“Great stay”

Hyatt Place Greensboro
Ranked #17 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Loved the look of this hotel! The room was huge. Love the large swivel TV. Bathroom was small compared to the size of the room. Loved the towel rack in the shower. Bed was average...wasn't great but not terrible.

The best part was breakfast...it was amazing!!! The bacon egg Gouda on a potato roll was amazing! I had two but could of had 4! :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is a great perk. The building is a little older, but yet very clean and somewhat updated. It was a great place to stay for an overnight business trip. I liked the workout room, too!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business and this hotel really stands out with their customer service. Great price for the service and the free breakfast was nice too. They have very spacious rooms as well. The hotel is conveniently located to several restaurants and businesses.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place and it will not be my last. I really love everything about this chain - this particular location is very affordable, the decor is contemporary, and the breakfast is amazing. This one is located just at the corner of Wendover Avenue and Interstate 40, so it is ideally located for visiting anywhere in Greensboro. We popped over to downtown Greensboro while we stayed here and the drive took no more than 15 minutes. The immediate vicinity of the hotel also has many, many restaurants and shopping opportunities within one mile.

The hotel itself is beautiful. I am a big fan of contemporary designs and this hotel is definitely contemporary. We had a room with one king bed and it had a sitting area with a mini bar and fridge separated from the bed by a small, decorative room divider. The room also came with a huge 42 inch TV fully wired to work with any electronic device you may have. It was very simple to hook up my Kindle Fire and watch movies on the TV, which I appreciated. The only complaint I have about the internet is you have to log in again every 24 hours, which interrupted a movie I was watching at the time, but it is not a major inconvenience. It would be nice if we could have logged in for the duration of our stay instead.

The complimentary breakfast was wonderful. There were many options including toast, bagels, danishes, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, and my personal favorite - the breakfast sandwiches. They had two options for sandwiches at this location, which were a more typical bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich with gouda on a potato roll, which was great, but the other was a southwestern biscuit that had eggs, tomato, guacamole, and pepper jack cheese on a biscuit, and this one was to die for. I am pretty sure I ate at least five of these during my stay. The only thing I could possibly complain about is their hours - the breakfast only runs until 9:00, so if you like to sleep in like we do it can be a little difficult to make it to breakfast on time. It is definitely worth setting an alarm for.

I did not make use of the 24 hour gallery menu, but it is wonderful that this location has food options around the clock. I did make use of the gallery once for coffee and dessert, and both were good.

All in all, this was a fantastic trip and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to people coming to Greensboro. I would even recommend it over the AAA four diamond property I used to work at in this area because the rooms are absolutely every bit as nice as the $200+ properties in town and this hotel has more amenities. It was a lovely experience and I will be back again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank calivianya
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We had last minute plans to attend a play in Greensboro on Saturday night. Went on line, got a great rate at this property and were very, very pleased. The location is convenient to so many restaurants, bars, malls and other areas of interest plus downtown and the coliseum. It was quiet, clean and very comfortable. We had a king size room that came with a separate sitting area, 52" TV, mini bar, desk and a comfortable sofa! The free breakfast on Sunday morning was very good served in a very pleasant area. Eggs and cheese on top of English muffin, assorted breads and pastry, fresh made oatmeal, mixed fruit and an wide variety of other selections. All in all, a good stay - I would for sure stay there again. OH! One other thing - everyone we dealt with was pleasant and nice.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the street rather than the interstate on a higher floor to assure it is quiet!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our 5th anniversary....we dined at Ruth's Chris and spent the night at the Hyatt....beautiful King room, complementary bottle of wine and truffles, well stocked room with toiletries , very clean and the staff was friendly and cordial. The breakfast was delicious!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2013

DO NOT chose this hotel if you want two beds and good service.
Picked this place because it had two bed rooms. Here’s what was booked “Double Room with Two Double Beds “. Guess what they gave us...a King.
Under Special Requests noted: “LATE check in -2 beds. away from elevator, upstairs please. I called, offered to pay advance (the way the booking was defined was pay at check in, but if we were a no show we would have had to pay 100%). I emailed the email address provided for contact on the booking.com confirmation – no response. Did someone else who wanted a King get two beds, did the hotel simply ignore the fact that a guest booked a 2 bed room and overbooked.

Room Tip: tips do no matter since the hotel does not care
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family