed at. Close to airport (no free trans) but a shuttle that is $15 each way to go about half a mile. Restaurants and gas all around in all price ranges. Nice large lobby, good wi-fi and nice friendly front desk. Scott is a real gentleman.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NFnative
Thank you for the compliments that you provided for our hotel and our staff. It is our goal to make sure each guest is satisfied and receives the best value for their stay. We look forward to having you again the next time your travels bring you to our area.
Greenville, NC
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent place for anyone, but especially good for truckers. It is next to Peterbilt and has a exercise room. McDonald's in walking distance. Rooms were clean and neat, hotel staff was friendly. Has heated inside pool. Great rates, good place to do reset. To park with truck, circle counter clockwise around building and park parallel to Peterbilt.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for the compliments as it always is nice to get positive feedback from our guests. Look forward to having you visit us again soon.
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The shower was full of mould, and there was no hot water.
The housekeeper had 3 attempts to get the shower clean unsuccessfully.
The toilet ran ALL NITE every nite that I was there.
The town was sold out so I had no choice but to stay.
This doesn't include the dog barking all nite one nite or the the people partying by the pool when it was closed and no one was able to ask them to leave.
THE WORST Part of the experience was the general manager letting me know how hard it is during market weeks when it is a sold out situation. Basically telling me too bad.
I WILL NEVER STAY AT A QUALITY INN again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Holly S
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We picked this hotel after driving 32 hours staight through from Denver to Greensboro. We were so pleased with a quality of this hotel. Lobby was very large, nice and welcoming. The young man at the front desk who checked us in was absolutely the best - friendly and helpful in finding a restaurant for dinner. He gave us an inside room, second floor, overlooking the pool so we would have absolute quiet. The bed was great and the bedding was very nice. The hallways were immaculate with nice carpet. Room and bathroom was very nice and clean. Seems like Quality Inn is renovating and upgrading their hotels nationwide which is a good thing. We travel on business so have to keep the hotel cost down to a reasonable amount. Can't stay at the Marriott or Westin level hotels so have found the Quality Inns to be a good choice. This one provided us a very nice stay and a great night's rest. We'll definitely have this one on our "Keepers List". The breakfast was good with biscuits and sausage gravy.

The heating unit was a little confusing to start and had to call front desk for help. It's not the usual heating/ac unit in most hotels.

Room Tip: Inside rooms very quiet. No interstate traffic noise at all.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank leathap
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This is a first class, top shelf, Quality Inn. I stay in hotels 4 nights a week 50 weeks a year. I think I am qualified to judge.

Let me tell you why I say so. The lobby is beautiful, the gentleman who checked me in was extremely professional, the hallway to my room was immaculate. The room is huge and the beds have super thick box springs and mattress. In fact this entire hotel is only matched by hotels getting upwards of $120.00 a night. And, yet as a businessman on a tight budget all I paid was $62.00 for my nights stay.

I am not sure what Prudence W is talking about in her review, but I bet she wrote a review about another hotel not this one. I could not wait to get to my computer to write this review.

I arrived during a bad winter storm, there was snow on the ground. Even though I pounded my shoes clean they did drip water on the floor at the reception desk. I brought this to the attention of the young man checking me in and as I walked down the hallway to my room he was on the other side of the counter drying the floor.

Really, if you are in Greensboro and need to spend the night, you should spend it in this clean, safe, great value hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank glass54258
Chirag P, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Airpark East, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Glass54258,

Thank you for your recent response concerning your stay with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Airpark East. The management and staff really appreciates your kind and gracious words.
We strive to make every guest stay as comfortable as possible. We look forward to serving you agian upon your next visit to Greensboro.

With Sincere Thanks,