“Clean and Newly Renovated”

Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave. - Big Tree Way
Ranked #61 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Raleigh
“Clean and Newly Renovated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I did not know what to expect when I got this room off of hotwire for $34 a night. When I arrived at the property , there is a big pothole in the parking lot which i felt was not a good sign. Then you get to check in , and very friend staff member Troy got me promptly checked into the two rooms I had reserved. Upon entering the rooms, they were very clean , spacious , and had obviously been renovated recently . The bed was comfortable, had a flat screen lg tv (not many channels though) , a full size refrigerator/freezer, microwave , cooktop , pots and pans, plates, etc. Bathroom was clean. Honestly I do not know what the other reviewers complained about either. At the price , I got way more than I expected.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back side of the hotel so as to not hear the noise from the amusement area next...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Jamestown, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Due to my living situation (take care of my terminal mother) I often get a cheap room just to get away or have a few drinks, ya know just to get the heck out of dodge. I often priceline the cheapest in the GSO area and this is the place that I usually get (btw choose west gso and bid 28-30 bux and you should be great, add tax and priceline fees and the place can be had for around 40 a night).

First, no, you are not gonna get concierge service here, it is a lower to mid grade hotel/motel. However, the staff has always been friendly, helpful, and have NEVER had an issue. The rooms are very clean, plenty of towels, and every room has a two burner stove, microwave, full size refrigerator and freezer, and essential dishes/pots and pans. Also, the rooms are equiped with very nice flat screen lg televisions (with HDMI inputs if you want to connect your laptop to play movies or whatnot). You don't get fancy soaps or name brand shampoos/conditioners, but seriously again what are you expecting? It is a budget hotel and AWESOME for the price. I'd much rather have a fridge and microwave (and ice trays) rather than a 50 cent bottle of shampoo, maybe that is just me.

Also, to posters who have complained about the 25 dollar charge for a late checkout I can only assume they are the whiney/entitled guests who don't know how to be courteous and ask politely. I have stayed here at least 5 times and every time I have POLITELY asked for a late checkout and been nice to the person at the front desk and they have allowed me to stay until at least 12pm, sometimes 1pm. I have been told when I ask this early in the evening to ask later once the night shift/early morning person starts working, but I am a night owl so that works out.

In summation, if you want a cheap CLEAN place without the frills but many essentials other places lack, come here! Great location (right in the main shopping drag of GSO off of wendover and awesome Chinese buffet a block away ang right next to celebration station if you have children and want to play putt putt,arcade games, or just have a little fun).

I think all of the previous reviews are bratty people expecting a 4 star hotel at a 2 star price....

Room Tip: Bid 25-30 bux on priceline and choose Greensboro west and you will get a room. I have gotten it for...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Myrtle Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Despite what previous reviews have said, every room at this property are indeed newly renovated. From my flawless check in with the excellent staff to my clean, spacious and comfortable room I can tell you that this is an excellent place to stay. I will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Roanoke, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Like two previous raters. I fell for the newly renovated on the website, figuring the prior ratings had been corrected. I wasn't that lucky. Closet was a curtain on a rod. Furniture was old. A request to check out an hour late was denied, and I was informed it would cost $25 to do so if we didn't comply with the check-out time. It wasn't terrible, but it was poor. The nicest person wa Iris who helped us a lot and seemed to care.

Room Tip: No elevator, so choose a first floor!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Greensboro hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

The male at the front desk named Troy was very helpful. You could tell he knew his information when questions were being asked; very good customer service. The room was very nice and the beds were comfortable sleeping in. I enjoyed my stay , I would most likely return in the future.

• Stayed March 2013
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

The customer service deplorable which is worst then horrible... Unprofessional staff cares nothing about its guest... We checked out before we even checked in. Renovated rooms??? With old broken up furniture where do they do that at.. But if you are looking for a bad nite sleep go for it!!!

• Stayed March 2013
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave. - Big Tree Way, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The customer service you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am working with the team to review all service expectations and training. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kmaile@extendedstay.com.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

Claimed to be renovated, no way. It needs a lot of work. They are painting the outside now. Very noisy. I would not stay here again. Kitchen counter and cabinets needed work. Bathroom bath and shower need to be replaced.Lighting is very poor. 2 computer desk chairs that are broken and filthy.They had to bring in additional lamps just to give us enough light in the bedroom and living area. The worse thing was we had a king bed with queen sheets and blankets. The only good thing was the staff. They did the best they could with what they had to work with. I give them a lot of credit. I usually am very understanding. I can't remember ever writing anything like this review and I have been all over the world.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Jamie B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave. - Big Tree Way, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our company's management.