“High Speed Internet Access is FAR from high speed.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Greensboro
Ranked #10 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I was not able to p[perform simple tasks like check email or read news articles. Forget even trying to watch a YouTube video or Skype. Other than that the place was "just OK" If visiting the area for fun I would not stay here again. This was a business trip...I was there for 10 days...and I had to travel 30 minutes to the office to use the Internet. Very frustrating.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the La Quinta Inn for a business convention. It was a more economical solution to the convention hotel and only took us about 5 minutes to get to the convention center and the coliseum. The hotel area was very convenient to I40, shopping/dining. This area off Wendover Avenue is almost all hotels and they all look nice and safe. I felt very safe and the hotel was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and attentive. Our room had a microwave and refrigerator and the bed slept great. I thought it was odd that the bathroom had no hooks for bath towels. There was just a shelf over the toilet to hold folded towels but I don't usually fold mine up after I use it. A hook or rack or something to hang towels on would be helpful. Everything was clean and well kept.

After getting settled in, I took a shower and found that the drain was broken, causing it to stay shut and fill the tub with water. Since I couldn't exactly call the desk at that moment, I managed to prop it open with the knob that was apparently broken off the top. It was later in the evening and I didn't want anyone coming to my room at that point anyway, so I decided I would tell the desk on my way out the next day. I forgot. I remembered when I came back after a long day at a convention ready to take a hot shower. What I found is that the housekeeping staff came to service the room and must have noticed the broken drain. It was fixed when I returned. One could argue that it should have been fixed before I checked in but we all miss things. I didn't notice it either until water was up over my ankles! The lesson I got is that the staff took care of things to make it right. Good service!

We found the free breakfast to be enjoyable. It's not gourmet but it was good, plenty and free. There was coffee (decaf or regular), juices, milk, hot water and tea, yogurt, fruit salad (from a can), bananas, packaged muffins, biscuits with gravy or butter or jam, multiple dry cereals and a waffle station to make your own hot waffles and syrup. I might be forgetting something but there was plenty to choose from and it was stocked during breakfast hours. There was also a "pantry" onsite behind the registration desk which was basically a mini convenience store but the prices were reasonable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Everything about this place is neat and clean and friendly. The breakfast is the only thing that was disappointing. There was very little to choose from; however the coffee was wonderful. I would consider staying at this hotel again!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We travel with 2 miniature poodles and the LQ is great. We have been staying in this one for five years. The staff gas always been knowledgeable, helpul and friendly. The breakfast has always been satisfying, plentiful and appealing.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

All in all, my stay at La Quinta was very pleasant, very comfortable, loved the small gym too!, and an excellent price!!! I drove a rental car from the Charlotte airport and got somewhat turned around getting near Greensboro. Benjamin was very helpful and patient on the phone, from my car, helping me find my way to the hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank P. Jane K
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I found pubic hair in the bathroom after unloading all of our stuff, and we have a baby so there is a lot. I chose to clean it up rather than try to move all the stuff again. I went to the desk to report it, they did nothing and when I checked out I reported it again so she gave me less than $10 discount. I come to Greensboro often and thought I had found a good place to stay, but since there was nothing done about the problem other that saving me nine dollars and some change I don't think I will be staying here again. Unless you like other people's pubic hair in your bathroom, I wouldn't stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
lq0190, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

At La Quinta we pride ourselves on clean rooms at a great price. However, from time to time a mistake will happen. I was not aware of this situation until the guest checked out. I have already spoken to my entire team from housekeeping to front desk. We want to make sure you have a great guest experience and these issues are avoided prior to check in.

I spoke to this guest to apologize and I refunded him all of his money for this stay for the inconvenience we caused.. As I explained in my follow up email its the "right thing to do." I am very accessible to my guests. In fact, I leave my email and cell phone number on my business card. I want to hear from my guest so we can improve our hotel. This guest was very appreciative of our handling of the situation and has already emailed me to say he would definitely use our hotel again on a trip to Greensboro.

We thank you for choosing La Quinta and look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Here for you,
Anthony Stewart

Reviewed 5 December 2013

This was one of the best La Quinta's we have stayed at. Very clean, modern and comfortable hotel. Nice breakfast. Wifi worked perfectly. Very convenient to our route. I definitely recommend it. Will stay here again in the future.

1  Thank lmarcketta