“Beaware!! Donot stay at this Hotel even if you get it Free!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave.

Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave.
Ranked #64 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Beaware!! Donot stay at this Hotel even if you get it Free!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is most pathetic hotel I have ever stayed!! I don't know why I ignored the reviews about this hotel!! I must have relied on the review which were already a warning for staying at this hotel location!! Let me tell you my experience , When I entered in the hotel Lobby was kind of OK, so I thought the hotel would be good, and I asked receptionist (BTW she was really very polite ) to show me the room before I check In and then when I was passing through the passage it was horrible smell there like dozens of people have smoked there and such a strong smell of cigarettes all over the place! Then I entered in the room to check, and I see the room was actually dirty, I opened the drawers to check if something is not broken(trust me I was actually little scared what if something is already broken and this hotel charges me for that while checking out, but nothing like that happened..) anyways back to the room check, The drawer from inside were dirty, rest chair was already tore from one arm, I checked the Bed and pillow to see if no hairs are on bed and under pillow(I found none), bathroom was old like 25yrs old!! Kitchen was OK but again towels in kitchen and bathroom were dirty!! AC/Heater cover was already broken and so dirty you can't even think of touching it!! But I had to check In because I didn't had any other option!! after I checked In I decide to move out of this hotel ASAP.. and I checked out within 2 days..!! This hotel was Mess, please don't stay at this hotel!!

Room Tip: Please donot choose this hotel!! Instead choose Extended Stay at "Big Tree Way Rd" which i...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your room. I understand that you viewed the room before checking in, if you were not satisfied with that room we would have been happy to show you a different room on a floor that does not include smoking rooms. As well, I apologize for the A/C unit not working properly. Our maintenance staff is aware of this issue and working to repair it. Lastly, I truly apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, our housekeeping staff is providing your room with a deep clean and we are working to improve our cleaning procedures moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwv@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Madison, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Hard to find. Hard to get to the room. I had to go up flights of stairs with bags. No elevator. Room was large but nasty. Carpet has stains and the bathroom had repairs that weren't finished. I won't do this one again even for the price. I took pictures of the problems. I informed the staff who didn't seem to care.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Graniteville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

Super staff, great housekeeping and very safe part of town. Everything is close by...stores,resturants, museums and downtown area. The zoo is 45 minutes away and alot of tourist sites are within 1 hour of here. I loved my stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for the deluxe room. It is a studio apartment with a full kitchen including a stove! How many pl...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to read that our staff provided you with such great service and that you liked our hotel's convenient as well as safe location. Plus, we really appreciate you letting us know that you truly enjoyed your room, especially the kitchen.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Room was not cleaned properly. There was even a baby pacifier in the bed. There was trash under the bed. Also before I checked in I asked to see a room. The one that I saw was nice. They put me in a different one

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that there was a cleanliness issue with your room. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am personally inspecting each room before our guests check in to avoid the same issue from happening in the future. As well, I will be working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at gwv@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Staff was very accommodating location was great with many food choices close. Wall world is also close which makes it conscientious in filling up the fridge for a six night stay. The hotel has one big problem it needs to fix and that's overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the comments about our staff; however we apologize about the smoke smell in the hotel. To prevent this from happening again, my team will work on making sure the freshness of the hotel is a priority. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at gwv@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love the have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Thank you again!
Woodbridge
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed on the third floor of this property. Entering property there was the smell of a dirty carpet, and cigarette smoke. The drapes in the room were soiled, the small sofa had a large stain on one of the pillows, the carpet had a substance spilled on it. The room had a distasteful odor.
Only clean room was the bathroom. Peeling materials on the cabinet drawer area in kitchen made it very nsightly.

Would never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Saluda, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Note: I've been staying at this property at least 4 times a year for over TWENTY years. I also stay at three of your other properties in North Carolina regularly.

When making reservations by telephone, the (low cost) room I wanted was not available, which required an "upgrade". I was offered a 5% "discount". This amounted to an AARP or AAA discount which I would also have been entitled. The lady said corporate wouldn't allow anything else. I also mentioned that due to severe allergies I needed a very non-smoking room.

Upon arrival I found that I was placed in room #222 (a formerly smoking room) on the smoking floor. In visiting the room I found:

1. the clock radio front was missing so you couldn't tell whether it was set for AM or PM.

2. the front panel of the A/C unit was loose and in the process of replacing it I noticed the interior of the unit - it was FILTHY, and smelled. So much for a non-smoking room request.

The wonderful front desk clerk (Kiesha) graciously offered a choice between two 3rd floor rooms, which she showed me. Incidentally, she even offered to help me move my luggage from #222 to the new #321. Kiesha is the walking, talking example of good human relations and graciousness. (you've got a winner there! - I hope you can keep her)

The new room looked fine at first. After my two day visit please consider my longer term observations:

1. The bathroom faucet wouldn't adjust; sometimes when you turned it on it was hot, other times cold. Turning the knob made no difference. Try brushing your teeth with hot water.

2. The supports under the sofa were broken, so when you sat down, it felt like you were going to hit the floor. I'd be willing to bet that this didn't just happen - I weigh only 165lbs., so it wasn't just me!

3. Pieces of the soap from the former tenant were still in the shower.

4. The toilet seat was loose. Doesn't anybody ever check this stuff?

5. I enjoy reading - yet there are no table/floor lamps. Trying to read or work on my computer with the horrible, ill suited ceiling lamps is awful. A reading lamp used to be on the desk, and a floor lamp by the sofa. In your other three properties in which I regularly stay in North Carolina they still are. What happened?

6. What's with the 4 pillows and the over-sized bedspread? They are certainly not needed to sleep with. Where do they go at night? I'll bet they end up on the floor or the sofa; both rather untidy parking places. I'd respectfully suggest that I'd rather have just two pillows, a regular sized bedspread and A READING LIGHT. Plus it would probably help your profitability; you don't have to launder the reading light after each visit.

After staying here for many years, I realize that you may be trying to squeeze a few more years out of an old dog, but as a result of your misapplied frugality you're going to loose a good clean, very long-term and loyal quest.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business