“Beautiful, fairly new, and great location!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensboro Airport
Ranked #23 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
South Fork, Colorado
“Beautiful, fairly new, and great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

My husband and I moved from Greensboro back to my home state of Colorado a few years ago. We renovated and painted our home before putting it on the market and cleaned it from stem to stern. All our furniture was packed up and moved out a couple of days before we finished work on the house thus leaving us with no place to sleep. So, we got a hotel near where we lived and decided on this location.

It was new when we stayed there and the place was spotless! Gorgeous entry and greeted by two of the friendliest young ladies on the planet! When we walked in with our little dog, Harley Davidson, they both went crazy over her. :) It happens all the time! LOL You could smell the fresh coffee in the common area when we walked in the door. The rates were pretty reasonable, especially since we didn't want a low-grade motel to spend the last couple of nights in that beautiful city. Plus, working so hard on our house left us exhausted, hot, filthy, and in need of a good, hot shower and comfortable bed. We got just what we needed at this location.

There are some good eating spots nearby ranging from Ruby Tuesday's and similar restaurants to Bojangle's fast food. While it is just off I-40 and a busy highway between Greensboro and High Point, the hotel is built with noise levels in mind. We only heard outside traffic when we opened the window! The room was gorgeous! The decor was so warm and inviting. When we got to the room, we found there were no ash trays and I thought I had booked a smoking room. The front desk said they had already booked their only smoking rooms, but made an exception due to our circumstances. They could see we were exhausted and knew we were local folks. I'm sure they don't do that on a regular basis, so they went above and beyond to meet our needs. Thankfully, the smoking thing isn't a problem any longer, because my husband finally quit after forty years! Yea! Sorry...I'm a bit excited about that! :)

I highly recommend this location and would stay here again in a heartbeat should our travels ever take us back to the city that still holds my heart...Greensboro, North Carolina. <3

Room Tip: If you are hungry and want some excellent local barbecue, just up the road you will find a place cal...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PearmanCasa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

My wife, teenage daughter and I stayed here one night recently as we were in town for one of our daughter's volleyball tournaments. The place was almost exactly what I expected-- no surprises, which is a good thing! The price was competitive for the area and hotel class. Our room was clean and comfortable with adequate room for the three of us with two queens. The room had a small refrigerator and coffee maker, with a flat screen TV. The shower was a regular shower, not one inside of a bath tub. The staff were friendly and helpful. I did get awoken around 5:00 a.m. by two guests in the hall, but that's not the hotel's fault, unless you claim the doors could be a little more soundproof.

The breakfast was also what you might expect or perhaps a little better. It did have a good variety of hot and cold items (small cheese omelets, biscuits with gravy, sausage patties, fruit, cereal, hot cinnamon roles, coffee, milk, juices). The breakfast staff went out of their way to see if you had everything you wanted and took the dirty plates soon after we had finished. I'd say he went above and beyond!

There is a restaurant adjacent to the property called Fatz, which was good. It reminded me of a Ruby Tuesdays. There were some other fast food places adjacent to the property behind the hotel, like a Subway, a pizza place and a Bojangles.

The pool was not anything to write home about. It would satisfy small children though. I did not use the workout room, but it looked like it had plenty of equipment to meet demand.

I'd consider staying here again as long as the price is right.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DrOfBytes
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Last week was another week of class for me and it is always with some trepidation that I arrive at the selected hotel and HOPE that it will be able to provide the type of atmosphere that will help me get maximum benefit from the class; a good night's sleep, a quiet environment, friendly staff, good air-conditioning, plenty of light to study by, a frig and microwave, simple and free WiFi, and PLENTY of work space to spread out the books and materials. Well, in the case of this HI Express, they provided ALL of that and more!

The fact that the hotel was like two minutes from the Deep River Event Center and five minutes from a gazillion restaurants didn't hurt either. And since I have a weirdo diet and mostly eat in my room, the fact that there is a Harris-Teeter grocery store eight minutes down the road was a real bonus.

The hotel was VERY clean and the staff went out of their way to clean my room before I returned back for lunch hour which was really a treat. And I cannot forget to mention the bonus received on the second day of the stay....a brand new office chair delivered to the room (I'm not special, they were changing them all out, but it was still a perk in my mind.)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jsheiry
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Everything about the hotel is OK. The only downsides are no decent restaurants within reach. It is close to the airport. Its a good hotel. No frills. Basic. But the rooms are nice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Maryland USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

I was a little nervous when I checked the property on Tripadvisor and all they had was a photo of a pool but I can assure you this is a modern, built from the ground up, HIE.
Stayed on a Friday evening, place was quiet. I did have a rent a car to drop off in the AM at GSO. Yes the hotel is not really near the airport. It is right off Route 40 then you have to drive about 5 miles to the airport. Stayed on 2nd floor. The outside of the floor appeared to have just been re-done. New carpet and wallcovering. Smelled nice.
Room was clean, up to date and had a nice work desk area. LCD TV as well. FATZ restaurant
is right across the parking lot. They do take out or eat in of course. Ruby Tuesday and several FF places close too. Did not stay for breakfast. It's winter but the pool area did look nice and kids would enjoy it I am sure! Would stay again.

Room Tip: 2bd floor just re-done
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

I have no complaint about this hotel but I didn't like to eat my breakfast with plastic knife and fork.. It's like having picnic in closed place. Also they need improve receptionist service. No one smile.. When I ask them to call for me a taxi, he told me that he can give me the taxi cab number!!! Also If you don't have a car, you can not move anywhere. I have seen much more better Holiday Inns in Shanghai, Dubai, Cape Town and more.. But this one is really average.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank FeridunFikriBayar
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

The hotel itself is very nice. It's a relatively new property (two years old, I'm told) and the rooms are spacious, clean, and quiet (there's an occasional airplane or two as you're close to the airport, but there's not a lot of flight traffic).

However, be advised that it's impossible to get a cab to come to this location for anything less than $15 -- even if you want to go to a restaurant one mile down the street. Despite the fact that there's an airport shuttle from this hotel, you really do need a vehicle if you're in this location.

Room Tip: Choose something that ends in "01"....you're at the end of the hall, away from the ele...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business