“Does not meet Drury standards.”

Drury Inn & Suites Greensboro
Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel because I'n a fan of this hotel brand! The staff was friendly but this is the most run down Drury Inn I've been in. The room was clean enough. The area surrounding the hotel isn't so great. If you like "alternative" night activities you can listen to rap and join the hookah crew by one of the doors, go to the gentleman's club across the street, or find a friendly hooker.... We won't come again!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for taking time to express your concerns. I apologize that we were unable to exceed your expectations, as this is our goal with each and every one of our guests. It appears that at the time of your visit we were also hosting college students through an exchange program with one of the local colleges. With limited transportation, many of the activities were taking place at our hotel. We are located in a high traffic and easily accessible location and we keep the property well lit. I would love the opportunity to speak with you to get additional information. At your convenience, please contact me at 336-856-9696.

Kind Regards,
Lauren Gibson, GM

Reviewed 18 August 2014

everything was very nice... will defiantly stay at Drury Inns again.. This Drury Inn, has the best staff. I was coming from Macon, and my daughter from Ohio, this is where we chose to meet. .so granddaughter who visited here in summer, could go home. She got to the hotel before me, and the staff allowed her and her son to wait and enjoy the 5:30 feedback, until I arrived. The price for pet's is great.. Every staff member that I met in the time while there, very pleasant and helpful, every one smiled. I like this hotel nice pool.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The check in was great, checking out is also very easy. The staff was always friendly and we enjoyed our 4 day stay! Our room was comfortable and very clean, and never had any problems. Even though when I booked it (January, 2014) all that was available was smoking rooms; the rooms have since all converted to non-smoking and we never would have known there had been smokers (which is good since I'm allergic to cigarette smoke!)
Due to the times we got out of the conference we went to, we were only able to take advantage of the evening kickback twice (the only bummer. It would be nice if open until 8pm). The pool and hot tub were a nice thing and took advantage of those! The work out area was not big, but it was never full, so it was easy to use!
Breakfasts were good, but I think they were a bit overwhelmed the 1st day because we had to wait about 15 min. before we could get any eggs. I think they learned and the rest of the mornings we went down 20 min. later and all went smoothly! I also like the shower supplies
Thanks Drury Inn & Suites for making a great time overall! Next time we will book earlier and get one of you one bedroom!

Room Tip: Usually me preference is for a higher floor, but we stayed on bottom floor not that far from the poo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel exceeding our expectations! The friendly, courteous, staff, well appointed rooms, and let's not forget the great food! We have been traveling back and forth to Greensboro to visit our daughter since July, 2013 and I always stayed at another chain hotel, primarily because of it's low price and location but WE really enjoyed our stay at The Drury and can't wait to stay here again! Thanks for becoming our home away from home.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Drury inns are the best! Rooms clean, breakfast and kickbacks are a major perk. Breakfast is more than just dry cereal or breakfast granola bar... You get eggs, bacon or sausage, gravy, waffles, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, etc. You also get cereal, Hot or cold, if you prefer. Staff always friendly. Best of all is the pet policy. No weight limit. Small dogs are usually more destructive and noisy but hotels want to limit dogs to 20 or 30 pounds. We travel with a lab Shepherd mix and a great Dane... Both well mannered and house broke. It gets frustrating to travel out of Drury areas and have difficulty finding hotels. We stay at Drury as often as possible when traveling.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I enjoy the friendly environment and the location of the Drury Inn. I really enjoy the food in the evening, pop corn and soft drinks that are complimentary with each stay. The staff work to accommodate you while you visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2014

They had made some updates since my last stay a few years ago. Breakfast had expanded the menu; very tasty. The "kick-back" in the evening had also been expanded and was nice--things like nachos, salsa, chicken tenders, hotdogs--you could make a meal out of it if so inclined. Personnel very nice--I had to leave early due to an emergency. Precious--the desk clerk--helped me with a speedy checkout and refund--always friendly. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business