“Very disappointing when compared to other B&B's--no where close to the true B&B experience.”

Dailey Renewal Retreat
Ranked #3 of 8 Greensboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Although the Dailey Renewal Retreat was very clean, convenient to the Coliseum and in a nice neighborhood, the total experience was very disappointing. When making the reservations we were not told that there were shared baths. It was only upon our arrival that we were told that we would be sharing a bath. All rooms had double beds and our first room's mattress was so uncomfortable and sqeaky that we didn't sleep at all. We were able to move to another room. The rooms had no radios, clocks or tv's. The main living/dining room had an extremely small tv with only about 8 channels. The same small breakfast was offered everyday with no options. Only coffee was served - no decaf, tea, juice or water was offered. There were no baked goods of any kind. Overall experience was disappointing compared to our past experiences with other B&B's.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank pfridlington
daileyrenewalretreat, Owner at Dailey Renewal Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

I'm so glad to hear from this Guest, I do not have his phone number or e-mail because he was a Guest of his dauther who made the reservation. I want to apologize for offending him with the remark: "this is not a Vacation Rental or a Hotel it is a B & B." I made this remark the first morning of his stay when I caught him going into my personal bathroom to shave; his shared bathroom was downstairs. Later that evening I found him showering in my bathroom using my personal soap.

This has never happened before. I was alarmed even though I had made it clear where his bathroom was he persisted in using my bathroom without so much as first asking.

Breakfast at the B & B is served between 7:30 & 9 AM, the group he was a part of insisted on being served earlier. They were here 5 mornings, 3 mornings he didn't participate, he left early to save seats for the others at a swim event his granddaughter competed in.

Organic eggs poached or soft boiled with differing locally made breads
and a variety of jam are served weekdays, the Guests requested coffee and water at breakfast.
My French press coffee is unsurpassed. Organic turkey bacon was served but no Italian sausage because of his wife's allergy. A variety of herbal teas, coffee and bottled water are available for Guests throughout the day in the upstairs hallway. On the weekends Quiche Lorraine and Creme Bruele French Toast are served. I taught Organic cooking for 9 years.

The B & B's policies are clearly communicated on our website yet rooms and baths were switched without so much as informing me. The carpet is not commercial grade, when someone has to walk up and down the steps with their foot in a cast on not only does it take an unnecessary toll on their health it also excessively wears the carpet.

The price we charge is consistent with the amenities we offer: we're a 5 bed room property with 3 bathrooms central to Greensboro in beautiful historic Lindley Park Neighborhood located on the city's bike path, with side walks & within walking distance of The Greensboro Coliseum Complex, UNC-G, 6 great restaurants, 2 coffee shops, a local bakery, a local grocery, The Greensboro Arboretum and The Weatherspoon Museum and Art Gallery. You can relax and mingle with our other Guests from all over the world on our wrap around porch or in our parlor. Guests watch movies, TV and play games on the19" flat screen. We also have a TV that can be moved into any Guest room on request.

I regretted offending this Guest by questioning his background knowledge of B & B's and explained this to him immediately. My hope is: he will enjoy the high self regard it has been my pleasure to experience with the Guests of The Dailey Renewal Retreat B & B.

Jean Dailey
Owner

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have stayed at the Renewal Retreat on several occasions and always found the room comfortable and the food interesting and healthy. The Innkeeper, Jean Dailey, makes sure of the details. I highly recommend the Dailey Renewal Retreat.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed for almost a week and it was very enjoyable. Jeanne is a delight and the food was delicious. She had EXCELLENT coffee! Had a great group who came in at different times. Began as strangers and ended as fun acquaintances. We'd recommend highly.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I was so glad to find this B+B on my first trip to Greensboro - a beautiful and REAL house in a nice neighborhood with a hostess who really took care of the details. The room was bright and fresh and the furnishings were super comfortable. The house felt like it had a big heart and that there was life to it. Jean was very accommodating with my unexpected late arrival, and she prepared delicious simple organic breakfasts which were just perfect. I'm a vegetarian and it was lovely for once not having to justify or explain myself! I loved the rich conversations and I felt very welcome and looked after. I didn't have a car, but it was easy to walk to eat nearby, and a short pleasant bus ride into town. Jean is a caring, gentle and thoughtful person and it was lovely to share time with her.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2013

With a busy business schedule, we arrived late at night and left early in the morning. Jean was kind to leave the key for us, and our rooms were comfortable and homey. When we did get to meet her the next day, she graciously cooked us a wonderful breakfast and treated us like long time friends. The house is on a quite street and yet easy access to the highways. I would definitely recommend this B&B and look forward to staying again.

Room Tip: The downstairs room is quite large with its own private entrance bath.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Leedra Y
Reviewed 21 June 2013

i found this on-line. the owner "forgot" what our reservation was when we arrived and had to scramble for different rooms. we shared a tiny hallway bath. after the second night, i asked about a bigger more comfortable room with a private bath (thinking they were pricier) and i was told "they are all the same price!" why did you stuff us into the tiny room when the other ones were empty?

the neighbors next door had the music blasting until midnight...not the owners fault; however, maybe this location isn't that great after all. Nice walking distance to shops though. the breakfast had the same tired sausage 2 days in a row (food enough for a bird) the owner alongside eating a big bowl of fresh berries...none for the guests of course...on the third morning we elected to have a decent breakfast somewhere else. rates were not a value compared to other B&B's. would never stay here again... NO upgrades of convenience... 1 or 2 outlets per room with extension cords everywhere... get the electrical upgraded! bathrooms small and outdated. I like quaint, but this doesn't come close to other B&B's I've stayed in where the facilities were upgraded and guests are welcomed with a glass of port or a cup of tea upon arrival. do not recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
daileyrenewalretreat, Owner at Dailey Renewal Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Lindley Park neighborhood is a quiet, safe neighborhood. The City has a strictly enforced ordinance forbidding noise after 11 PM in a residential neighborhood vs. a commercial neighborhood.

This Guest reserved the Lindley Park room with Queen bed she was meeting a friend, they were staying 3 nights, we don't have rooms with single beds only rooms with sofa beds which aren't suitable for adult comfort for more than one night. Her sister was to arrive the last evening,the Guest reserved another room .

On arrival, the Guest declared: I am not a Lesbian my friend and I cannot sleep in a Queen bed. Though the reservation had been made for several months and I repeatedly had reviewed it because the house was full that weekend I allowed her to select the room of her choice for herself and her friend, complementary. When her sister arrived I upgraded them to our largest bath.
By my calculations this Guest paid half the regular rate for her stay.

The breakfast she ate (freshly prepared)was the exact same as the young man who came in 4th in US National field and track competition days before. I follow a physician prescribed diet.

Greensboro is a small community, the Guest financially mislead other business entrepreneurs as well during her 3 day stay.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Jean Dailey is a "Mother-to-the-World"! I've never been in such a true Southern, "down home" type setting, where I was totally comfortable & relaxed. She's quite the host! She made me feel as if I'd known her for years, yet I had just met her the first time I stayed there. She is the most precious host in the world!!! :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business