“check the shower”

Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #23 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have stayed at this location several times and always feel the staff is wonderful. This is the first time I have stayed in a king/whirlpool that has a seperate shower. I was a bit disturbed that the shower had mold in the grout.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I agree with the reviewer who stated that this property is not up to Hampton Inn standards. The hotel is really showing its age, and I would guess that it's never been renovated. Hallways are very dirty and rundown looking, and the rooms were not as clean and fresh as I expect from a Hampton Inn. The entire time we were there, one of the hotel staff members was walking around with a spray bottle of Fabreeze. Sorry masking smells doesn't cut it. Our party walked next door to the Marriott property for a decent cup of coffee and breakfast. Breakfast staff at this property are not on top of things either, and don't seem to care about keeping items well stocked.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for a wedding. There was really no time to use any of the extras. I did not have a bad experience, however, I wouldn't brag on my stay. The pool was REALLY small, so even if I had had the time to use it, I would not have. I think the only real positive was the internet service that is provided.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Hotel was very clean and staff was more than friendly. Each staff member went out of their way to take care of all of our needs. We were part of a large wedding party and the size of our group did not interfere with the quality od service your managers and staff provided.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Spent three nights at this hotel while attending a wedding. The staff was exceptional and very accommodating in meeting our needs. Would definitely stay at this location again. The only negative was stained grout around the soap dish in the shower. Staff graciously accepted comment, but we departed prior to resolution.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We booked a king room with a pull out sofa for our 13 year old son. The room was tiny, once we made out the pull out there was not room to walk between the bed and the sofa bed. The room had an odd smell to it, that was not stale or musty, but very odd. It smelled like the staff was trying to cover up a smell with a flowery perfume. I didn't like the smell, but decided we could live with it for the weekend. The staff was nice enough, not overly friendly, but nice. The breakfast however, was extremely disappointing on Saturday morning. The reason we were staying at the Hampton was for a soccer tournament in the area. Most of our 11 team families booked rooms at this particular hotel under a block reserved for our "soccer" team of 14 year old boys. We were not the only soccer team or team staying here. My Saturday breakfast consisted of cold, watery scrambled eggs and some pineapple slices. Almost everything was wiped out on the bar and no one seemed to be refilling anything. We were very disappointed that even with advanced knowledge, the management apparently didn't prepare hand have extra breakfast staff on hand. I know one team parent did complain to the staff and Sunday morning was better. However, our game was at 8 AM, and we had to leave the hotel by 6:45 which meant there weren't near as many people trying to eat at the same time.

For the price, it was an ok value, but if you plan to eat a big breakfast you better go to Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

After reading quite a few reviews I was confident booking a room here. This hotel is mediocre. Staff were friendly enough although my only interaction was upon checking in. I was enveloped by a stale odor in my room. A handwritten Post It note on the headboard let me know the duvet and sheets were clean. I only assumed, but thanks for telling me. I guess you can never be too sure. This only encouraged me to further inspect the place with an eagle's eye. I was really disappointed with the cleanliness of the bathroom. Please see the photos. Mold is always a bad sign.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo