“Not quite up to Hampton Standards”

Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Smithland, Kentucky
“Not quite up to Hampton Standards”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We booked a king room with a pull out sofa for our 13 year old son. The room was tiny, once we made out the pull out there was not room to walk between the bed and the sofa bed. The room had an odd smell to it, that was not stale or musty, but very odd. It smelled like the staff was trying to cover up a smell with a flowery perfume. I didn't like the smell, but decided we could live with it for the weekend. The staff was nice enough, not overly friendly, but nice. The breakfast however, was extremely disappointing on Saturday morning. The reason we were staying at the Hampton was for a soccer tournament in the area. Most of our 11 team families booked rooms at this particular hotel under a block reserved for our "soccer" team of 14 year old boys. We were not the only soccer team or team staying here. My Saturday breakfast consisted of cold, watery scrambled eggs and some pineapple slices. Almost everything was wiped out on the bar and no one seemed to be refilling anything. We were very disappointed that even with advanced knowledge, the management apparently didn't prepare hand have extra breakfast staff on hand. I know one team parent did complain to the staff and Sunday morning was better. However, our game was at 8 AM, and we had to leave the hotel by 6:45 which meant there weren't near as many people trying to eat at the same time.

For the price, it was an ok value, but if you plan to eat a big breakfast you better go to Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

After reading quite a few reviews I was confident booking a room here. This hotel is mediocre. Staff were friendly enough although my only interaction was upon checking in. I was enveloped by a stale odor in my room. A handwritten Post It note on the headboard let me know the duvet and sheets were clean. I only assumed, but thanks for telling me. I guess you can never be too sure. This only encouraged me to further inspect the place with an eagle's eye. I was really disappointed with the cleanliness of the bathroom. Please see the photos. Mold is always a bad sign.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
jtbldb
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We booked this for a graduation in the area.. I booked a block of 5 rooms online and there was a glitch in the reservation system but luckily I called the hotel to confirm and they were helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable but the walls were paper thin.. We could hear the conversation of the family next store when they checked in late at night. As expected there was the occasional low flying plane ( we are very close to the airport). Breakfast was just as expected.. not horrible not great. The price was super good so all in all we felt if was a great value.

Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were pleased with the condition of the hotel. The staff went out of their way to help our youngest son with providing breakfst foods due to his extreme food allegies. Also, our team paid a lower price for this hotel compared to the other teams. Our family does wish it had a room with two queens and a pulled out sofa due to us having a famiy of 5.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice hotel. I will stay here again on future visits. The "happy hour" was a nice little surprise! The staff was very friendly and courteous. My only complaint was the bed was a little firmer than I like.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here for a soccer tournament. Beds were up to standard, breakfast was nice, but the positives stop there. Sticky floors around the coffee station in the lobby (stayed this way all day); damp, musty, and stinky carpet in the hallway; old fixtures and stained grout in bathroom. This hotel is SCREAMING to be remodeled!!! I would stay in the Home2Suites across the street if I had to stay here again.

My HH status was not recognized either. I cannot remember a time that my preferences in my HH profile were not met, specifically locating our room away from the elevator. Our room was immediately beside the elevator.

Rogersville, Alabama
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were traveling through and this was a location that we have stayed at before, many years ago. It was fresh, clean and enjoyable. The food at night was good an dthe breakfast was great as always. I would do it again.