“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #24 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Roanoke, Virginia
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

First let me say, the staff here WONDERFUL. I thought I would get in before check in and they were willing to allow me to check in, they also allowed me to get a late check out. (Good privilege of being a Choice Privilege Member) Check in was fast and efficient. The room was perfect. Clean, smelled wonderful (like a lemon cleaning solution). Beds were too comfy I didn't want to get out Housekeeping came in the next day (Maria I believe) cleaned room as if it was a new check in, and was quick. I didn't get to try out breakfast, I never do I like to sleep in. Hotel is close by lots of restaurants and shopping. The only issue I had which isn't the hotels fault is the wireless internet. It was very slow and spotty. I often visit Greensboro alot and I usually stay at another choice hotel off High Point Rd. But I think I will make this one my home away from home. The staff was amazing. I enjoyed spending my birthday with you guys, thanks for accomdating my needs. See you next time

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
CNHotels, General Manager at Comfort Inn Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
We really appreciate the time you took to reflect on your visit at the Comfort Inn Wendover. We are thankful for all feedback and it is especially satisfying to know we have made an impact.

Thanks again and we hope to see you in the near future.

Chris Adams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The last few times I have needed a hotel near Winston-Salem, this has been the property I have stayed at. The hotels in Winston-Salem was over my price range and not all in a good location. My son who is a student at Winston-Salem State University, I still needed to be close to his school. This property was a perfect fit for me and my family. This hotel is in a very good location. It's 15-20 minutes away from the university. You are close to many shopping and eatery places. The staff is great, the rooms are clean, the hotel manager I can't say enough good things about him, it's affordable, and most the beds are very comfortable!!! My six year old granddaughter love staying here and so do I. This is my new home away from home when I travel to visit my son at school from Georgia.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Yolanda P
chrispadams1, Manager at Comfort Inn Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
On behalf of the staff, thank you for your kind words. Our objective is to maintain a facility that gives someone a sense of peace and home. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Pinehurst, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I cannot say enough about the staff at the Comfort Inn, they always go out of their way to ensure our stay is wonderful. A great value and the customer service is superb! We will return again and again.

Debbie Kelly
Institute of Political Leadership

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for providing invaluable feedback regarding your experience with the Comfort Inn Wendover. We value comments that allow the hotel to become better at what do and most importantly how we do it.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Best Regards,

Butner, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The hotel was within 7 min of where we would be doing business for four days. It is located on Wendover Ave in easy access of I-40. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was very comfortable. The rates the general manager gave us were satisfactory. This will be our go to hotel when we are in Greensboro for business.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
We simply appreciate both your business and feedback. It was a pleasure hosting your most recent stay at the Comfort Inn. Your comments were important and provide a glimpse into how we do what we do.

Thank you!!

High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We originally booked the hotel's banquet hall for my son's wedding. Let me say that the staff was wonderful from beginning to end. The staff checked on us from the beginning of us decorating the room until the end. Every single staff person has just as helpful as the others. The front desk was wonderful upon our arrival and even down to us needing a wine opener. The management staff checked on us to make sure that my son and his soon to be wife's day was extra special. I had to go back the following day because of an item left behind. The staff was totally different from the prior day and the front desk person was just as wonderful. She was aware of our "stay" and any details that we may need to discuss upon my arrival. This is the place that you want to come for an overnight visit or for a family special event. You will be very happy with your experience. Thank you to the Comfort Inn staff for making our family event even more special! P.S. Even the maintenance staff was great!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Felita P
chrispadams1, Manager at Comfort Inn Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
On behalf of the staff, allow me to thank you for your kind words. We were honored for the opportunity to share in your special day and were thankful for the positive feedback. Our staff takes pride in the necessary details to ensure a positive experience. Thank you for the kind words!

Smithfield, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We came for the ACC tournament and found this hotel was very convenient to the tournament. The rooms were clean and meet our needs. The breakfast was very good with eggs, sausage,and cereal. I did ask the maid to change our sheets and even gave her a tip, but she failed to do so.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words. The staff is working hard to create a service first culture and feedback such as yours provides a much needed barometer as to how we are dong.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Triad area!

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was part of the power outage refugees of Greensboro, NC after the ice storm that came through on March 6th. My daughter and I stayed here and it was Great! We checked-in to a very clean room and was able to enjoy the hot breakfast, which was extended into the meeting room because there were so many people checking- in at once because of the power outages across the city. I even had other family members that were able to get rooms in the hotel. Even when the power went out at the hotel around noon we still were comfortable. I must say that the GM Chris Adams handled the situation effortlessly. Of course there were some upset guests but he did everything to make sure that guests were taken care of, he was even guiding guests to their rooms via flash light. Needless to say with such strenuous circumstances he did GREAT! The power came back on at 8pm and all was well with the world! I will recommend this hotel to any guests that is travelling to the Greensboro area because they will be very well taken care of!

Room Tip: The king suites are spacious and comfortable!