“If You Want A Fancy Hotel, Do NOT Stay Here.”

Drury Inn & Suites Greensboro
Ranked #11 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Central PA
“If You Want A Fancy Hotel, Do NOT Stay Here.”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently returned from my second three-night stay at the Drury Inn & Suites in Greensboro, NC, and if you are looking for a upscale hotel with all of the wonderful amenities a hotel can give, do not stay here; but if you want a clean hotel and rooms with great hospitality at a reasonable price, then this is the place you want to stay while visiting Greensboro. As I walk toward the front desk, I am greeted with a smiling person who genuinely wants to help me. Yes, the elevators are slow, and the décor is somewhat dated, but what I want is place that treats me well and is comfortable. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable.

One of the amenities that I like is that there is a breakfast bar in the morning and a dinner bar with two free alcoholic drinks (part of the room package with no hidden charges). No, it is not gourmet food, but it is quite good. The breakfast bar has scrambled eggs, biscuits with gravy, home fries, two different juices, coffee, milk, many cereals, waffles, etc. It is quite good and a money-saver for a family. The dinner bar has hot dogs, some sort of pasta, meatballs, baked potatoes, salad, etc. Of course, it has the two free drinks; I prefer wine, and the merlot was palatable: again, a great money-saver.

There is a small pool that flows inside and outside with a Jacuzzi. There is a small exercise room. Everything was clean. The manager was awesome and accommodated our group very well. There are many restaurants in the area and some decent shopping, and it is near the coliseum. A great place for the budget minded person.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first or second floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Flick8675309

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Darby, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our team is involved in AAU Basketball. The 15 year old was invited to greensboro for basketball
camp. I needed a suite for the other 2 boys. the Drury surprised us all. I came from Pennsylvania they let me check in early then at 5:30 the kickback was fun and the food was good. Their was an indoor and outdoor pool. The price was good and the room was wonderful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Booked it thru priceline so not surprised they would not changed room from a double. Location is great as the mall and convention center across the street. The wood fired Darylls next to the hotel was awesome! Free food and beverages as always here! Room fresh and smelled clean. Pool area was just me tonight! Would and have stayed again!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BIZWITHCACHING
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for a Family Reunion July 3-6, 2014. The check in was okay. The hotel
could use some updates: There are signs of a Old Hotel trying to be revamped. Beds weren't
not queens, more like a overside twin. The elevators were slow in the front of hotel, and middle.
Guest who had pets let there animals poof in grass didn't pick waste. The AIR CONDITIONER IN room was outdated. They had to run all night in order to keep room cool.The evening staff Lauren
and Nicole were very rude. It was like we were in prison. It was like light out at 10pm. We wanted a Reunion with the family but Drury Inn wanted silence in the lobby. I will never stay here
again.
and the staff

Room Tip: Pets are allowed at hotels, Air conditioner are old units sitting on floor, units on wall run all ni...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate hearing from our guests, as we use your feedback to help improve our product and services. I sincerely apologize that your experience was not better than you expected. We designate a pet "area" and ask all of our guests to use that. We keep our hotel clean and follow a preventive maintenance program to keep up our hotel. We also have a quiet time implemented for the comfort of all of our guests.

We appreciate your business and sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs.

Lauren Gibson
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife & I stayed for 5 nights (Late May/Early June 2014). We had most of one floor reserved for family. The staff was very accommodating, rooms were serviced based on our schedules, the lobby/eating area was a great common area to gather. My wife & I were upgraded to a suite that was very convenient for getting ready for the wedding, visiting, etc.
Everyone appreciated the late afternoon / early evening hospitality (food/drinks). Breakfast was good also: nice variety with healthy food items.

We'll stay there again.

Room Tip: 1st floor can be a bit noisy due to guest activities.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I booked this room through Priceline's express bid for $100. I wasn't aware of the hotel until after my purchase. This was my first time but I will definitely return. The hotel was standard rooms. Comfortable queen beds. Directly across from the mall and off the highway.

The best part of the hotel is complimentary happy hour and breakfast. They offered a hot breakfast in the morning. In the evening you can get two alcohol drinks and there was a hot food bar. It included hot dogs, baked potato bar, chips n chilli, salad, macaroni n cheese, and popcorn cart. The fountain drinks were available anytime. It was a nice plus to return to the hotel and get a free cup of soda versus paying $2 in a vending machine.

• Stayed May 2014
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice and the compliment of food and drink was very nice. I only have a few issues, 1.they need queen double beds not double 2. The elevator is so slow 3. And they need a better way to exit the parking lot when it's check out time. (The intercom didn't work and the front desk clerk wasn't in attendance at check out time!!)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for staying at the Drury Inn & Suites Greensboro. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, including our Hot Breakfast and our evening Kickback. I appreciate your suggestion regarding the beds and the information about the intercom. We are scheduled for a renovation in 2015 and the double beds will be replaced with queen beds. I will also have our team check the intercom at our gates. We look forward to welcoming you back to Greensboro!

Respectfully,