“Best Pizza in greensboro”
Review of Sticks and Stones

Sticks and Stones
Ranked #8 of 916 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 8 July 2013

not only is this the best pizza to be had in greensboro, they like to support locally grown producers! consistent and delicious. highly recommend!

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We were a large group of 18 (12 children ages 10-14, 6 adults). They quickly and happily accommodated us. The atmosphere is relaxed and fun. The food was delicious! Service phenomenal! Salad, pizza and dessert; the perfect meal. Traveled from pittsburgh for a soccer tournament and will definitely visit again if in the area.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff make the pizza and beer here taste better. The woodfired stone oven cooked the pizza nicely and the better than average selection of craft beer will bring me back every time. Reasonable prices also help.

1  Thank kcsomeshine
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I came here with a large group of friends (about 10 people), and we were immediately taken care of. We were seated quickly, and the waiter easily took care of us. We had amazing service and the food was so delicious! Loved the experience and will definitely be back!

Reviewed 20 June 2013

As an idea, I love Sticks and Stones' pizza. Fire-hot brick oven, locally raised products placed on the pie, and great flavor combinations and profiles. However, the large pizza has been soggy in the middle during our last three or four visits. It hasn't been a soggy in a few small spots. It has been soggy to the point if you tried to pick up a slice, it would fold down at the midway point of the slice and everything would slide off the front of the pizza. I usually have to fold it, NY style, or eat it with a knife and a fork.

Sticks and Stones pizza is fine from the crust to the midway point of the pie, but the middle 35, 40-percent of the pie is soggy and limp. It should not be that difficult to cook the entire bottom of the crust on a thin-crust pizza in a wood-burning, brick oven. I've had tried pizza in several different parts of the country and in Italy, and I can attest - the entire bottom of a crust CAN BE properly cooked.

As much as I like the quality of the ingredients and the topping combinations, I don't think I will continue to drop $20-plus on a large pizza that is nearly half limp and soggy.

As for some of Sticks and Stones other menu items - the appetizers, salads and especially the sandwiches have been fantastic. The last sandwich I had was a braised beef sandwich and it was a complete home run.