“Trip to Greensboro”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greensboro
Ranked #54 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Hotel was poorly kept, mattresses were lumpy and very uncomfortable! I have stayed here in the past and enjoyed my stay; however, service and housekeeping has gone drasticly down hill. I will never stay at this location again nor will I recommend it to anyone. My experience causes me to not want to stay at a Microtel again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
microtelinnwyndhamgr, Webmaster at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the feedback. We are aware of a lapse in housekeeping and maintenance, but we’ve made a number of changes since the time of your stay aimed at improving this hotel. I hope you will now try us again and see that we’re better than ever before. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations in this case.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

the outside is deceptive - from the road it looks nice, clean, up-to-date. The inside is a different story. It's a poor, poor value. Keep driving and find a Days Inn or Motel 6. The rooms are super tiny and outdated (we're talking 1970s with a tiny tube TV tucked into a corner of the ceiling like you're in a hospital room). The free breakfast is mini muffins and yogurt. I saw white mold growing on a wall by a fake plant while eating the aforementioned free breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We’ve changed and improved a lot in recent months and hope you will give us another try. Nothing is more important to us than a good customer experience. I sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your needs in this case. We strive to be a great value and successfully satisfy hundreds every month.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Very nice clean hotel with comfortable beds with a very friendly and helpful staff, who sent us to a Fantastic restaurant nearby. This hotel was conveniently located near the interstate and the shopping malls. We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My brother works for Wyndham and is able to provide a family rate discount for stays to me when available. It's a great program because frankly I never stayed at Microtel before thinking they were like older lower end motels. Based on my good experiences I now chose to stay at one whether I can obtain the family discounted rate or not. We checked into the Microtel in Greensboro labor day weekend to visit my boyfriend's daughter at college. The person at the front desk charged my card the family rate I had booked on line using a special code and that requires validation at check-in with the presentation of a signed voucher for the date of my stay and specific confirmation number. We left to go get our luggage, when we came back in the woman at the front desk told us the Manager (Sandra B.) rejected the rate because the date on the form said it expired in 2012. Yes, it was true, by mistake the form had been signed with wrong dated form. However, two employees of Wyndham's corporate office had obviously not realized it going by my stay date and my confirmation number. But Sandra decided to have the front desk make me feel I was scamming them out of $20. The front desk woman was instructed to refund my original charge and charge me the regular rate. Luckily I told her to charge me the AAA rate. If I had my choice, I would have left due to Sandra's treatment and lack of ability to evaluate the situation and err on the side of the guest. For the rate I was charged, I would have stayed elsewhere as there are much better hotels in the area. The Greensboro property is out of date and not on par with some of the other Microtel properties I have stayed. There is also renovated Red Roof Inn in the same area that has better reviews at the same rate. If not for my experience with the hotel property manager I would have rated this property around 3 just because it was clean and the hotel staff was friendly. But Sandra does her hotel and staff a disservice my demonstrating no logical reasoning skills and unfortunately earns her already struggling property a one star.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank annem324

Dear Guest,

I’m terribly sorry that you experienced a lapse in customer service. Fortunately, we’ve made many changes and improvements since that time, including staff changes and customer service training. I hope you will try us again. You’ll find a new attitude and many changes aimed at better satisfaction.

Reviewed 24 August 2013