“Very Nice Experience!”

Ranked #32 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Snow Hill, North Carolina
“Very Nice Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed two nights at this Sleep Inn and I was very pleased with the hotel and staff. The room was very clean and comfortable, the air conditioning was cool and the shower had good pressure and plenty of hot water. They offer a continental-style breakfast of the usual hotel fare (waffles, cereals, breads, juices, fruit) but it was fresh and plentiful.. The hotel lobby and grounds were also very clean and well managed. The staff was professional and friendly. This hotel is only minutes from the airport and two miles from Wendover Ave, so plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. We booked in advance using a coupon from hotels.com and got a nightly rate of $59.00 which was a bargain for what we got and for this area of Greensboro. I recommend this Sleep Inn to anyone and look forward to my next stay in October! Cate Moore, Snow Hill NC

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy M
sleepinngso, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. This will be posted for our entire staff to see. So often we are only alerted when things go wrong, and it is refreshing to hear that all our hard work is appreciated. We are re-energized when a guest expresses the good time they experienced at our property. Thank you again and look forward to seeing you in October!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

The room was clean, the price was great, and the staff was amazing. My family travels alot and we are use to comfortable accomadations. This was our first experience with this hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel and staff helped make our vacation very enjoyable. The breakfast buffet was just what our budget needed:) I will stay at this location the next time we visit greensboro, and I will consider Sleep Inn whenever we travel. Thanks for a great stay.

Alexandria, VA

1 Thank Hawkins26
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

We only spent one night at this motel, but we found it to be a clean and comfortable room at a decent price. It's nothing fancy, but it was more than adequate for our needs. We traveled with our 6 year old daughter, who was disappointed that the pool was closed for repairs, but since we were there to visit Wet 'n Wild Water Park the next day, it more than made up for that. There were a lot of truckers staying there, but they were all courteous and quiet.

Overall, I would rate this a very good motel. The staff was not very friendly or knowledgable about the area, but every other aspect of our visit was pleasant.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

The hotel, rooms and grounds are very nice nice, better than I expected really. During an 11 day stay you get to see a lot of what goes on. The staff for the most part is courteous and friendly. Cleaning is a high priority here as well as I discovered something that was hidden to motivate the cleaning staff. The breakfast had a good variety, including fresh muffins and fruit.
Now the downsides.The hotel seems to be chair challenged as there were none in my room when I opened the door. I was bought a straight chair to use working at the desk right away when I asked. After a couple days I was wondering what was scratching my leg when using the chair and found there was a nail sticking through. The seat fabric had been torn because of it.
It was replaced straight away when I told the staff at the desk.
Also I only had the bed to sit on when watching TV. My associate had an arm chair with pull out stool in his room and I asked for something like it as my lower back stiffens up staying on the bed too long. All I got were blank stares and no chair after two requests.
One of the reasons I booked this hotel with my associate was he wanted a pool. There was a very nice one on site that was constantly maintained, but it was closed the whole two weeks with no chance of it opening. I think that should have been made known before we made our reservations.
Lastly was last weekend. The majority of the floor was occupied Friday evening about ten o'clock by a an ignorant group that had no control over their many children, Doors slamming, screeching, and running up and down the hall made peace impossible. After the desk attendant was unable and seemed unwilling to control the situation I lost it with the woman across the hall who was standing by letting young girls run in and out of the room slamming the door.
Saturday evening it was after 11:00 PM when the same crowd returned and woke me with a repeat of the previous evening.
We got this rate as a promotion through Choice Hotels web site. If I had to pay more for this hotel than I did I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Somebody posted about asking for an upper floor room at the end of the hallway.... good tip. The top...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thank you for the kind comments concerning your stay. We do strive for excellence in every interaction with our guests. I sincerely apologize for your chair not being in your room upon your arrival, and for the behavior of some guests that were here during your stay. We would love to have another opportunity to serve you again, and make your next visit one you can appreciate. Please contact me personally when you're ready to make that reservation.

Please feel free to contact me personally

Cameron Johnson
Front Office manager
336-931-1272
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

We arrived at the Hotel around 8pm, where we waited for at least five-minutes before anyone came to greet us at the check-in counter, but after my son yelled “hello, is anyone here?” The clerk seemed distracted and rushed. We put our belonging in the room at went to dinner after a long day of driving. At 10pm we returned. At that time my son used the restroom and while flushing, well, the water started going up, not down. We called the front desk to let them know of this issue, that it was clogged. At the same time, my daughter was trying to use the TV remote, which, too, was malfunctioning (half the buttons were faded and couldn’t be read and half the buttons didn’t work either). The front desk clerk said he would be right up to look at the toilette and get us a new remote. One-hour later, a no show, so we used the lobby restroom and we all went to bed.

When addressing our situation (toilette, remote, and no response back) to the clerk on check-out, we were told, well we don’t have maintenance that late at night to fix toilettes and he must have forgotten about the remote. I asked “so did the clerk not consider that we had four people in a room without a functioning toilette, why didn’t he call us back and tell us it wasn’t going to be fixed and offer us another room? I also asked if maintenance was also responsible for getting us a functioning remote. The answer to that was, “I don’t know what happen about that”.

At that point it was clear they wanted me to still pay full price for the room, when very important essentials as part of the package, we did not get. What we got was a broken toilette, a broken remote, had to leave our room four floors to use lobby restroom, no consideration or accommodating hospitality for our situation.

1 Thank James M
I do apologize for the way things were handled with your situation with the toliet. Another room should have been offered to you when you expressed the issue with the restroom, and the remote should have been replaced. I will make it a point to address these issues with my front desk staff so this happens to no one ever again. I would like to thank you for staying with us and would like another chance to in order to show you that we do care about our guests and how we strive to make Sleep Inn your home away from home.

Cameron Johnson
Front Office Manager
Boone, NC 28607
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

This was our first stay here but certainly not our last when we have another opportunity to fly out of the Greensboro Airport. I had seen the Trip Advisor reviews and selected this hotel based on those reviews. Everything was really nice, modern, clean, etc. Front desk was excellent, and we appreciated being able to leave our car and take the hotel shuttle to the airport. Loved all the shuttle drivers, and one morning we even had a town car as the shuttle.

Although the location is a little bit off the service road, if you follow EXACTLY the directions on their website, you will find the hotel easily. We did.

Also got a discount with our room key by eating at Fatz less than a half mile away.

Security was good with internal entrances, and price was very reasonable.

This hotel served all our needs and we will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunalei
Greensboro,North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Enjoyed my stay here as usual, but I didn't go down to breakfast this time. The staff was helpful and I enjoyed my stay here. The only problem that I had was housekeeping come knocking on my door after 7am wanting to clean the room and I just got out of bed. I just knew checkout time was 12noon and not after 7am.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo