“Room for improvement”

Comfort Suites Greensboro
Ranked #42 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

It was late and we were tired. I found an exit with lots of properties so we were sure to find something. It took 4 stops to find a non-smoking king. The room was serviceable and breakfast was decent. But that's all this place is, decent. This is obviously a high end area, lots of business travelers with expense accounts. If I had a choice, there are several places I would go to first.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

this hotel has the MOST comfortable bed I have ever sleep on!!!! It was the so comfortable, I did'nt want to get out of. I felt safe leaving my car in the parking lot. the breakfast greeter Ms Shirley is the best, keeps the food hot and fresh, I can't forget to mention Derick the desk clerk, great customer service.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is a very good hotel for the price. There is nothing fancy about it but it served our needs. I would definitely use it again. Pet friendly, clean, well lit, good parking, easily accessible from the main highway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gary w
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The general manager was rude and unprofessional. She exhibited no guest skills whatsoever. She should follow the lead the breakfast attendant, who was superb. The hotel entrance is poor, having to drive through a lesser property to access it... poor curb appeal.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sok_8
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Booked this stay on line and when we arrived we learned we were in room 215 right beside the elevator. We asked to be located somewhere else not so close to the noisy elevator and were told we could not move because we booked on line and got the "special internet rate". I was not aware of this restriction when I booked.......so much for being on of their Choice Privileges members....(the front desk girl acknowledged we were choice privileges members). We had been loyal supporters of Marriott and its Marriott Rewards for many years and switched to Comfort Inns group because of their pricing. We were never refused a room change at a Marriott and have been Marriott Rewards members for many years. Other than that, the hotel was clean, well located, had a good breakfast included and the room was comfortable. But their refusal to let us move to an quieter location didn't impress me at all. Next time I will look for a Marriott property for my stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beachbumzzzz
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We arrived for an overnight stay prior to Christmas. The room was very clean, spacious, with very comfortable beds (we are a family of 6). The toilet was very loud. Front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. Breakfast area was very clean and contained the usual free hot breakfast. Our only wish is that breakfast would include real eggs.

Room Tip: We selected a room with a pull out bed to accommodate our large family.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve_in_Greenwich
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The stay here was just for 1-night on a Wednesday on my way to another destination. Was greeted by extremely friendly front desk clerk and the lobby decorated for Halloween. Check-in went well and the room was visibly clean and my wife and I were ready to unpack. As another reviewer mentioned, there was a "Manager's Reception" going on when we got there. Free soda, cheese, crackers, meatballs, and pizza. My only room complaint was that the beds are up on a platform which made sitting on the edge uncomfortable. Beds, linens,and towels all clean. Property is fairly new and as others mentioned does not have it's own entrance but plenty of signs out on the road. Continental breakfast was one of the frozen cheese omelettes sitting in the pan but they did have meat (sausage to go with it) so I was ok with it. Traditional other breakfast stuff. Bed was comfortable and no noise was heard from other rooms. Location was good. Definitely would come back.

Aside comment and not my experience, we were on the elevator with a child and mom and the child was talking about mold in the ice machine on the third floor. The woman explained that she loved the hotel and came back just stayed on another floor.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple