Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave. - Big Tree Way
Ranked #56 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
“Good safe and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

My wife stayed over a year ago so we decided to stay as senior for more than four weeks. Staff was welcoming and helpful, specially Robin T front desk. Room cleaned once a week which was ok. Rates were lowest I found. It was great to have shuttle bus from hotel to and from High Point Furniture market. We also made good use of the kitchen. Free Wi Fi Internet and good TV Chanel selections. We will return next time in Greensboro or other Extended Stay America elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Mrbakh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

If you just need a bed for the night, this hotel is fine. The room was small but clean. However, if you're looking for somewhere for more than a quick overnight, look elsewhere. As I mentioned, the rooms are tiny, and the amenities are nonexistent -- we didn't even get shampoo in the room. The sheets were rough -- it felt like you were sleeping on paper. The "grab-n-go" breakfast consisted of oatmeal packets and hot water. The staff seemed stressed and unwilling to help with basic questions. We paid an exorbitant rate for this hotel because it was an event weekend. Had we grabbed it for $40/night like some other reviewers, it'd be perfectly fine. There are a lot of other hotels in this area, so I'd opt for another if you plan to spend any significant time in your room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bbcarpenter1
Raleigh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I did not know what to expect when I got this room off of hotwire for $34 a night. When I arrived at the property , there is a big pothole in the parking lot which i felt was not a good sign. Then you get to check in , and very friend staff member Troy got me promptly checked into the two rooms I had reserved. Upon entering the rooms, they were very clean , spacious , and had obviously been renovated recently . The bed was comfortable, had a flat screen lg tv (not many channels though) , a full size refrigerator/freezer, microwave , cooktop , pots and pans, plates, etc. Bathroom was clean. Honestly I do not know what the other reviewers complained about either. At the price , I got way more than I expected.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back side of the hotel so as to not hear the noise from the amusement area next...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Jamestown, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Due to my living situation (take care of my terminal mother) I often get a cheap room just to get away or have a few drinks, ya know just to get the heck out of dodge. I often priceline the cheapest in the GSO area and this is the place that I usually get (btw choose west gso and bid 28-30 bux and you should be great, add tax and priceline fees and the place can be had for around 40 a night).

First, no, you are not gonna get concierge service here, it is a lower to mid grade hotel/motel. However, the staff has always been friendly, helpful, and have NEVER had an issue. The rooms are very clean, plenty of towels, and every room has a two burner stove, microwave, full size refrigerator and freezer, and essential dishes/pots and pans. Also, the rooms are equiped with very nice flat screen lg televisions (with HDMI inputs if you want to connect your laptop to play movies or whatnot). You don't get fancy soaps or name brand shampoos/conditioners, but seriously again what are you expecting? It is a budget hotel and AWESOME for the price. I'd much rather have a fridge and microwave (and ice trays) rather than a 50 cent bottle of shampoo, maybe that is just me.

Also, to posters who have complained about the 25 dollar charge for a late checkout I can only assume they are the whiney/entitled guests who don't know how to be courteous and ask politely. I have stayed here at least 5 times and every time I have POLITELY asked for a late checkout and been nice to the person at the front desk and they have allowed me to stay until at least 12pm, sometimes 1pm. I have been told when I ask this early in the evening to ask later once the night shift/early morning person starts working, but I am a night owl so that works out.

In summation, if you want a cheap CLEAN place without the frills but many essentials other places lack, come here! Great location (right in the main shopping drag of GSO off of wendover and awesome Chinese buffet a block away ang right next to celebration station if you have children and want to play putt putt,arcade games, or just have a little fun).

I think all of the previous reviews are bratty people expecting a 4 star hotel at a 2 star price....

Room Tip: Bid 25-30 bux on priceline and choose Greensboro west and you will get a room. I have gotten it for...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Myrtle Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Despite what previous reviews have said, every room at this property are indeed newly renovated. From my flawless check in with the excellent staff to my clean, spacious and comfortable room I can tell you that this is an excellent place to stay. I will be back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Roanoke, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Like two previous raters. I fell for the newly renovated on the website, figuring the prior ratings had been corrected. I wasn't that lucky. Closet was a curtain on a rod. Furniture was old. A request to check out an hour late was denied, and I was informed it would cost $25 to do so if we didn't comply with the check-out time. It wasn't terrible, but it was poor. The nicest person wa Iris who helped us a lot and seemed to care.

Room Tip: No elevator, so choose a first floor!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

The male at the front desk named Troy was very helpful. You could tell he knew his information when questions were being asked; very good customer service. The room was very nice and the beds were comfortable sleeping in. I enjoyed my stay , I would most likely return in the future.

• Stayed March 2013