“nice hotel for an affordable price”

Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #20 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
massachusetts
“nice hotel for an affordable price”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This hotel was clean and had a good complimentary breakfast. The room size was nice and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tracylee59
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent visit to the Piedmont. We were pleased to have you as our guest and are especially grateful for your business given the many hotel choices available to you. Thank you also very much for taking time write about your stay. We work tirelessly to ensure a clean and well maintained property, with everything in good working order and appreciate that you noticed. Thank you again and we hope to see back soon. Travel Safe!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 9 September 2011

If traveling to this area you should know all kinds of hotels are beside of this one and they all look new so really you could pick any! My room smelled bad and the carpet throughout needs replaced! They did offer free drinks in the evening and free breakfast in mornings! I found it difficult to get to restaurants because you have to travel to next couple of exits!

• Stayed September 2011
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
Thank you for visiting and taking time to report on your stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant smells you encountered. We work tirelessly to ensure a clean and well maintained property and you have aided in our efforts. For this we cannot thank you enough and we will address the issue through training. In regards to the carpeting and nearby restaurants, please know the carpeting was recently replaced and there are restaurants within walking distance. Thank you again for staying with us. Travel Safe!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I was fortunate to check in with Ellen and Drew at the front desk. There was a situation involving my credit card, but they both went out of their way to help me check-in and get settled. The Manager's Reception was a nice surprise, as was a glass of wine. The room was clean and well-furnished, with a refrigerator and microwave. The mattress on the bed felt like a new one, and provided a great night's sleep. Last but not least was the complimentary breakfast, with really good coffee! I would happily stay here the next time I am in Greensboro, and highly recommend the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Anita H
Thank you very much for taking time write about your positive comments about our hotel. Your positive experience is a direct result of our employees doing their best every day. It is not often however, that guests recognize their efforts and for this we cannot thank you enough. Please know your feelings have been shared not only with Ellen and Drew, but the entire staff as well. Thank you for staying with us and confirming what we do right. Your encouraging comments are extremely valuable in making the employees feel important and recognized. Thank you again and we hope to see back soon. Travel Safe!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We came up for a family reunion and found this on-line when we didn't want to stay at the hotel with the family room block. From the check in to the free continential breakfast (great coffee by the way!) we really enjoyed ourselved and we will be returning. The area has plenty of restaurants from Shoneys to Taco Bell and is right off the Interstate near Piedmont Triad International Airport. Kudos to the management and staff for a job well done!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mer82
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent visit to the Piedmont and blogging about it. We were pleased to have you as our guest and are especially grateful for your business given the many hotel choices available to you. Your positive experience is a direct result of our employees doing their best every day. After all, great coffee doesn’t make itself. Please know your comments have been shared with the entire staff. Thank you again for staying with us and confirming what we do right. Your encouraging comments are extremely valuable in making the employees feel important and recognized. Travel safe and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Belton, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Many times on my way thru Greensboro or during a quick trip I will choose this location. Very easy to get to and great freeway access. A good location to anything in the Piedmont Triad Area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2011
Greetings and thank you for staying with us recently. We appreciate your comments. Thank for taking time to share them with your fellow travelers. We are glad to learn you found our location close and convenient to the many destinations in the Piedmont. Like you, many guests stay with us repeatedly because we are easy to get to, located in a safe business park that is near 3 major Greensboro crossroads (I-40, NC-68, 421, etc.). Thank you again for sharing and travel safe!
NYC
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Greensboro airport on business last week. The hotel itself was very functional and I found it clean to my standards. However, I’d consider my experience with the courtesy shuttle quite negative.

Upon landing at Greensboro airport late in the evening, I called the hotel to ask for the courtesy shuttle. I was told it would be dispatched and arrive in 15 minutes. I then asked where to go (was told to wait outside) and what the vehicle would look like (green or black car). I found the designated spot, and sat alone at night waiting – not my favorite thing to do as a young woman traveling solo, but the area was at least decently well lit. After waiting a little more than expected (20 minutes), a dark metallic-colored (maybe a dark gold) vehicle that was more SUV than car pulled up and the driver asked if I was going to the Hampton. This was not the “green or black car” I was told to expect and the vehicle was unmarked, which made me uncomfortable, but I got in and was taken to the hotel without incident. While nothing bad happened, this experience was unnecessarily stressful and definitely a process the Hampton should look into improving for the safety and comfort of its guests.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Thank you for staying with us recently and commenting on your shuttle experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort you felt having to enter an unmarked vehicle. We work tirelessly to ensure a clean, well maintained and safe property, and you have aided in our efforts. Thank you again. Please know that we guarantee complimentary airport shuttle service 24/7 and this sometimes requires us to use a third party service. Sometime ago, we gave our service provider several large logo car door magnets which they apparently did not use. We have spoken to them to make certain they ALWAYS display the Hampton logo. Thank you again for staying with us and helping to improve our property. Without your valuable input, we may not have realized this problem. Thank you again and travel safe.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I travel in the SE a lot and this is a very nice Hampton. The internet is very fast and they have wireless throughout. Breakfast was good each morning and the items varied each day. I also really enjoy the nightly reception and speaking with the staff. Ellen was a big help in helping me to find my way around town.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
GSOAPHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent visit to the Piedmont and writing about your experience. I am happy to learn you enjoy our hot breakfast buffet and nightly reception. I am also glad you found the free internet fast because we just upgraded our system by more than double (from a 4MB circuit to 10MB). But most of all, it is especially gratifying to hear that Ellen was a big help. She is one of our stars and it’s great to know her services shined brightly for you. Thank you again for your business and for telling others about your stay.