“Very lovely dining expierence”
Review of Print Works Bistro

Print Works Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Print Works Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Benjamin Parkway
Description: Our Greensboro restaurant is located adjacent to Proximity Hotel near Friendly Shopping Center. Enjoy fresh, local ingredients and creative comfort foods with traditional and modern versions of classic dishes popular in European and French Bistros. Seasonal menu with local food is accented with wonderful wine selection, many by the glass. Enjoy outdoor dining on the creekside Terrace, breakfast, weekend brunch, lunch and dinner. The lively bar open late every night with carefully crafted cocktails. Private group dining available. Live music every Wednesday night. Fine dining but casual dress. Daily specials.
Cary, North Carolina
“Very lovely dining expierence”
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Visited here twice during my stay at Proximity hotel. First, was cocktails and appetizers. The Pims#32 was a light and refreshing version of a pimm's cup. We also shared a flat bread pizza and truffled fries. Both were tasty. The total bill was quite reasonable. We returned the next morning for breakfast. The binets were a cream filled variation of the traditional Binet and the serving size was huge. The French toast was delightful and bacon cooked to a perfect combination of crispy and chewy. The ham an cheddar omlet was yummy, the white cheddar was sharp and created a nice contrast to the eggs. The atmosphere was very light, spacious, and airy; somehow relaxed, but upscale at the same time. Outside seating was available as well.

• Visited May 2013
Quaintance W, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
We are thrilled that you joined us twice when you stayed at the Proximity Hotel! What an honor! Thanks for the wonderful comments about your dining experience. We hope to see you on your next visit to Greensboro!

• Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
“Too Pricey!!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The food is above average but the price is way too expensive. The ambiance is pretty good with lots of well dressed 20 - 40 year old crowd. Some nights it is too loud to have an intimate conversation. The drinks are decent, but I would recommend Green Valley Grill, its sister restuarant.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank D P
Thanks for your comments.

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great music and awesome bartenders”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Modern chic bar with comfortable sitting. You may go outside on the patio that has lots of trees and comfortable seating and have dinner. Everything on the menu looked inviting.

Visited May 2013
Quaintance W, Manager at Print Works Bistro, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thanks for the kind comments, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
“I really want to love this bistro but...”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Ever since moving to GSO I knew printworks was a place I would like. American-French cuisine can be some of the most pleasurable food out there which such supple rich flavors that never disappoint. I've been here about 4-5 times and each time the visit leaves me wanting something more. What is it though? The wine list is phenomenal, every cocktail is fantastic, the service is amazing but...it's the food. It's always just...plain.

I've had the steak frites which was pretty good, the mussels which left me craving something more flavorful, the duck confit brunch scramble was good and the thanksgiving dinner was just okay. The truffle fries however are awesome.

The food is what keeps me coming back and I really really want to love this place. Looking over the menu as I write this makes me want to go back, it's a menu that reads like a great restaurant should but I just can't justify a $30 dinner on plain food.

To be fair, I'll give this place another shot and update the review. Like I said, I really want to love this place.

1 Thank John W
John, I am delighted that you are willing to give us another shot. Please call me at the restaurant, 336-379-0699 and I would love to hear about your experiences and make sure your next visit is fabulous!

North Carolina
“Feels special and different -- menu provides something new to try”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I think this is one of the neatest spots in town to eat. Pricing is really not that high considering how fancy it feels. I have only been able to eat outside a couple of times but the outside lounge area looks like a fun place to enjoy a drink and visit.

Of the half dozen or more times I have been here, the staff is always attentive and well informed. The food is delicious and you can find some unique vegetarian dishes. I like going here bc the menu is unlike what you will find other places, altho they do offer a hamburger etc for the less adventuresome parties in your group.

Visited May 2013
I am happy to hear how often you dine at our restaurant, what an honor! Thanks for all the compliments and we hope to see you soon.