“We never get enough of this place”

MJ's Steak and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
MJ's Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 912 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West Friendly Ave
Transit: Corner of Guilford College Road and West Friendly Avenue.
Reviewed 12 October 2013

When my husband have a chance for a date night, we often choose to dine at MJ's. It's so consistently delicious. I don't think we've ever had a bad meal there. We like to eat in the bar. It's just fun in there. That's where I discovered a delicious cocktail called the Cable Car. We also like to sit outside. I can't choose a favorite dish here since we enjoy just about everything they serve. Food is creative, fresh and adequately portioned. A locally-owned jewel in our little town. Try it for yourself.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Discovered this place on tripadvisor and we decided to give it a try for our anniversary. I can't believe we didn't know about this place!! The poutine was delicious (my husband is still talking about it) and my salmon was cooked perfectly. My husband also enjoyed his beef tenderloin and even the side dishes were yummy. Oh and the mashed potatoes were heavenly. The desserts (German chocolate cake and carrot cake) were very good as well. It's pricey but worth every penny in my opinion. The service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. We will definitely be going back for our next special occasion. Thanks for a great meal MJ's!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Discovered this place while searching google maps & looking for a good spot to eat before a show. It had very good reviews so we gave it a try. When we arrived we had the choice to sit inside or out so we choose outside and it was very nice. Our waiter "Chris" was very upbeat and seemed happy to be there. He was also very helpful with recommendation of what was popular and their signature dishes and he did not disappoint with his suggestions. Our soup appetizers came out quickly and was delicious BUT then it took over 30 minutes for our entree's to make it to the table and then it was lukewarm... very tasty... but lukewarm. So at this point we were late for our show so did not have time to complain and have it re-done so we finished up. Since we did eat everything I did not feel right complaining when asked "how everything was" BUT I felt compelled to point it out but fully prepared to pay ...Our waiter insisted on making it right for us so he took off the entrees ! I thought that spoke volumes to the character of the ownership so we will definitely be back !!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I was VERY pleased with this restaurant. Unless you are looking for atmosphere to "impress" someone, there is no reason to look elsewhere. Excellent food, reasonably priced and above average service.

As mentioned elsewhere, It is an old converted house. Unique in some aspects, but not a "traditional restaurant setting". I was indifferent to the atmosphere. It was clean, had excellent food and my customer was happy.

I will return.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

In Greensboro for a conference and 10 of us were looking for a place for dinner after 6:30pm. No one could take our group. After many phone calls someone found this place and they were able to take us. Surprised to find out it was an old house and our table was upstairs. The food and service was very good. We plan to return next year for our conference.