“Wonderful”

Greensboro Science Center
Ranked #2 of 76 things to do in Greensboro
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the wonders of an aquarium, zoo, science museum, and 3D theater all in one attraction! See sharks, penguins, otters, stingrays, a fishing cat and other amazing animals from around the world in the NEW Carolina SciQuarium. Get eye-to-eye with tigers, meerkats, monkeys, crocodiles and other unique animals in Animal Discovery Zoo. Roam through Dinosaur Gallery, take a journey through the human body, experience extreme weather, and have fun in Kid's Alley in the Museum. Watch amazing 3-D shows that pop out of the screen in the OmniSphere Theater.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Perhaps I'm a bit biased since I visited here many times as a child, but I truly love the Greensboro Science Center and am grateful for opportunities to now bring my own child. From a small building and petting zoo next to a larger park, the center has grown to feature special play areas for small children, a new SciQuarium and more. It truly gets better each year and I highly recommend a visit for any age when in the area.

GSOScienceCenter, Public Relations Manager at Greensboro Science Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

So glad you enjoyed your time at the Greensboro Science Center.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Visiting the Science Center is always fun. From the crazy kinetic sculpture to the great displays, and the wild animals and the petting zoo, anyone of any age can learn and have fun!

1  Thank Mark27403
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We try to take all of our out-of-town visitors to the Greensboro Science Center, to the International Civil Rights Museum, and if they have children, to the Children's Museum.

I feel sure the Science Center has wheelchair access, but I didn't check the block because I haven't noticed or thought about this feature.

Both the interior and the exterior of the Science Center are first-class. We have one of the most outstanding science center directors anywhere. He is not a friend or acquaintance of ours, but we have observed over the years that he has a lot of vision and has consistently led the Center with great knowledge and skill.

The Science Center is right beside a lovely park with picnic facilities and a nice walking path around the lake. You can easily spend the day if you visit the park and the Science Center. The park has playground equipment too.

1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family and I have enjoyed the Greensboro Science Center for many years, but the additions of the Sciquarium and the small zoo in recent years have brought the Center to a whole new level. Though small, the zoo and the aquarium are very well curated, showcasing a small number of very interesting animals. The gibbons, only housed at two zoos in the U.S., are great fun, especially the baby, who seems to enjoy engaging with the zoo visitors. The otters and penguins in the Sciquarium are also very entertaining.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

my visit was business related as one of my vendors uses this as a place to have all their customers come for a night out! It is lovely and with all the new additions they are making the next visit will be even more interesting as the Center will have opened the Sciquarim. A great place for families, although I would suggest that if your kids are under five to have a stroller as they will get tired.

Been to Greensboro Science Center? Share your experiences!