“Real Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Greensboro East
Ranked #41 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Was the best customer service experience I have ever had! My daughter mistakenly left her stuffed lamb she has had since birth (10 yrs) in the hotel when we checked out. We did not realize he was left behind until bedtime that night (11:30 p.m.). We called the hotel and the gentleman at the front desk, Johnny, checked the room but FuFu was not there. The next morning another gentleman at the front desk, Jose, called us to let us know they were still looking for him and would call us with any updates. A few hours later we received a call that Fufu (this thing is pretty rough looking; we call it Frankenfufu) had been toss in the trash. Another gentleman, Felipe, went in after him and after some digging in the dumpter FuFu was recovered!! I can not express what this meant to a little girl (and her parents) that believe her best buddy might be gone. We are FOREVER grateful that great customer service is still alive at the Greensboro East Holiday Inn Express and Suites. - Christy V.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Christy V
PadamsGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Greensboro East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for your kind words, and we are so thankful that we were able to recover "Fufu" for you child. We are sore glad that you had a great experience with our hotel, staff, and service.
Look forward to seeing your family again in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

First, the good news. This hotel is conveniently located just off of I-40 (but not necessarily close to restaurants), was clean and comfortable. Even though the hotel is just off an I-40 exit, the road noise was minimal.

As others have said, the walls seem to be really thin. There were youth soccer teams staying at the hotel the same nights we were there, and unfortunately, they were quite loud -- including playing games in the hallway. Hotel staff did nothing to quieten then, even after midnight. As long as the air conditioner provided some "white noise" to somewhat dampen the noise, you can almost tolerate the rest. Unfortunately, the air conditioner cooled the room effectively enough that it didn't run constantly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank P-S W

Thank you for your gracious comments regarding your stay with us. I am glad the room was clean and comfortable, but do sincerely apoligize for the noise from the sports teams that were also in the hotel. Sometimes it is difficult to control groups of that size when the people in charge of them do not cooperate. We hope you will visit us again and experience our best customer service, and comfort of your room.
Thanks again for your review, as this helps us better serve our guests in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Was driving into Greensboro for a business Meeting Last Sunday, Came across your hotel on I-85 \pulled in between 8-9pm. Very Nice Hotel Clean Rooms, The bed was wonderful. Best night sleep I have had in awhile. Breakfast next morning was a surprise, Omelets, Cinnamon Rolls, Gravy so much to chose from, don't usually eat all that, but I did, and it held me over next morning during my meeting. Was greeted next morning with a lady @ the front desk with a smile, and asked if she could make another reservation for me. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any one on business, and families traveling thru. Thank you for a wonderful stay with the Holiday Inn family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with our Holiday Inn Express & Suites while in this area for a business meeting. Glad we were conveniently located and that you enjoyed our variety on our breakfast. I am glad our front desk staff was friendly & professional in assisting you with future reservations with one of our IHG hotels.
Thanks again for your kind words, as this helps us better serve our guests in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Was Here for one night, Greeted as a Priority Club Member at check in. always Love that.
I travel about 4 nights a week. Had to stay a little past normal check out time, Hotel staff was very accommodating and helpful, Very Knowledgeable of near by restaurants as well. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for great customer service, Thanks to the Staff that helped me during my stay. I always feel like I'm at home when at this hotel. I Will continue to keep coming back again and again.

Room Tip: I'm a light sleeper A Two Queen bed is always the choice for me, faces away from the highway,
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PAULMAD0110
PadamsGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Greensboro East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We thank you for being a loyal Priority Club Member.....soon to become our new "IHG REWARDS CLUB". We are excited that you felt at home with us, and that our staff was most accommodating.
We look forward to you visiting with us again in the future.

PadamsGM

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I brought a group of 28 women to stay overnight one night to attend a conference & we were all so impressed with the service, the cleanliness, breakfast, and friendly & efficient staff. I would definitely bring a group here again & highly recommend this hotel! Great location off of highway & if you are attending a conference or function at the arena!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank reneet449

Renee, thank you for bringing your group of ladies to our hotel for the conference at our Coliseum. Your kind words regarding our staff and cleanliness of the hotel are most appreciated.
We look forward to your next visit with us in Greensboro, and pleased you found the location suitable for your needs.

PadamsGM

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I had to stay here two nights. Check in was speedy, and the clerk was friendly. I was recognized as a priority club member with a little bag of goodies. My king suite was very nice and clean. Parking lot is trailer friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carl C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Greensboro East, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear Carl C,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and writing us feedback. I am happy to know that you had a good experience upon check in and found our room accommodations to be clean. It is hugely motivating to receive feedback from guests like you as this enables us to further better our services.

Again, many thanks for the candid review and we hope to host you again soon!

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Location easy. Hotel is clean and my room was clean. Check in was fast and very friendly staff. The location is close to downtown. less traffic.. I would recommend staying for a quite night stay. The parking was easy. all no smoking which is great. The room had a great heating unit. very quite.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Roadwarrior3114
PadamsGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Greensboro East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for your stay with us and for your nice generous comments regarding location, and conditioni of our property.
We hope to see you again soon.

P.Adams