Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave. - Big Tree Way
Ranked #60 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Novi, Michigan
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I recently visited the extended stay in Greenboro NC. and of course I was thinking it was going to be a good stay but It was a Great Stay the young man Johnthan was wonderful he went over and above what I call customer service to make sure we were checked in early the friendliness of everyone I truly recommend if you visit NC. that's were you stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ewoodall69
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave. - Big Tree Way, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that my staff was able to assist you and provide you with a comfortable, clean room. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in October since it was all I could get during Furniture Mart. All I can say is its a roof over your head with a TV and bed. There is no available room cleaning (once every 8 days), no elevators, and not much for the price I paid. It was fairly clean except for trash that was piled up in the stairwells. I gave it two stars which is more than it should have gotten, but perhaps I should have been more aware of what to expect. They do accept pets. You do have a basic kitchen, and you can survive for a week in a mini suite. Just be prepared for what they provide. I found the no maid service a little troubling since they do not provide vacuums and cleaning products in the rooms.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave. - Big Tree Way, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our housekeeping policy was not clear at the time you booked your reservation. I will be working with the staff to ensure this is communicated better moving forward. Still, I am glad that you liked your room, especially the kitchen.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at gwa2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Greensboro hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Worst hotel experience EVER
-UNACCEPTABLE smoky smell in the room, clearly stated as "non smoking room" when booking but we were placed in a room with very bad chemical smell fused with cigarette sense. When ask to exchange for another room they simply said it's full and we were unable to switch

-Terrible services, we stayed for couple nights and NO ONE clean the room, not even towel replacement or garbage cleaning. Unpleasant service.

-Very dirty, I think they pick up the sofa bed from the junk yard and just clean it, all the springs are basically broken and the surface is very dirty. They don't even give you shampoo in the hotel, thank god we brought our own. Oh and no water/ fountain water either. Broken window screen.

Totally terrible experience, very angry and pissed off

Room Tip: STAY AWAY from this hotel as far away as possible, you will regret
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Matthew M
Stokesdale, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were recently (june 30th-july 6th) in North Carolina house hunting in the Summerfield, Stokesdale area. We decided to stay in Greensboro to get an over all taste of the "City". We were so pleased with this hotel. The room was quite comfortable and clean. We stayed for just one week. And what a deal we got on the price! Its location is perfect. We had no problems at all finding our way around. Yes,there is a family amusement park right next door, but once you shut your door you can not hear a thing. We were busy from early morning to late nights and it was nice to go back to a comfortable and clean room. NO COMPLAINTS!!!

Room Tip: Great location if your not familiar with the city. Easy highway and main road access. Plenty of stor...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Wendover Ave. - Big Tree Way, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Bonnie - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are pleased to know you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel. It is great that you enjoyed your clean room and our convenient location.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I just stayed at Extended Stay America for two weeks (May-June 2013) and it was fantastic. for the price!. When I booked the rooms, I was skeptical because the on-line reviews were not good, but I noticed it had been recently renovated. The rooms were not big but I had 2 beds (not a bed and a sleeper sofa), which might have made it look smaller. I had 2 dogs and they were very dog friendly and even charged me 1/2 the price listed. The front desk and the house keeping were always friendly and responsive. The kitchens were adequate but I had the feeling that if I needed extra items, they would supply them. There wasn't shampoo/conditioner or dishwasher soap, but I wasn't surprised due to the price. We went to CVS (within walking distance) and bought shampoo/conditioner, and used soap for the dishes. The complementary breakfasts were pretty good and they were friendly when I took a lot of food. My only complaint was that rooms had only room darkening shades which meant when you were in your room and wanted privacy, the room was pitch dark. I got some painters tape and taped a sheet on the window so sunlight could come in during the day and I had privacy. I mentioned this to the manager. He was receptive to the input and wasn't upset I used painters tape and a sheet. I had to stay at this hotel because I sold my house and my new place was not ready. While I hope not to have to stay at a long term hotel in the future, my experience at Extended Stay was surprisingly outstanding.

Room Tip: The back rooms were quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2013

My wife stayed over a year ago so we decided to stay as senior for more than four weeks. Staff was welcoming and helpful, specially Robin T front desk. Room cleaned once a week which was ok. Rates were lowest I found. It was great to have shuttle bus from hotel to and from High Point Furniture market. We also made good use of the kitchen. Free Wi Fi Internet and good TV Chanel selections. We will return next time in Greensboro or other Extended Stay America elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Mrbakh
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 21 April 2013

If you just need a bed for the night, this hotel is fine. The room was small but clean. However, if you're looking for somewhere for more than a quick overnight, look elsewhere. As I mentioned, the rooms are tiny, and the amenities are nonexistent -- we didn't even get shampoo in the room. The sheets were rough -- it felt like you were sleeping on paper. The "grab-n-go" breakfast consisted of oatmeal packets and hot water. The staff seemed stressed and unwilling to help with basic questions. We paid an exorbitant rate for this hotel because it was an event weekend. Had we grabbed it for $40/night like some other reviewers, it'd be perfectly fine. There are a lot of other hotels in this area, so I'd opt for another if you plan to spend any significant time in your room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business