“Small on the outside-large on thr inside”
Review of Cafe Pasta

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Golden Gate
Reviewed 30 March 2014

A group from work went for lunch to celebrate a co-workers birthday. Everyone was highly pleased with the service and the food. The food was excellent and the portions were large. Everyone was happy. We will be back.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I used to go there for busuness lunch and dinner and it was nice and served very good pastas.
However, one of the day I went there with my VIP guests, the plates served to my guest were far worse than the one "acceptable." It is not the quality cooked by a professional.
I will never come back to the reastaurant again.

1  Thank TakashiNMB
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere was dated!!! The manger was rude!!! The food was terrible! My dad got the chicken Marsala, it came with Gemili pasta, not angel hair, it had the Marsala sauce wasn't cooked all the way so it wasn't edible!! Then my mom got the steak, how easy can it be to make steak right!! We'll they can't, it was burnt, not to flavorful and they used BBQ sauce, it came with Brussels sprouts it was nasty they were also burnt, and she got some weird fried zucchini ball thingys that were under cooked! I got the tortellini I mean how can u screw this up right!! We'll they turned the Alfredo sauce to basically a pepper sauce with rosemary, and it tasted nasty, then they gave me ten tortellini not enough and they were frozen not homemade!! Don't waste your time or money!! Even a cheap little pizzerias taste better than that!!! Oh and we got the soups also it tasted terrible worse than a can!!
Chef boyardee tastes better!! Oh we ended having to get a pizza later that night because we left hungry angry and discussed!! Do not go their!!! Oh and on the way out the waiter gave us a card and rushed us out said fill it out!! Great right, not!!
DO NOT GO THIER!!

2  Thank Jessjesy
Reviewed 27 January 2014

After hearing a lot about this place from friends and reading great reviews of this place I went with four friends this past weekend. It’s a lot bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside. The interior does not match the exterior. I’m split on the interior though. While it looks outdated with the 80s/90s Miami Vice vibe, I like it and think it works. It has multiple levels of seating which helps with privacy and noise control. There was a live acoustic guitar performance which added to the dining experience. The waiter suggested the Salsiccia entree as it was his favorite. We all ordered a different dish. I ordered the Herb Roasted Chicken Breast (with a side Caesar salad and green beans) while my party ordered the Salsiccia, Marsala, and Tortellini Alfredo. We sampled each other’s entrees and they were average at best. My Herb Roasted Chicken Breast consisted of two small breasts that looked like chicken nuggets and what appeared to be an entire can of green beans. One friend only took several bites of her Marsala and didn’t want to finish it. Lucky and thankfully the manager did not charge her for the meal. Another friend only ate half of his Tortellini and didn’t option to take the rest home. The Salsiccia had the most flavor out of the all the entrees but I’m not sure if that’s saying much.

I wanted to like this place a lot because of what I had heard and read. While we didn’t have a bad dining experience at Cafe Pasta it might be a while before we journey up to that side of town again.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Joined a friend for lunch. We were very rushed for time, and the manager responded directly, hastening our food from the kitchen. I had a lovely grilled vegetable wrap. I was astonished at the variety of expertly grilled fresh vegetables that were presented, along with a nicely balanced sauce. It was a delight! The atmosphere had a nice eclectic feel, with high ceilings and pretty hanging lights. I will return again! Thank you so much!