“I Can Count on It” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Shelby, North Carolina
“I Can Count on It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

I stay here every time I go to Greensboro, and I have never been disappointed. It is a little above Motel 6 quality with a refrigerator and small breakfast. It is clean, quiet, comfortable, safe, convenient and a good value. I was completely satisfied.

Room Tip: Rooms furtherist from the office are nearer the ice machine. Be sure to ask for non-smoking when you...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Clayton, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

I picked this Inn based on reviews I read on Travel Adviser, (the reviews made me feel better about being frugal). Our room looked clean at first glance but upon further inspection sticky little finger prints were everywhere, the bathroom did not smell clean, and the towels were not soft which made our trip out in the sun all day at the water park seem like drying off with paper towels. It took all I had to lay down and sleep what with the bathroom smelling like ... and the air condition roaring in my ears. I will not be visiting the Red Carpet Inn again.

Room Tip: Pick Another Place!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012 via mobile

...but my room was NOT so great. Maybe mine was all that was available since there was a huge furniture convention going on. The "manager" at the front desk was very nice. The bed was comfortable. Since I was only there for one night and only to sleep, I didn't ask for a different room, but I did call and let him know the room was dirty.

I did, however, make a quick trip to Big Lots for some room deodorizer and cleaning supplies. After scrubbing the dresser, nightstands, table, chairs, bathroom counter, toilet, plus all the door knobs, light switches, bathroom and tub faucets, frig and TV, I pulled down the cigarette-burned bedspread to find a dead bug on one of the pillows. Since I didn't really need that one, it just went on the floor.

After all that, I watched some TV and slept like a baby.

Good luck. You really do get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank BevLYH
Shelby, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Located uptown in the midst of more expensive motels, it advertizes for $39.99 and gives a senior discount. Motel 6 and Red Roof Inn at the airport are a little cheaper but the breakfast and location were worth the extra $3.00. It had everything I would expect from a moderately priced motel (except shampoo) plus a refrigerator and coffee in the room. Everything worked and the staff was friendly and helpful, and I was allowed to check in early. The free breakfast was pastries, coffee and juice. I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to other frugal travelers.

Room Tip: The room at the end next to the coke machine is the quietist but none are very noisy.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank pperrin
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

I first stayed in 2007 and had a very pleasant stay, as you can read from my review. The 2nd time I was disappointed because I was placed in the same room I had been in, except that it had none of the appointments as before, i.e., microwave, coffeemaker, etc.

When I checked in I asked that my previous record be retrieved because I was using the same info to register. The same desk clerk who checked me in in 2007 said they do not use the computer to register people so she didn't have my info. I talked about the kittens she had adopted before so she seemed to remember me because of that event in her life.

She gave me a small form to complete as before. When I asked for a room on the front closer to the office, she said she did not have anything and that those rooms were for people to made a reservation in advance and guaranteed it with a credit card.

I thought it was strange that 2 years later I was placed in the same area of the property, and even the same room that I had before. There seemed to be rooms available in front near the office. I felt uncomfortable and decided not to ever go there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Homestead, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

Upon arrival at first my husband and I started to have second thoughts, but I decided to give it a try anyway being very tired from the traveling. Well we arrived around 7:30am and no reservations, So we went in the office, where a young handsome man, his name was Billy..greeted us in a very polite, welcoming way. I noticed they had a sign for the check in time which is 2pm, and check out at 11am on the day of departure. Speaking from past experience, any time you check in that early you still have to check out at 11am the same morning or pay for 2 nights stay. The rate was $39.95 plus tax for a single bed, around $45 after tax..so we decided to stay and check out in a couple of hours. As I was filling out the registration, I asked Billy if we could get till 12 noon, that way we could get at least 3-4hrs sleep, his reply was "NO, but you can stay until the NEXT day, without any extra charge". My husband asked him if he was joking, Billy said, I am not joking at all sir , plus I am going to upgrade your room to a KING size bed also at no extra cost. My husband says OK! what's the catch? Billy says there is no catch, he just wants us to get a good proper rest. So after receiving our room key, Billy asked if we would like any help with our luggage, " that would be great ", so he helped us unload some very heavy bags and put them in our room w/out a problem, as he was leaving I tried to give him a tip but he refused it in a polite manner. After we entered our room, I noticed it was very clean and the bathroom was sparkling clean, we had a micro fridge, coffee maker, free wireless internet ( BLAZING FAST) , color television with almost 75 channels incl. HBO & SHOWTIME. Also our bed was a very very clean KING size just a BILLY said. My husband and I said to each other we must be dreaming "Nobody has ever done this for us ever!, without any extra cost. The bed was absolutely perfect!! We had the BEST SLEEP ever in a long time, my back had not felt this good since, I was a teenager my husband says to me, I giggled and said mine to..WOW!! So after we get up around 5:30pm and go to the office Billy is still there. We were hungry but did not know what was around us to get something, Once more we asked Billy, he asked us what we were in the mood to, eat? Well we wanted SUSHI so he recommended a place called ASHAIS. He gave us the directions about 5 min. from the hotel. It seemed like a low end restaurant, When we went in we told the hostess that Billy from the RED CARPET INN recommended this place, instantly she was like, Billy yes I know him very well, very nice and handsome guy, he come here, all the time. Well Billy must be loved by these people, we had a wonderful dinner experience, they made the food right in front of you...we have only seen this on TV , the chef did some neat tricks..and the food was absolutely TERRIFIC!!! YUMMY!!! after we got our check to pay for dinner we noticed there was some mistake they only charged us for 1 dinner plate not 2, so a little asian lady came over and told us she was the owner of this place, and the price was correct. She said Billy called her and asked if we had made it there safely and if so please take good care of US, since we were his guest and that is exactly what they did. So we get back to the hotel to thank Billy and there is a different man there, we asked him were Billy went he said " I do know WHY " you wanna know..where he is. We did not like the way he was speaking to us, so I asked him his name he said with a brash reply VERNON..what can I do to help you, " it seemed like he just wanted us to get out of the office because he did not want us to hear his conversation with someone on his cell phone ear piece, we could hear him mumbling about us on the way out the door. Anyway we get back to our room and we started talking about our time here we LOVE it,
do not care to much for the night shift guy though. Excellent location across from a huge shopping center & huge new movie theater may other restaurants, close to everything you would want possible.
We loved the location the best it was not noisy at all. The amenities were great for the price ( We have gotten much less in higher overpriced hotels ).
We absolutely loved Billy, he made our stay very wonderful, and when we return to this place, again it will be because of Billy, definitely will recommend this place to all our friends, and tell them to ask for Billy when they arrive.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!! EXCELLENT PLACE FOR THE PRICE!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2010

A friend told me about this hotel and at first I was really leery but my mind was quickly changed. I checked in a 2:00 am and the person working the night desk was very helpful and curteous, He went out of his way to help me unpack my car and printed out directions for me to my business meeting. I asked about the cleaniness of the room and his response was simple, it had better be clean or someone was getting fired. No one had to get fired because the room was top notch. My room had a coffee maker, micro fridge, microwave and a surprisingly good TV. It didn't have a hair dryer etc, but what can one ask for the price? The AC was new and worked perfectly. The Bathroom was a little small but clean. The internet was fast and free (I'm not that good with computers and couldn't log on, the clerk came to my room and quickly gave me a detailed explantion and got me on line in seconds! at 3:00 am) The morning fellow was a little...rude and had a problem with another female guest and he was VERY rude to her and seemed to be angry with her, I do not know what it was about and stayed out of it. The breakfast was OK, the night clerk had summed it up well with "It's enough to tide you over until you can get something real" luckily, there are a number of places to eat very close by and even the rude fellow was quick to give directions even though he was a bit cold about it. The house keeping staff was really great, the lady that cleaned my room was nice and we had a great converstation while she quickly worked, the man that was supposed to be the general manager was very nice and was also very helpful with directions and information. This place had gotten some bad reviews but I saw none of the problems that others mentioned.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business