“Fun Fun Fun”

Ranked #13 of 72 things to do in Greensboro
More attraction details
Owner description: When you think summer, think Wet‘n Wild. With over 36 rides and attractions, there's something for everyone from mild to wild, from tots to seniors. Wet'n Wild Emerald Pointe Water Park is the perfect choice for your next birthday party, family reunion, and group outing. Our variety of entertainment, excellent water safety staff, delicious food and outstanding service provides all the necessary elements for you to have a truly outstanding day. With attractions like Daredevil Drop, Dr. Von Dark's Tunnel Of Terror, and Happy Harbor for children, Wet’n Wild is the best place for everyone young and old!
Charlotte, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fun Fun Fun”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Wow, we went on for my granddaughter's birthday... had a great time with all the water rides... the cyclone is not meant for children under the age of 3 :)... even though my fiance had my grandson I was still scared for him because he power of the ride had me rethinking weather or not it was meant for me... :) how in the world do you think you can drown in 3 feet of water and you are 5'5... but we had a fantastic time and can't wait to go again... the lines were not long at all and the staff was great and worked at a fast pace...

1 Thank Justified44
wetnwildep, Manager at Wet'n Wild Emerald Pointe, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
So glad that you had a fun day. Hope to see you back really soon!

north carolina
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Fun as always.”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I live in Greensboro and have had season passes for many years to Wet and Wild. Have already been 4 times this year. This year I noticed more plastic chairs instead of chaise loungers- I am guessing it is to accomendate more people. But, I like the lounge chairs more than chairs. Wish they would bring them back. Also the quality of the new chairs are not the same as past years.

I always buy a parking pass- so not happy with the VIP parking additional charge- this also cuts down on parking for other people - so the parking areas fill out quickly. I got to WnW at 10:30 last Saturday and had to park out by the fence.

Love the wave pool and lazy river, grandchildren are in between kiddie and adult size rides now. ,Not much for them in rides until they get older than 12. The water is too deep for some of the water slides and they are not allowed to wear their life jackets. It is hit and miss on lines- some days the lines are long and the another time the park was not crowded and no lines.

Food is expensive - but with a pass you get a discount. Also you can always bring a cooler like other reviewers have said. Just be sure to have your hand stamped to come back in.

Also if you are not use to walking barefoot on concrete wear water shoes- otherwise at the end of a long day walking on the concrete or in the pools your feet will be hurting. You can also wear flip flops- on all rides you have to go barefoot- so leave the shoes at the exit point.

accessibility- this year I noticed at Lesiure Lagoon- A pool lift - so some one in a wheelchair can get into the pool. The other day I did notice that someone was using the chair lift as a towel storage. I wish the life guard would had said something to the individual about not using this equipment for towels and bags.

6 Thank ncsearch
Cary, NC
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 804 helpful votes
“Summer Fun!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We visited on a Saturday in June. We were pleased to find the crowds were not too heavy yet. The sun was hot, but the water was still cold! Starting this week, they are open 7 days a week.

Parking:
$6 for general parking. Don't pay for the upgraded VIP parking. The lot just isn't that big.

Entrance:
Bring a Food Lion MVP card for $7 off.

Food:
Pricey. Low quality. The pictures look enticing, but the reality is much different than the photos. $7.49 for 3 low quality chicken tenders and fries. $3 for a bottle of water or a cup of Pepsi product. $5 for a small Dippin Dots (delicious though!) Salads are low quality lettuce. Even Wendys and Chickfila have good salads now. The strawberry lemonade looks like a frozen drink in the pic, but is just liquid. Not so refreshing. A nice virgin Margarita would be fun by the pool. WnW needs to up its game on quality and more healthy choices. Bring lunch from home, if you want to save $. You can pay to have your cooler stored and use their picnic tables, or just leave it in the trunk. And leave in time to eat dinner at home.

Rides
FUN!

Lazy river was full of trash and all the yellow photo band bracelets. Maybe you need something more durable!

Lockers
An extra large was $13 plus a $3 refundable deposit when you return the key. Really a large would have been ok for a family of 2 or 3. A small is big enough for a wallet and keys.

Bathrooms are okay. Sorta clean but would benefit from an update. Just feel a little old and grungy.

Suggestions:
It would be nice to have some waiters who walk by the pools to take orders for drinks, so parents can watch the kids but still keep them hydrated.

Add the microchip bracelets like Great Wolf and Disney have so that you can charge to your credit card without having to carry money or visit the locker. Sales will go UP and customers will be happy!

11 Thank CaryPlanner
wetnwildep, Manager at Wet'n Wild Emerald Pointe, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback. I will pass on your comments to our team.

Winston-Salem
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great day of fun!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is the second time I've taken the kids for a day at W&W. For the second time the weather was perfect! We try to go early in the season but it had not been warm enough long enough to go opening weekend so we decided to wait a week and I am glad we did. The lines were not long and all the rides were up and running and properly staffed. Lots of lounge chairs and areas to set up base camp which we did by the giant wave pool. The lifeguards there are super attentive so I felt safe letting the kids roam on their own. I witnessed to lifeguards jumping in without hesitation: one was a test event and another was an actual person in trouble. Never seen such quick reaction times and follow ups so big kudos to the training the safety staff has done! All of the areas were clean and the water was clear and fresh. The only down side of the whole experience (if there is one) is the cost of food once you are in. Other than that Wet & Wild did not disappoint my crew of five who comments several times "best day ever!" Do yourself a favor and take the kids to Wet & Wild at least once this summer!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank UltraStar175
wetnwildep, Manager at Wet'n Wild Emerald Pointe, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thanks so much for your review! It is always nice to hear from our customers. I will pass on your comments to our team at Wet'n Wild Emerald Pointe. Thanks again, have a great summer!

Raleigh, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun family day”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great attraction, superb for a full summer day. You may use coupon from Burger King and your MVP card from Food Lion to get an additional $7.00 OFF per ticket.
Inside food pretty pricy, park is located about 5 minutes walk off Burger King and Arby's.
You may also keep your cooler in the car as it can cost you up to $20 to have the park store it for you, and frankly, your car can do the same task for FREE.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank LucelleStrategie
Thank you for your great review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your trip to Wet'n Wild Emerald Pointe. We hope to see you again soon. I will share your review with our team at the park.

Thanks again,