“Bad experience ”

Ranked #55 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
pittsburgh
“Bad experience ”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in this motel several times in the past without issues. I hope it was just this one room that let us down. The room was warm & damp that had a "car urine" odor to it. Even after turning air down & opening window nothing worked. Luckily we checked in late & left early and if I hadn't been exhausted I would have complained. Previous years we have had no issues.

Stayed August 2014
microtelinnwyndhamgr, Webmaster at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greensboro, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I apologize that there was an unpleasant odor in your room. I regret that we were not given the chance to move you to another room. In any case, I appreciate you staying with us frequently in the past and hope you will try us again soon. This was an isolated incident and won’t happen again.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My stay was horrible. It was bugs in my room and the blanket was tore to shreads. I contacted the manager Sandra Bates and got no response. Then it took corporate a month to contact me back. I checked in down the street at the Sun Suites Inn. I had a clean room better customer service a lot cheaper and a kitchen.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I apologize that we failed to meet your needs. While I can assure you that there are no insects in our rooms, I can’t explain how a torn blanket was used in a guest room. In any case, we’re involved in a continuous improvement process and are working to improve every aspect of this hotel. Please try us again soon to see how we’re better than ever before.

Hotel Manager
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I came to the Microtel for a mini getaway from home. I was hesitant,like I always am,because I had never stayed here before but it was a great stay. I came with my children. The hotel itself was clean.Smokefree..Had free breakfast that was really nice and tasted great. The staff was great.When I arrived,I asked the clerk to please put me somewhere quiet and away from everyone,because I have a newborn with heart issues.Our floor was super quiet! The staff was always nice and polite each time we passed the desk.I liked the location because it was up the road from Celebration Station and restaurants were up and down the road and super close.I dont have a car so the fact that things were right here at the hotel was a huge plus! There is a CVS across the road. Very nice place!!!

Room Tip: Read the reviews about any hotel you are considering.Keep in mind that people see things differently...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank edenriverside00
Greensboro
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is definitely the least expensive hotel that we have found that can accommodate our large family with guaranteed adjoining rooms. We often stay at Microtel because of the value. Employees were pleasant, the rooms were clear and the breakfast was perfect for us .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family