“do what”

Ranked #47 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Greenville, North Carolina
“do what”
Reviewed 19 October 2010

i had read the reviews of this hotel and decided to stay there while on a field trip with my child and mom.......i am not sure it got the reviews that it has...it is an old bld that they have tried to remodle some, dont get me wrong,,,,service was great b/c even though it was past my time to cancel without losing my money once i got there and saw the place i did not feel comfortable staying and they did give me my money back

i dont know why they have suites attatched to the name......definitely not for families

direct surrounding area is also old hotels that look kinda dumpy also, but it is close to the mall

for those of you who these things dont bother, keep in mind that most of the hotel is outside entrances and if upstairs there is no elevator

thank you management for allowing me to have my money back so i could stay somewhere i was comfortable

• Stayed October 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dunnellon, Florida
Reviewed 17 September 2010

This is a newer motel, easily accessible from the freeway, but also quiet & pleasant, and close to restaurants. But it was the customer service that was amazing! While staying at this Quality Inn & Suites on our way back home to Florida, I accidentally left a favorite pair of sandals in our room. When I called and spoke to the owner/general manager, she was friendly and helpful, found my sandals, and mailed them back to me immediately. She also called me back to let me know she had found them, and refused my offer of postage for the mailing! Not only was our stay restful in a clean, comfortable room after a long day of driving, I think I encountered the best service ever! Thank you! We'll most definitely stay with you again on our next road trip!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Providenciales
Reviewed 8 August 2010

good location surrounded with restaurants and shopping not to far from the coliesum.
The mangement and staff is very friendly and helpful. love this place.
i really recommend this hotel if travelling for business or vacation. great choice.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Fayetteville, NC
Reviewed 31 March 2010

The hotel is very conveniently located to the Greensboro Coliseum, the interstate, the shopping mall, various restaurants, and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. There seems to have been lots of recent renovations as the furniture and appliances appear new. The best aspect for me is the bedding; the mattress and pillows are some of the most comfortable I've slept on. There is a deluxe breakfast that offers the customary continental fare plus eggs and sausage. One negative is that the plumbing seems to be reversed (hot and cold are indicated opposite on the faucet). I don't know if this exists throughout the hotel, but I had this problem. Once I figured it out, it was not a big deal, but it's still something that should be addressed. The location isn't luxurious or charming, but It is affordably priced, very conveniently located, and a good place to get a great night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank NCSouthCarolinian
melinaT
Reviewed 2 February 2010

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. They obviously have fixed it up which is good and the rooms are much nicer than they seem from the older reviews. The area it's in is not great, kind of run down, but that's not the fault of the hotel obviously and it is close to the coliseum. The rates are reasonable and I was able to get a room without a problem. The main complaint I have was the service. The woman who "helped" me was completely rude! I have worked in the service industry myself so am usually pretty understanding but she was just unreasonably rude. I had to deal with her a couple of times and I have never had such cold, unfriendly service. I know everyone has bad days but if I'm in a hotel it is because I'm on a trip or vacation, and want to be relaxed and well treated. Instead she and some of the other staff made me feel like I was a bother, an interruption and not welcome. I left this hotel with a bad feeling and won't be going back. The owners have tried making this place better and have mostly been successful but all the rennovations in the world can't help if your staff is rude.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
virginia
Reviewed 21 October 2009

I was booked in this hotel a few years ago when it was a travelodge. I booked it not realizing it was the same hotel. The first time I came the hotel had broken down cars in the parking lot, I went to the room, but felt like I was in a real dangerous envrionment and left. I complained heavily to Price Line, they refunded my money.

When I pulled in this time, I was real concerned, so I drove around the parking lot before going in. I found a newly paved parking lot, updated landscapaing and a very nice environment.

When I went to check in, I found out this hotel was purchased by a new owner and this was their first hotel.

The rooms were totally redone, beautiful new beds furniture, flat screen tv's, updated bathrooms. Very clean and safe.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I will stay here again as a first choice. Nicely done new owner.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank rjjr1125
Florida
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I was extremely disappointed in this hotel. The only thing it has going for it in my opinion is that the location is close to everything. Other than that, I would say go somewhere else! The person working who "helped" us, Tania (or something similar) was extremely rude to myself and my family. It was clear she hated her job and the rest of the staff we encountered that day were equally unpleasant. Maybe it was just a bad day for them, I do not know. The rooms were normal sized, you can tell they were recently painted, but our room had trash in it. There was a lot of ourside noise and some very scary people lurking around at night. If you're in the market for a cheap hotel, this is your place. but if you want friendly service and CLEAN rooms, look elsewhere. You get what you pay for.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
RAHEJA, Manager, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites Coliseum, responded to this review, 14 October 2009
Hotel has been completely renovated August 2009. Everything from the beds,furniture,silk drapes, bedding, Ref, microwave,and flat screens all are brand new. All the rooms are brand new.

We have worked very hard and renovated the hotel and made it a beautiful place for our guest.