“I was there with a school track team and it was not very...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greensboro
Ranked #55 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Zebulon
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was a little dated. It was very clean when you walked in the lobby you could smell a clean fresh smell. The room was very clean also.The price was very good also. I would stay there again. Good value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed there on 5-10-14. The bed in the room I was given was neatly made, but when I walked over to it, the pillows and visible parts of the sheets were COVERED in make-up (and other things). I didn't have to touch the covers to see it, so I don't know how the maid could have missed it. I requested, & was given a different room (but not an appology). The bed in the second room was NOT neatly made. The pillowcases were very wrinkled & dingy. And when I turned back the covers, there were several short, curly hairs on the sheets. I went back to the desk, and the girl all but rolled her eyes when she saw me. She had to interrupt her phone call. I asked for clean sheets to throw over the bed to sleep on top of. Only 1 of those sheets was clean. She never has appologized for the inconvenience, let alone offered compensation. I ended up sleeping on top of the "clean" sheet using the towels for cover. I've stayed in far better Econo Lodges!!!

P.S.
There were 2 cops in the lobby when I arrived. I probably should have taken that as a 'sign'.

Room Tip: Both the rooms I got were on the first level. Maybe they actually change the sheets in the upper flo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Solo2go
microtelinnwyndhamgr, Webmaster at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments and for noticing the great relationship we have with local police. They take great care of us. I apologize most sincerely for the lapse in housekeeping and customer service you experienced. We have already addressed these issues and that kind of problem should not happen again. I hope you won’t let these issues stop you from staying with us again. We truly value your business.

Hotel Manager
Surry, Virginia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Convenient, clean, quiet, affordable - this hotel met all my needs. For someone who suffers from insomnia, I slept really well and comfortably. Lenina, front desk supervisor, was warm, friendly and helpful. I will stay here again when in town to visit family and friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I'm really in no position to complain, because the front desk staff were very nice and suiting to me and my girlfriend after a long drive to Greensboro. the entire hotel is quirky and looks like an upscale apartment complex, which is amusing, as well as the central location which is surrounded by many 24 hour operating restraunts and gas stations off I-40

But man was that room cramped, which me and my grilfriend didn't completely mind but seriously it takes you a little while to adjust to the smallness. Great price for the stay as well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple