“Good stay”

Comfort Suites Greensboro
Ranked #44 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is a very good hotel for the price. There is nothing fancy about it but it served our needs. I would definitely use it again. Pet friendly, clean, well lit, good parking, easily accessible from the main highway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gary w

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The general manager was rude and unprofessional. She exhibited no guest skills whatsoever. She should follow the lead the breakfast attendant, who was superb. The hotel entrance is poor, having to drive through a lesser property to access it... poor curb appeal.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sok_8
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Booked this stay on line and when we arrived we learned we were in room 215 right beside the elevator. We asked to be located somewhere else not so close to the noisy elevator and were told we could not move because we booked on line and got the "special internet rate". I was not aware of this restriction when I booked.......so much for being on of their Choice Privileges members....(the front desk girl acknowledged we were choice privileges members). We had been loyal supporters of Marriott and its Marriott Rewards for many years and switched to Comfort Inns group because of their pricing. We were never refused a room change at a Marriott and have been Marriott Rewards members for many years. Other than that, the hotel was clean, well located, had a good breakfast included and the room was comfortable. But their refusal to let us move to an quieter location didn't impress me at all. Next time I will look for a Marriott property for my stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beachbumzzzz
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We arrived for an overnight stay prior to Christmas. The room was very clean, spacious, with very comfortable beds (we are a family of 6). The toilet was very loud. Front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. Breakfast area was very clean and contained the usual free hot breakfast. Our only wish is that breakfast would include real eggs.

Room Tip: We selected a room with a pull out bed to accommodate our large family.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve_in_Greenwich
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The stay here was just for 1-night on a Wednesday on my way to another destination. Was greeted by extremely friendly front desk clerk and the lobby decorated for Halloween. Check-in went well and the room was visibly clean and my wife and I were ready to unpack. As another reviewer mentioned, there was a "Manager's Reception" going on when we got there. Free soda, cheese, crackers, meatballs, and pizza. My only room complaint was that the beds are up on a platform which made sitting on the edge uncomfortable. Beds, linens,and towels all clean. Property is fairly new and as others mentioned does not have it's own entrance but plenty of signs out on the road. Continental breakfast was one of the frozen cheese omelettes sitting in the pan but they did have meat (sausage to go with it) so I was ok with it. Traditional other breakfast stuff. Bed was comfortable and no noise was heard from other rooms. Location was good. Definitely would come back.

Aside comment and not my experience, we were on the elevator with a child and mom and the child was talking about mold in the ice machine on the third floor. The woman explained that she loved the hotel and came back just stayed on another floor.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I checked into the hotel Friday night after a long day of traveling! I was greeted by a lobby that was so packed it took time to squeeze our way thru to the lobby desk. I was checked in by JESSICA, the shift supervisor, who acted as if she was irritated she had to stop mingling with lobby customers to check us in!
I came with a printout of my reservation that showed the room was 109.99 a night for a 2 day total of 219.98 +28.05 tax=248.03. I gave her my choice rewards credit card with no charges on it. She ran it and told me it had been denied?? I asked her if I could call the CC Company, JESSICA told me that she had a lot of people to deal with and could i use another card that she would put in just to have on file. I handed her my bank card and said “I can NOT have the charge put on this card!!! If I give it to you can I pay with my Choice rewards card when we check out? JESSICA said ABSOLUTELY we will NOT charge this card; it’s just to have on file till you check out!
I went to the room and immediately called the credit card company. The reason the card did not go thru was because it has a $250 limit, she tried to push thru a 272.28 charge over the amount! We had to run out so I decided to deal with it at check out!
Sunday we woke early, 5am, so we could get ready and check out before going to final meeting. When I turned on light I found the bill under the door saying that my credit card on file had been charged 250.28. I hurried to the desk!! The girl there said she could remove the charge to bank card and put on choice card as I had originally asked. She charged my Barclay card another different amount, this time 248.02?? After she charged the card she told me that my bank card would still have a hold on it for 45days for 272.28. I tried to call customer service but it was too early! I waited till the shift supervisor started which happened to be JESSICA again! JESSICA was so RUDE and NOT PROFESSIONAL!!! JESSICA told me there was no way to remove the double charge and I could wait for general manager but she would tell me same thing! She said “good luck with that!” at this point my 2 night stay has cost me over $500.
I stay at choice hotels every time we travel! This is the first time I have every encountered such a horrible, disrespectful, untrained staff!! Please have a talk with them! I also believe they did not give me full choice reward points!
We went to Cambria suites Sunday night at RDU! Wonderful staff well maintained hotel, quiet room, everything was exceptional.
This Friday I will be at the Extended Suburban Stay hotel, in Cedar Rapids IA, I have been there before and never have a complaint!
The staff and quality of Comfort Suites, Greensboro was disgusting and a disgrace to your hotel chain. I am a very busy person but had to take the time to complain about this!
Did I mention I did not even eat the breakfast at the hotel...Very dirty! Place was a mess! The hotel was a nonstop party! We had to keep the TV on to not hear the party that went on all night next door. The hotel staff couldn’t care less! Every time we told them something they looked like we were interrupting them then they shrugged us off and continued with what they were doing!
I am an 11 year widowed mother of 3 boys! Every penny counts! Now I have almost $300 on hold with my bank account and my Choice rewards card maxed with a stay coming up this weekend that I may have to cancel because of the mistakes The Comfort Suites of Greensboro made last weekend!
Did I mention at the end of street is the topless dance club! Not a place for families, stay someplace else!
Very disappointed first time complainer
Patrice M

Room Tip: To choose a good room?? Stay at one of the nice hotels in same area!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Patrice M
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I travel a lot both nationally and internationally, mostly for work. So, when I have a chance to "just be" and visit my home state and family I want a really nice hotel with a great room and good service. First let me say the front desk staff was very accommodating. We arrived dog tired around 11:00 pm. Check-in was a breeze, but the site I booked on made an error with the room. We were tired and stayed in that room the first night, but no problem when the manager came in first thing the next morning, I called down and she resolved it in quick time with a smile. By the way we stayed in the hotel a week.

The thing that made this stay even more important was the fact that my friend from Fiji, who had never visited the states was traveling with me. I wanted her first exposure to state side hospitality to be exceptional and it was. She loved the fresh fruit and boiled eggs on the breakfast bar; we got to be experts at hot waffle making. Try the cinnamon batter and then put yogurt and thin sliced bananas on top, yummy! My friend previously managed a restaurant at a 5-star resort in Fiji and American Samoa. She was very impressed with the cleanliness and spacious comfort of the dinning area. The breakfast room server was lovely, we laughed and talked about our kids. I was surprised when I found out she had visited St.Thomas, VI, (my home) on a cruise. I told her to be sure to let me know the next time she planned to visit so I could return the hospitality.

Finally, the room was great, it definitely met expectations, actually it was much nicer than rooms at some high end 4 and 5 star hotels I have stayed in. The suites are a good size and two women shopping everyday need space! The entire campus is non-smoking; the facility looks brand new. There is not a stain, paint peel, dent or dingy spot on anything. Maybe they don't have china and silverware, but I am OK with that. Besides you can get that at any of the more than two dozen good restaurants a block away, or bring it back to your room where your can store leftovers in the generous sized refrigerator then heat them in the microwave. I am headed back to NC this weekend for a speaking engagement. Want to guess where I am staying?

Room Tip: There a two size queen suited opt for the larger one at about $10 more per night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
gm_nc485, Manager at Comfort Suites Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Comfort Suites Four Seasons in Greensboro, NC.

Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. It is our goal to provide only the highest level of customer service and accommodations for all of our guests.

I have reviewed your comments; we are pleased with the positive feedback and would like to take this opportunity to extend our gratitude to you for choosing our hotel to meet your lodging needs.
We value your business and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Have a wonderful day!