“Soccer Friendly!”

Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro
Ranked #4 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for five nights for my son's soccer tournament. It was wonderful! Large clean rooms, white linens, thick towels, hot breakfast, reception in the evenings with beer and wine, outdoor pool, modern exercise facilities, and nice staff. I don't have one complaint about our stay - not one. I think the thing that impressed me the most was the fact that they weren't grumpy or put off by our 13-year-old boys doing what 13-year-old boys do. Many hotels can get very rude (and they probably have every right to get that way) but the staff here treated all of us with a smile even though they were probably counting down the days until the end of this tournament. Now that's impressive!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Cliff G, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our large clean rooms, fresh linens, hot breakfast, guest reception, outdoor pool, exercise equipment, and friendly staff. We particularly appreciate your comments regarding the level of service you received from our entire team. We will discuss your stay with everyone and celebrate your experience. Sincerely, Cliff Greene, Manager, Wingate by Wyndham, Greensboro, NC.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the last six months and have always had a wonderful experience! The staff is terrific and the accommodations are excellent! I highly recommend it as a place to stay in the Greensboro greater metropolitan area!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you so much for your patronage. We will do our best to continue to earn your business and appreciate having you as our guest! Sincerely, Cliff Greene, General Manager, Wingate by Wyndham, Greensboro, NC.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Cliff G, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was a great stay. We were locked out of our house coming back from vacation and was really tired. My son & I walked in and within 10 minutes we were in the room. Hotel staff was great!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Sorry to hear of the circumstances that brought you to us, but so happy you enjoyed your stay. A speedy check-in is a very important part of a great guest experience. Thank you for your review! Sincerely, Cliff Greene, Manager, Wingate by Wyndham, Greensboro, NC.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My boyfriend and I only stayed here for one night but it was one of the best hotel experiences we have had. We arrived fairly late in the evening to check in but the lady at the front desk was still friendly and helpful. We mentioned that we were planning on visiting the Wet n' Wild water park the next day and she immediately let us know that we could save a lot of money by buying the tickets from the hotel instead of at the gate. They each ended up being about $10 cheaper. Also, checking in and out was very quick.

The room was just as nice as the service. It looked like the room we had had recently been updated so all of the appliances were very new and stylish. And, most importantly, the bed and its pillows were very comfortable and both of us slept very soundly. We plan on returning to Greensboro very soon and will definitely book here again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Cliff G, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. Our guests really find it convenient to be able to purchase their Wet n' Wild tickets from the hotel. See you next trip! Sincerely, Cliff Greene, General Manager, Wingate by Wyndham, Greensboro, NC.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here last weekend while attending the wedding of the century ! I found the hotel to be first class and the staff very friendly and accommodating. We very much appreciated the shuttle service they provided to and from the wedding, as this is not their norm ( generally airport runs ) and they did a great job. The staff welcomed me upon arrival with a gift bag and seemed to go out of their way during the three ( 3 ) days to make all the wedding guests feel like friends.

I am not planning on getting re- married anytime soon, but if I did, I believe I would stay here and let them handle the driving to the Castle !!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments, especially for recognizing our efforts to transport everyone to and from the wedding venue safety. We do strive to make each and every guest feel comfortable and welcomed. Sincerely, Cliff Greene, General Manager, Wingate by Wyndham, Greensboro, NC.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We enjoyed everything about this hotel, which met all our needs, including location, furnishings and helpful staff. The room was clean and nicely sized and included an additional dressing area separate from the bathroom, a must with more than one person in the room. The room furnishings are worthy of note, as the couch, dual-purpose coffee table, desk and generous closet accommodated every need. Breakfast was very good and the hours (open until 10:00) were much appreciated. I was there with a group and found the breakfast/common meeting area pleasant and easy to use. I also found the staff friendly and helpful. I created a problem with the card I used for payment, but the staff worked tirelessly and without complaint until it was corrected. We were pleased with every aspect of our stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our well appointed rooms and delicious breakfast. Unexpected things happen when people travel and I am glad were able to make it a little more bearable. Thank you for your wonderful review. Sincerely, Cliff Greene, General Manager, Wingate by Wyndham, Greensboro, NC.