“Worse Sheraton I ever stayed at!”

Sheraton Greensboro at Four Seasons
Ranked #19 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Plainfield, Illinois
“Worse Sheraton I ever stayed at!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at Sheratons all over the country and stay away from this one! No fridge or microwave in the room, and when I called down to the front desk to inquire why, she immediately transferred me to the manager. The manager says there's and extra charge for those! When I asked why they charge for something that is standard at ever other Sheraton I stayed at, she says "Cuz we do". Seriously? Pretty rude and nice hospitality. The whole stay was over priced and under serviced. Looking at the reviews, all the negative ones are responded to with a "standard response", and I guess so will this one. Stay away and go to a Hilton.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Smegma23
Samantha E, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Greensboro at Four Seasons, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We are very sorry that your stay was not satisfactory, and our associates were less than helpful. We do have refrigerators and microwaves available to our guest's that require a nominal delivery fee, and I am sorry that we did not communicate that effectively to you. The associates response is not acceptable, and I apprecaiate your review as it will help train our associates to better communicate and provide the customer service our guest's expect.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
glenwood, nj
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I am never unhappy when I stay here. The proximity to High Point and other recreational places that I attend make it very convenient. We were there this time for New Balance Nationals. Many high school students there. My only complaint would have been to put them on the same floors. It was noisy at night because the kids were in the hall a lot. Nothing awful but planning could have been better. I also would have liked a full length mirror in the room, and a mini fridge. Otherwise, the showers, bed, tv and view were wonderful. Will stay again when I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Samantha E, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Greensboro at Four Seasons, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us, and providing your wonderful review on the recently renovated rooms. I am sorry about the noise, your understanding and feedback is appreciated. We look forward to seeing you for any of your travel needs.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 June 2014

After having lived in Greensboro for 6 years, I finally found an occasion to stay at the Four Seasons when I moved away and returned for a conference. The hotel is located right off of I-40/85 and is close to just about anything you may want to do in Greensboro. I was impressed with the size and modern decor of my King suite. One amenity the hotel had which was especially to my liking as I was traveling for business was the various outlets available to plug in my cell phone, laptop etc. The modern shower had a glass door and rainfall faucet. The bed was soft and super comfortable which is always a plus! For being green and reusing my towels I was given a $5 gift certificate to use at one of the hotel eateries which came in handy as prices were a bit on the high side. Staying at the hotel while also attending a conference in the same facility was also a plus as it was easy to sneak to my room, rest and refresh myself during breaks. Conference facilities were average and the hotel and conference center are rather large so be prepared for a walk!

Green Features: Good as they encourage and reward you for being environmentally-friendly and reusing linens and towels.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind comments in reference to your stay. We are delighted that we exceeded your expectations, and you had a satisfying stay. We appreciate your positive feedback about the hotel’s renovation, amenities and your recommendation of our hotel to others means a lot to us... we thank you for your business.
naperville, il
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We arrived late Saturday and stayed 1 night. The check-in process was efficient, the room was clean and the floor was quiet so we got a good night sleep. We used points so I cant comment on the price but the hotel was full as evidenced by the parking lot when we arrived. Easy access to the expressway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for stopping over on your way to the US Open, we are glad we provided a comfortable overnight stay. Your business as well as your kind review are greatly appreciated. I'm truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come see us again.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were there for a huge soccer tournament, plus a few of the ACC baseball teams were staying there so the hotel was overly crowded. The elevators were a mess with long waits and the stairs were not accessible to going up, only down. Other than that the hotel was fantastic. We stayed in a family suite which had two rooms and two bathrooms which is a HUGE bonus. The rooms were newly updated and very clean. The doors closing are very loud though and seem like the walls are shaking.The food at the restaurants were very good as well. Recommend this hotel but you may want to check the area schedule first if going as a couple or business traveler on the weekend

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank EPD367
Thank you for your kind comments about your room, our renovation and our restaurants. We are delighted that we met your expectations, although I am truly sorry about the elevators and noise, it is unacceptable. Your comments are appreciated and they help us improve.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Any time you are visiting Greensboro and would like to stay in an upscale hotel, try giving the Sheraton a chance. Every request I asked for before arriving this past weekend was done! The staff was very professional and friendly. My room was amazing and very spacious! It was so nice and clean. They have everything right at your fingertips, from the bar, to restaurants, to the coffee shop. I loved the bathroom with the rainfall shower head too. Will definitely be returning back to this hotel when I'm in Greensboro.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are very spacious!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review, I am so glad to read you had a perfect stay. Reading that we began to take care of you before you stepped into the hotel and during your stay will make our Sheraton Greensboro team's day. We look forward to seeing you in the future for any of your travel needs.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed for two nights a this hotel. Rooms are very nicely decorated, and look updated. However, the housekeeping staff never replenished the shampoo, coffee packets, etc. and the room always felt damp because the bathroom has no exhaust, which means the steam from the shower has to go somewhere! The rooms only have double or king beds - no queens, which is a pet peeve of mine. For the price of this hotel, I guess I was expecting more. Will look for another hotel if in this area again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple