Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave.
Ranked #57 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Staff is great. They take very good care of you and take care of any problems you may have quickley. The room is absolutly wonderful. It is like a studio apartment and is 400 square feet. Have been here almost 8 months and will come back again.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are best
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our staff provided you with great customer service. Also, I am pleased that you found your suite to be comfortable and spacious.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is most pathetic hotel I have ever stayed!! I don't know why I ignored the reviews about this hotel!! I must have relied on the review which were already a warning for staying at this hotel location!! Let me tell you my experience , When I entered in the hotel Lobby was kind of OK, so I thought the hotel would be good, and I asked receptionist (BTW she was really very polite ) to show me the room before I check In and then when I was passing through the passage it was horrible smell there like dozens of people have smoked there and such a strong smell of cigarettes all over the place! Then I entered in the room to check, and I see the room was actually dirty, I opened the drawers to check if something is not broken(trust me I was actually little scared what if something is already broken and this hotel charges me for that while checking out, but nothing like that happened..) anyways back to the room check, The drawer from inside were dirty, rest chair was already tore from one arm, I checked the Bed and pillow to see if no hairs are on bed and under pillow(I found none), bathroom was old like 25yrs old!! Kitchen was OK but again towels in kitchen and bathroom were dirty!! AC/Heater cover was already broken and so dirty you can't even think of touching it!! But I had to check In because I didn't had any other option!! after I checked In I decide to move out of this hotel ASAP.. and I checked out within 2 days..!! This hotel was Mess, please don't stay at this hotel!!

Room Tip: Please donot choose this hotel!! Instead choose Extended Stay at "Big Tree Way Rd" which i...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your room. I understand that you viewed the room before checking in, if you were not satisfied with that room we would have been happy to show you a different room on a floor that does not include smoking rooms. As well, I apologize for the A/C unit not working properly. Our maintenance staff is aware of this issue and working to repair it. Lastly, I truly apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, our housekeeping staff is providing your room with a deep clean and we are working to improve our cleaning procedures moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gwv@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Hard to find. Hard to get to the room. I had to go up flights of stairs with bags. No elevator. Room was large but nasty. Carpet has stains and the bathroom had repairs that weren't finished. I won't do this one again even for the price. I took pictures of the problems. I informed the staff who didn't seem to care.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Super staff, great housekeeping and very safe part of town. Everything is close by...stores,resturants, museums and downtown area. The zoo is 45 minutes away and alot of tourist sites are within 1 hour of here. I loved my stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for the deluxe room. It is a studio apartment with a full kitchen including a stove! How many pl...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to read that our staff provided you with such great service and that you liked our hotel's convenient as well as safe location. Plus, we really appreciate you letting us know that you truly enjoyed your room, especially the kitchen.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Room was not cleaned properly. There was even a baby pacifier in the bed. There was trash under the bed. Also before I checked in I asked to see a room. The one that I saw was nice. They put me in a different one

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that there was a cleanliness issue with your room. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am personally inspecting each room before our guests check in to avoid the same issue from happening in the future. As well, I will be working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at gwv@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Staff was very accommodating location was great with many food choices close. Wall world is also close which makes it conscientious in filling up the fridge for a six night stay. The hotel has one big problem it needs to fix and that's overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the comments about our staff; however we apologize about the smoke smell in the hotel. To prevent this from happening again, my team will work on making sure the freshness of the hotel is a priority. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at gwv@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love the have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Thank you again!

Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed on the third floor of this property. Entering property there was the smell of a dirty carpet, and cigarette smoke. The drapes in the room were soiled, the small sofa had a large stain on one of the pillows, the carpet had a substance spilled on it. The room had a distasteful odor.
Only clean room was the bathroom. Peeling materials on the cabinet drawer area in kitchen made it very nsightly.

Would never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensboro
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Greensboro - W. Wendover
Baymont Inn & Suites Greensboro/Coliseum
Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Airport
Comfort Inn Greensboro
Comfort Inn Greensboro
#17 of 77 in Greensboro
Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro
Grandover Resort , Golf, Spa & Conference Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave.

Address: 1705 Stanley Rd, Greensboro, NC 27407-2618 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Greensboro - Wendover Ave.)
Region: United States > North Carolina > Greensboro
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #57 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Price Range: £45 - £82 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Greensboro