“What you would expect in this area...lacks authenticity”
Review of Positano

Positano
Reserve with OpenTable
Positano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 904 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Target Shopping Center
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This restaurant is always busy, so we thought we would give it a try. The service is great. A bit tight between tables and a bit loud. The drinks were quite good as was the bruschetta. Bread and dipping oil great too.

But the main meals were disappointing as are many Italian meals in this area. The chefs simply do not know how to make authentic, slow simmered rich red sauce. The red sauce is clearly cooked a very short time and essentially tastes like eating raw tomatoes. The sauce is bright red...instead of authentic sauce which is a deep brownish red. Meatballs were average. So, this was a oncer. As an Italian, I still have not been able to find a single restaurant in this area that makes Sunday Gravy type red sauce like other areas of the country.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is a small Italian restaurant tucked away in a shopping center. The restaurant was not busy when I went and my party was quickly seated. After looking over the menu, I chose my typical chicken parmigiana. I would say it was pretty normal fare and the portion size was large. Overall, if you are looking for Italian this is a good place to try.

1  Thank blkreign30
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were here last year and we were disappointed. However on this last visit we were surprised. The food was definitely better as well as the portion size which was my biggest complaint last time. I don't know if the owners of the establishment read these reviews but I do have a suggestion. Please include the salads with the meal! A salad is 3.00.You add that to the price of your meal you are paying 18-19 dollars for a chicken dish! Sorry folks this is not a fine dining restaurant.
Otherwise it is most enjoyable.

1  Thank Anoza
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This restaurant is along the lines of Elizabeths except tables are crowded together and noisy. Food was not as good as Elizabeths. Our waiter was trying, but he was too presumptuous and thought he knew what we needed instead of asking. At one point, he whizzed by and said, "You need water!" and I shouted "HEY, HEY, HEY!" to get him to stop and ask if we needed anything else. Overall, not best value for my money.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Having not found a substitute for Bianca's, I am constantly looking for a good replacement and I may have found it in Positano. Will visit again soon!

1  Thank rmwein