“Great stay for an overnight trip”

Courtyard Greensboro Airport
Ranked #33 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Dallas, Texas
“Great stay for an overnight trip”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was the perfect place for me to stay for my overnight furniture shopping trip to High Point. The staff was courteous, professional, and very friendly and helpful at every turn. The location was great, close to the airport, a variety of places to eat and 20 mins or less from all my shopping (furniture) The hotel was clean and very accessible. After driving to various destination in High Point and the surrounding areas I realized I was very close to everything. I would highly recommend this hotel, I will be staying there again when I make my next trip to High Point to redo my gameroom and media room. For price, location, accessibility, courteous staff, free WiFi (and printing boarding passes), this Courtyard by Marriott can’t be beat. I’ll be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Willie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Staff are very attentive and helpful (front desk, bar, cleaning staff, they all do their best to help you). I had a king bed room on the second floor, next to the stairs and that was perfect for me. It was very quiet as it was adjacent to the stairs and no noise from the lift. The room was clean when I arrived and I didn't see any signs of mould in the shower like other people. My room window was at the front of the hotel and I could hear the planes at the airport. It was not noisy enough to keep me awake, but the noise was there.
The only two things I didn't really like about this hotel were: no buffet for breakfast, but they have a bar where you can order fresh breakfast; it's a shame that it only has an indoor swimming pool, as the weather was nice I would have loved to sit outside by the pool.
All in all a good hotel: clean, not expensive and with very helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Marriott Courtyard hotel brand is something the business traveler can depend on due to its consistently good service and accommodations. The Courtyard at Greensboro Airport is a clean, nicely appointed hotel that has all of the conveniences you would expect from a Courtyard. The staff are professional and courteous, the rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel has a bistro that has a limited but decent menu. Overall a good pick for someone on the go and not needing any travel surprises.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is great. Very nice and clean and smells good. I stayed in room 418 it was very impressive. I recommend this hotel if you re in the Greensboro/ High Point NC area!!!!!!!! Great location right toff the freeway and surrounded my many restaurants and business and near the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Edward P, General Manager at Courtyard Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you so much for the kind review. Our staff works very hard every day to exceed our guest expectations. I have been the GM here for almost 2 years and love coming to work. I will pass your comments on in the next staff meeting, its always a pleasure to know we are doing things right. Thank you and we hope you be back with us again soon.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Bathroom was not clean to my standards. The tile had mold and the wallpaper was falling off the wall in the bathroom. Then again they actually had wallpaper above the tile in the shower. Kinda different. The rooms were fairly modern and overall not bad, but blankets felt cheap as did the towels.

Breakfast is NOT included. It is a small restaurant. Everything is frozen. The french toast was a 2 out of 10. Disgusting. But they got another $11.26 out of me. Parking is fair. Lobby is nice/clean and big.

It just is missing the touches of most Courtyards IMO. I will not stay here again. I will stay at the Hilton and pay a little more next time. The fridge is one of those stupid Marriott kinds that only cools for 2 hours at a time.. and it was LOUD.

Price on Priceline w/Tax was $180 for 2 nights (Friday/Saturday).

Someone here needs to take lessons on how to clean and do those finishing touches.

Service was good. Service was NOT the problem. Just unclean bathroom and frozen food.

Room Tip: No problems with the room location.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank greg_gets_off_rd
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, I do apologize we did not meet all of your expectations. I will be addressing your bathroom concerns with our housekeeping and maintenece teams. We are in the process of re-grouting all of our showers and this is an ongoing process. Our Bistro and Starbucks area do offer many products most being made to order but we do have some offerings that are premade. Courtyard tries very hard to be consistent in all properties and the Bistro concept is our standard. I am sorry that it did not meet your expectations. We learn from our guests everyday and I will pass your comments on.

I hope you did enjoy the rest of your stay and your time in Greensboro. If I may be of any assitence please feel free to contact me directly at 336-541-7101.
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2014

As a Marriott Rewards member naturally a Marriott brand is my first choice; not, however, at the expense of comfort or service. I found both at this hotel. Plenty of amenities for a limited service property and the staff is welcoming, friendly and accommodating. Great location too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Edward P, Manager at Courtyard Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking time to write a review for us. I am glad that you found our staff friendly and helpful. We try everyday to exceed our guest's expectations. I hope that you enjoyed your time in our great city and hope that if you are back in the area you will again choose us
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stay away from this hotel at all costs; it is toxic!

I am a Marriott Platinum Elite member, so I have stayed at a few Marriott’s. This is the worst Marriott on the planet. I stayed here more than 75 nights last year. So far this year I have been here more than 30 nights, but last night was it for me. There were two slices of pizza in the fridge that were moldy and had to have been there for at least a week. The sheets appear not to have been changed as they were wrinkled and covered with long black hair. The conditioner bottle was half empty. The shower caulking was completely covered with mold. I complained about this to the manager last year as most of the rooms have mold. I have allergies and it is just plain gross. He told me they would be taking care of the issue in the first quarter of 2014. Well, it is almost May now.

You don’t feel like you are at a Marriott when you are here, more like an Econo Lodge, only dirtier. I will now stay at the new Hilton Home 2 Suites hotel across the parking lot.

Room Tip: Rooms at the hotel across the street are nicer and cheaper
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank xlmc11
Edward P, General Manager at Courtyard Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We do apologize for not meeting your expectations. Our team works very hard every day to make sure that our guests have the best possible stay. I will be sharing your comments with our housekeeping and maintenece teams who have been working on the grout and chalking issue. We do take rooms out each week for deep cleaning and grout replacement and this process is ongoing to insure that we meet and exceed our guests expectations.

We hope in the future we may again meet and exceed your expectations.