“Fabulous and Pet Friendly!”
Review of The Groome Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greensboro
The Groome Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Greensboro B&B and Inns
St. George Island, FL
“Fabulous and Pet Friendly!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The Groome Inn is a true treasure. It is a comfortable, updated farmhouse out in the country -- but amazingly close to I-85. Innkeeper Jimmie Groome is a delightful hostess, with wonderful stories about the Groome family and life in North Carolina's tobacco country. The rooms are lovely, with modern baths, and the grounds and gardens are beautiful. Our two dogs loved exploring with Jimmie's dachshund, Miss Lela. Breakfast was delicious -- best French toast ever!

Room Tip: We loved the McIver Room, with its fabulous bath!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Terry K

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Freeport, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We recently had the PLEASURE – and I do mean PLEASURE! – to stay with Jimmie at The Groome Inn during a 4-day visit to see our kids and grandkids in the Greensboro area!

From the moment we arrived, Jimmie made us feel like we were re-uniting with a friend we hadn’t seen in ages. She gave us a tour of this splendid plantation home with her family history. It is clearly evident how this house has been so lovingly restored and remodeled. The kitchen is to-die-for gorgeous and the Breakfast Sunroom is so beautiful with the morning sun streaming in thru the windows. Jimmie encouraged us to enjoy the quiet reading areas in the other (vacant) rooms and along the wrap-around porch. The view of the grounds and garden are spectacular from every window of the house. Every bit of bedding and towels are first class with antique furniture mixed in to make the whole experience so delightful!

We stayed in “The Melver Room”, which is a very large room and we enjoyed a totally comfortable king bed with very soft sheets. The bathroom has a magnificent shower and lots of hot water. The Internet in our room worked just as easily as Jimmie’s technical explanation: “Turn on your computer – and it’s there.” It was!

Jimmie did everything possible to make my husband and me as comfortable as we would be at home. She cooked great breakfasts – and my hubby made a pig of himself – to Jimmie’s delight! She showed us how to work the very simple (yet sophisticated) coffee machine which gave us delicious coffee day and night. Jimmie provided sodas and bottles of water, but she went out of her way to provide a glass of wine for me every night and a fresh wine glass too!

I was delighted that Jimmie and I shared our love of cookbooks! She gave me three to take home as a gift – and two Southern treats – Cherry preserves and fried apples in a can! (I’ve checked – they’re not available where we live in Florida’s panhandle!) What a treat!!

On our morning walks, we were accompanied by – or I should say “Guided” by “Leela”, Jimmie’s adorable miniature long-haired dachshund! (I wanted to take her home with us!) Leela is the cutest little dog, but she has a “perception problem”. She thinks she’s 10 feet tall and capable of climbing into the gigantic white oak trees surrounding the Groome Inn and jumping onto any house’s roof to chase a squirrel! She’s never successful, but she sure tries!

We can’t wait to visit Jimmie (and Leela) again at the Groome Inn. Like it says in their brochure – ”Make yourself at home!”

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CushyCouple
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I recently got married at The Groome Inn. I love Jimmi, the owner! She did everything to make us feel comfortable, and everything turned out perfectly. I LOVED the honeymoon suite. I can't wait to get back there for our anniversary! By the way, Jimmi makes the most wonderful french toast I have ever had, make sure to ask for it for breakfast!

Room Tip: Splurge for the honeymoon suite. It has a bathroom to DIE for, with a whirlpool tub and a giant show...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JLG0521
Clarkesville, Georgia
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Great B & B for a wedding or romantic weekend. The guest self-service area is stocked with beer, wine, snacks coffee - EVERYTHING! Grounds are well kept and very large. They will do ANYTHING you ask them to there!

Room Tip: Room #1 has a fantastic king bed and huge shower
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple