“Top tier Italian restaurant”
Review of Positano

Positano
Reserve with OpenTable
Positano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 895 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Target Shopping Center
Blacksburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top tier Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Was looking for relatively inexpensive Italian food close to the Greensboro Science Center and came across Positano's. Upon arrival, we immediately noticed that the restaurant had a very home-y atmosphere and it felt like an actual Italian cucina. Our server was fantastic, always stopped by whenever we needed anything, gave us some background on food and drinks, and was willing to answer any questions we might have had. The food was amazing, especially their gnocchi and chicken and broccoli penne. All in all it was a great experience and I would definitely return at some point.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kevin L

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Best Italian Food”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This restaurant serves the best Italian restaurant in town. The Chicken Carbonara is wonderful. The veal dishes are excellent!
The wait staff are knowledgeable about the food and provide excellent service. The decor is pleasant and clean.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank GrandmaHoney2010
NC
“What you would expect in this area...lacks authenticity”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This restaurant is always busy, so we thought we would give it a try. The service is great. A bit tight between tables and a bit loud. The drinks were quite good as was the bruschetta. Bread and dipping oil great too.

But the main meals were disappointing as are many Italian meals in this area. The chefs simply do not know how to make authentic, slow simmered rich red sauce. The red sauce is clearly cooked a very short time and essentially tastes like eating raw tomatoes. The sauce is bright red...instead of authentic sauce which is a deep brownish red. Meatballs were average. So, this was a oncer. As an Italian, I still have not been able to find a single restaurant in this area that makes Sunday Gravy type red sauce like other areas of the country.

• Visited March 2014
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Intimate Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is a small Italian restaurant tucked away in a shopping center. The restaurant was not busy when I went and my party was quickly seated. After looking over the menu, I chose my typical chicken parmigiana. I would say it was pretty normal fare and the portion size was large. Overall, if you are looking for Italian this is a good place to try.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank blkreign30
“Food has improved”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were here last year and we were disappointed. However on this last visit we were surprised. The food was definitely better as well as the portion size which was my biggest complaint last time. I don't know if the owners of the establishment read these reviews but I do have a suggestion. Please include the salads with the meal! A salad is 3.00.You add that to the price of your meal you are paying 18-19 dollars for a chicken dish! Sorry folks this is not a fine dining restaurant.
Otherwise it is most enjoyable.

• Visited November 2013