“Decent for the price but would not recommend”

Comfort Inn Greensboro
Ranked #17 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed here for a conference that I attended in Greensboro. Almost every other hotel in Greensboro was completely booked and I got this room by booking on Priceline. My winning bid was for $58 and I booked two days in advance. The hotel smells clean in that it smells like cleaning chemicals but after a while that nice clean smell becomes a bit overpowering. We got the standard double bed room through Priceline and one of the beds in the room was broken so the bed sank considerably. The comforter had a cigarette hole burned into the top and the sheets had a hole in them.The room did include a microwave and refrigerator which was nice. For the price I got what I expected and would have been satisfied with my stay if the other hotel patrons had not been so loud. I am a heavy sleeper but the activity going on across the hall from my room woke me up several times. The other people on the hall slammed doors, screamed, and hung out in the hallway pretty late. The front hotel staff was very helpful in coming up when I called the front desk around midnight. There was also a strong smell of marijuana coming from one end of the hall on my floor. The breakfast was good for a free breakfast - Jimmy Dean heat up biscuits, juices, boiled eggs, cereal, etc.

For the price it was a decent place to crash for a night but I will not be returning to this brand of hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
CNHotels, Manager at Comfort Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for providing an honest assessment of your stay at the hotel even as difficult as it was to read and review. Your comments provided several opportunities for our staff to measure compared to the level we seek to aspire. It does not matter what the rate is as we strive to provide a quality product along with customer service designed to provide extraordinary results. Since your visit, we have begun property enhancements including but not limited to additional bedding, enhanced breakfast, plans to order carpet and plans to upgrade the level of our case goods. We are pleased to provide the necessary upgrades to serve as an example of quality without deviation.

Once again, thank you for your review and opportunity to provide improvements moving forward.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2013

We had to stop unexpectedly in Greensboro. The hotel was good although a little hard to find. Room was OK. Receptacles in base of lamps which was a nice touch, but some of the receptacles were broken. We've seen this at other Comfort Inns - it's nice not having to search the room for a receptacle. Breakfast was great - Jimmy Dean sausage sandwiches were a pleasant surprise. Overall a good value - not great but good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

The challenge after reviewing your comments are the necessary steps to go from Good to Great as Jim Collins said in his book. The effort, planing, and execution are a critical part of ensuring continued improvement in our performance moving forward. Thank you for the reminder to remain focused towards that objective.

Thank you for your comments and challenge.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I attended a bridal shower in Greensboro in May and it was graduation weekend. Luckily I got a good rate booking last minute through LMT.com and got a King suite. Staff was courteous, room clean and comfy, breakfast was good....even noticed some Jimmy Dean sausage /egg biscuits in the mini fridge with the boiled eggs and yogurt. On June 1st I booked this property directly to attend another shower with my husband. Again it did not disappoint. The location was great for our events in Jamestown and Greensboro.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Can we try for a Third Time as it is usually a charm?

Thank you for your kind words to describe your visit to the hotel. We were glad that everything worked out well for you and appreciative to have been a part. Our hope is to provide the necessary ambiance to further engage a positive experience. It is always satisfying to be reminded that our efforts have helped to shape a profound result.

Thank you so much for your business. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed 2 nights for a conference I was attending. Hotel was immaculate--from the entrance to my room! It looks like it was recently updated. Smelled fresh! Nice location to restaurants and 5 minutes to my meeting place.

Front desk personnel very accomodating. When I checked out I asked if I could leave my car there while I carpooled w/someone else to the Greensboro Coliseum. They let me do that. That was very convenient!

My supervisor travels extensively. I booked her a room at this hotel sight unseen. So, I was little leary b/c other Comfort Inns have been just so/so. I was so glad to be able to give her a glowing review of this property.

Only "complaint?" No bananas at the breakfast area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LEGrayNorthCarolina

Thank you!! It always helps to have a Top Notch guest as well. We really appreciated your kind words and glowing review. And yes, the day is not the same when bananas are not available. We try to make sure that item is on the breakfast bar each morning. It certainly makes the day begin to the level of enjoying that first cup of coffee.

We really appreciate your support. We take the feedback very seriously and do not take your business lightly. Thank you!!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

My husband and me were to a friend´s wedding at Greensboro N.C. Everything was O.K. Just the pillows was too soft and the breakfast a little limited. Cleanliness and location are exelent. The front desk always was ready to help.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Maria Carmen A

Thank you for your feedback. Since your last visit, the pillow selection has been updated and the offerings on the breakfast bar upgraded. We rely on what our guests say and take to heart our responsibility to provide a quality product on a consistent basis.

Thanks again for your words and most importantly your business.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We have stayed here three times in three years and will continue to choose this as a stop over for our trip south.

Rooms are always clean and well appointed.

Free breakfast is pretty good with a decent selection of items,

Staff on check-in are courteous and friendly. Check-in was uneventful as we made reservations weeks ahead.

One of the better Comfort Inn hotels.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for both your kind words and visit to the hotel. Our staff appreciates any feedback that allows for the opportunity to get better at what we do. The essence of providing quality service is one we take very seriously. Your comments provide the proper forum.

Thank you for staying with us. we invite you back when your travels bring you back to Greensboro, NC

Reviewed 27 March 2013

The comfort Inn is a great place to stay and must admit have stayed other places but the hospitality is great and the breakfast bar is very good. The room was very clean and the staff are absolutely wonderful.

Room Tip: Great location. Right by interstate 40. Great tv s in the rooms.