“Quiet location”
Review of Sleep Inn Airport

Sleep Inn Airport
Ranked #36 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The location was quiet as it was offset, not directly on the airport as the title would insist. The rooms were clean, nice shower! The attendants were friendly. The food was included but not as the website started. Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel based on reviews I had read here on TripAdvisor. Lobby and breakfast area were nice and well kept. Outside appearance of hotel OK.

Upon arriving at the hotel, the least thing I welcomed after travelling through airports all day was a problem with my room assignments. And yes, I said assignments. 1st room- room had already been assigned to someone else- key card wouldn't work and upon multiple tries, someone came to the door asking who I was. I reported back to the front desk who realized the person had changed rooms and it had not been properly documented. 2nd room- I was then assigned to the room from which he had come, as one of the staff checked it out and noticed nothing wrong. I, however, did because upon examining the room, I noticed the hand towel was partially wet, soap had been opened, toilet paper used, and it looked as if the bed had been laid in as the sheet and blanket were untucked from the mattress. I called the front desk to report this and asked for yet another room assignment, and the front desk said they'd see what they had and call me back. After 20 minutes of waiting (and now it's 10:15pm), I got my belongings together and headed back again to the front desk. Upon my arrival, the front desk staff member greeted me with a key to another room and explained she was on her way up to bring it to me. Great- but why not call back instead of make me wait for 20 minutes. 3rd room- After all my trouble and the front desk apologizing greatly for my dismay, I was upgraded from a double Queen room to a King bed with microwave and refrigerator. This room was perfect, and I was finally able to settle in and relax after a long day of travelling. I, however, felt like "Goldie Locks" in the story of she and the Three Bears in finding a hotel room that was "just right"! And because of all the hassle with the room, was delayed in an early bedtime which was needed as I had to awake the next morning at 4am for a business event. Not happy!

Parking lot a little intimidating for a lonely, female traveler arriving late at night and leaving before dawn. However, the front desk staff was very accommodating and, when asked to do so, provided me an escort to the parking lot upon my departure to ensure my safety.

Although my 3rd room was nice for the cost paid, I don't believe I would ever risk staying at this hotel again, for all the hassle involved with the room assignments. First impressions are everything. Also, as a female traveler in an unfamiliar city, the parking lot is less than inviting or safe feeling because of the lay out.

1  Thank jsohiogirl
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Reserved hotel as a Choice Privilege Member for non-refundable price of $48. Great deal.

PROS:
Friendly
Beds clean and comfortable--this is very important!
Helpful--came to room to help with WiFi situation. Didn't help much, but they tried.
Good continental plus breakfast, waffles are always great!

CONS:
Wifi very unreliable. Sometimes fast, then hangs. Unacceptable for government business.
Lots of bugs (some dead, others rather noisy) in our room. No big deal, just annoying.
Obviously budget--floors and walls dirty, seems old and somewhat run down.
A/C is on the unit and not very accurate. Just adjust until comfortable.
Hard to find. However, once you do, it is in a quiet cul-de-sac.

For me, the WiFi was the killer. For my job I need reliable access. I won't be back.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Set back off the main road at the end of a cul-de-sac, I chose this hotel to be close to the airport. Entire hotel was clean, fresh, and all of the amenities you expect from a value hotel. We did not have breakfast because of an early flight. Only hiccup was I requested a 4:45 am airport shuttle. Upon check in, I was told the shuttle only ran on the half hour, which meant 4:30 am or 5:00 am. We chose the 4:30 am. We were in the lobby at 4:25 and were told that a shuttle request was never made by the hotel staff working the previous night. Without any hesitation the front desk took full responsibility for the error, and was on the phone with the shuttle driver. We got picked up at 4:45 am. I wish I got her name, but she handled the incident in a professional manner.

I will stay at this Sleep Inn again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

MY husband and I are truck drivers, we haul oversize loads and 85% of the time,we have to stay in a hotel, and let me tell you, THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO STAY!! Everything was nice, and it was clean!! so if you are looking for a good hotel at a good price, this Sleep Inn is the place to go!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We only spent one night at this hotel but it was a pleasant stay.
We like sleep inns especially for the walk in showers since my wife has had two knee replacements.
The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was very good.
Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George B
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

I thought it was a suite, but its a well decorated Motel 6, except with a small complimentary breakfast. The desk was friendly except for one lady, possibly management, that assumed that I was going to smuggle lots of kids into the room. As per her comment (that was not as discrete as she thought it was) to count all of "them" as they come in and let them know if they are over the allowable counts. I was appalled because she had already asked how many kids and how many rooms, and yet she felt that I was a liar. Unfortunately, all the hotels were booked for the week, otherwise I would have taken my money and my team to another hotel. To add to my displeasure, every day we had to ask for clean wash cloths. For some reason the room service would do the beds and remove the dirty towels, but would not give us a wash cloths unless we requested them--weird. It was definitely kid friendly. The beds were surprisingly comfortable. I survived. They would have to lower the price to get me to come back.

• Stayed: July 2013
sleepinngso, General Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I understand Labor Day was a busy weekend for the hotel and I am sorry I missed you, I was out on leave and just returned this week. Our interim manager was a nice young gentlemen who filled me in on how the city's soccer tournament brought young athletes from all around. We are glad the bed's were comfortable and hope you enjoyed the belgium waffles and new fruit additions to our breakfast. We apologize for upsetting you with the attempt of keeping accurate counts of all our guests. We did not intentionally mean to offend anyone, only to account for everyone staying at our property in case of emergency. We take all comments seriously and will use this as an opportunity to improve our service, we want turn your okay stay into a great one!