“I was tricked, hood-winked, and Deceived :-(”

Econo Lodge & Suites
Ranked #48 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I made reservations at this hotel (I mean motel) a month prior to my trip to Greensboro, NC. I looked at all the pictures of this place and decided it would be an awesome place to stay. Boy, was I was wrong. I was supposed to (arrived to) check-in 7/23/2013. I made it to Greensboro after a 10 and a half hour drive expecting to check-in and rest my eyes a bit. I was in for a rude awakening! I got there the inside was nice, I paid for my room and the lady said "your room is around to the left". I did not see a space to go around to the left. I came back and asked her where do I go? She said it was outside. I told her I wasn't aware that this was an outside motel. I asked did they have any more inside rooms? She said they only had a few suites on the inside and they were all booked already. At that point I became very upset. I went out to look at the room. The paint is peeled off of the outside of the motel. It was approximately 700+ feet away from the office entrance. I had to drive all the way around back versus being able to walk. I was furious because I had my boys with me and it was an outside motel. I told myself if the inside of the room was nice I would consider staying. I opened the door to the room and it was disastrous. The smell of smoke slapped me all across my face. The room wreaked of smoke, the covers on the bed were faded and dingy looking, the walls were dirty, the room was so dark and it just looked like a run down motel. They had me to sign a paper saying if I smoked in the room it will be a $25 charge (or something like that). Keep in mind I reserved a non-smoking room. The room already smelled like smoke. My boys and I are allergic to smoke. I couldn't stay in that room. My feelings were very hurt. I went back to that front office and requested a refund and explained to them the dangers of staying there and the smell coming from the room. It took them about 20 minutes to refund my money but I got a refund and cried as I left. Not knowing where my boys and I were going to sleep. This hotel was very misleading and the pictures are deceiving. Since I am a loving, caring mother, safety for my children is my number 1 priority. And this was not a very safe healthy environment. Oh and I went back the day of check out from a different hotel (7/27/2013) and they were painting the outside at Econolodge. The pictures on the website are from when the hotel was first built. They also should list on the website that this is an outside motel. This is not a place for a family with small children to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ProudMommyof4
Robin B, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was an unpleasant one, we do strive to provide excellence at our hotel. I apologize that our website does not show better that most of our rooms are outside rooms. I assure you that we are in a safe area and if there is anything I can do to bring you back to us for accomodations please call the hotel.

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge & Suites

Reviewed 9 June 2013

my family staye d one night here. we were up until 3am listening to harleys and crotch rockets with their burn outs and partying in the parking lot and lobby area. appArently management believes its okay for drinki.g, and other things are mofre important then all their guests getting a good nights rest.. terrible place for family. the cost is not worth pulling into the parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2013

I am appalled at the lack of customer service you recieved while at our hotel, I assure that me nor my staff thinks anything is more important than each and every guest. We did have the meeting room booked and it did get out of hand. I assure you the issues with the groups have been resolved and look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

My family stayed at this hotel. Very happy. I booked it for my brother. He was very happy. Also mentioned me that staff was good and Internet was working very good...I love to keep my guest at the same place because it is very close to my house.. Great location for me.

• Stayed: April 2013

I am extremely pleased that your family enjoyed our hotel, we do strive to for excellence! Thank you so much for your review of our establishment.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

I have stayed with my family.There was nice location. All staff member were very friendly and the service was really good.My room was clean.The price was right.It was a great experience to stay there.we will stay there again.

Room Tip: Building A's rooms are really good
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2013

It was great place to stay beyond my expectation as the hotel with 3 star rating can provide such a good service and the enviorment. It's quite easy approachable from freeway. Safe neighborhood. Easy access to the dining.

Room Tip: inside rooms are quiet and nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I have stayed here before. My room was clean. Price was right. Breakfast was reasonably good. Internet worked fine in my room. Great value for bucks spent.....
I can stay there again. Hotel is on highway with easy to get in and out.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

We stopped in late expecting no frills. But it's very run down outside. The ac was very loud. Kept me awake for hours. The tv barely had a picture. But worst of all , no hot water in the morning for showers. The bed frame rails were exposed and my husband scraped his leg this morning to top it all off. And lastly, our non-smoking room smelled of smoke and was musty. Never again. Our complaints got us a discount but the staff was rude.

• Stayed: October 2012