“Excellant Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Greensboro
Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very impressed with your hotel. Great service! Woud recommend this hotel to everyone. Wonderful breakfast and it is so great that you can bring your "furbabies" with you. It is like a home away from home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Joanne B

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I love La Quinta because they love my dog. They don't charge extra fees for having my dog in the room with me. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the location is convenient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank carolinajane61
Reviewed 27 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SARAH R
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our first experience at a La Quinta hotel was last fall and fell in love with this chain. Since then we always try to find a La Quinta hotel when travelling. Greensboro hotel was clean, comfortable bed, good breakfast (and plenty). Staff was pleasant to deal with. We arrived at the Winston-Salem location as a walk-in on one of their busiest weekends (unbeknownst to us) to find no vacancy. The front desk clerk called the Greensboro location, found a vacancy and gave us directions. Very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jody P
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The La Quinta Inn and Suites is now my go-to hotel when visiting Greensboro. After researching the best hotels in west Greensboro, I decided to book a room at the La Quinta. The location is close to quite a few restaurants as well as other conveniences (Wal-Mart, Target, drug store, etc.). Within walking distance is a Steak and Shake and Chik Fil-A. The entrance to this hotel was clean and inviting. The lobby area was open and attractive, as well. Upon check-in, I was greeted by a friendly desk clerk who also pointed out the breakfast area behind me and informed me of the breakfast hours.
My room was a standard King room, it had a comfortable bed, an over sized chair, a work station, flat screen, dresser, microwave and mini-fridge. As a frequent traveler, I am pretty particular when I check in, making sure to wipe down all knobs, remotes, handles. I was happy to find my room was very clean and I found no issues at all. My sheets and towels were clean and fresh.
Breakfast in the lobby was a little crowded but the staff worked well to make sure everything was stocked. They offered an assortment of breads, bagels, and muffins, yogurt, packaged hard boiled eggs, packets of instant oatmeal and grits, a waffle machine, biscuits and gravy, as well as fresh and canned fruit. The waffle machine was clean and I saw an attendant wiping down the syrup/waffle area several times while I had breakfast. Coffee is served hot from a dispensing machine and they also offered orange and apple juices, milk and water.
There is also a pool onsite ( I did not use the pool) and a computer right off the main lobby that I used to print my boarding pass- very convenient.

I only had a few minor negatives points- the first being the TV. The flat screen had great picture and sound but every time I turned the tv on or off, it made a LOUD chiming noise. I had the volume turned WAY down with a sleeping baby but the next morning, when I turned on the TV, the volume of the chime was obnoxiously high.
Also, my door was a little too small for the door frame, leaving a slight fraction of an inch gap that let in light all the way around the door. The toiletries are standard- soap, shampoo and lotion, no conditioner.
This property accepts pets and on the second night of my stay, I could hear a dog barking down the hall. It only lasted about 10 minutes but was annoying. I feel confident that if I had brought it to the staff's attention, it would have been addressed accordingly.

Overall, I'd say that this location is a well-run property with great amenities- both in the hotel and nearby.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ANGELA A
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Roomy facilities, which are kept very clean. The location was perfect as we came down for a Circus Del Soleil performance and the Greensboro coliseum was 10 minutes away. There are also several restaurants and stores in an adjacent shopping center. Convenient parking and pet friendly. The only minus is the outdated window air conditioning system and it's annoying noise.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank INCABB
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Great place to stay, Wonderful beds and great staff. Very close to many nice restaurants. Tripps restaurant is just a block away. Do not go to Greensboro without going to Tripps restaurant. Also have breakfast less than a half mile away at Jakes. Jakes is a local diner. Will see the same people working there all the time. For shopping there is a super Walmart just blocks away. Also a Kohls Cracker Barrel is only a block away. Also a K mart just blocks away. And who can pass up Krispy Kreme when in town and the hot light is on. What else do you need to say about such a wonderful place to stay and so convenient to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business