“Gone downhill”

Bonsai Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #656 of 914 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Me and my family have gone to Bonsai for years and have always loved it, however, our visit last night will be our last. Short and sweet - the food took forever, and when I got my hibachi chicken and shrimp it was cold. My wife ordered 3 sushi rolls...the same ones she always does...and they were not very good, tasted nothing like the last time we were at Bonsai and ordered the same rolls. They had NO japanese beers, out of the 3 or 4 listed on the menu, the waitress said they had none of them. The service was decent but nothing to brag about. Lastly, they knew it was my wife's birthday and did nothing for her. We'll be finding another Japanese restaurant next time.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

My wife and I both enjoy this jewel. It has new management as of about a month ago and we've had a good experience with both old and new. They have even started a bring your bulletin from church deal for Sunday lunch, it was an endless soup bowl for me. We like the combo meals but have enjoyed the extensive sushi menu as well.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I ordered delivery from this establishment today and of course around dinner time the phone is busy. I've tried calling in the past, but the lines were busy all night it seemed! I figured it wasn't worth it... but let me tell you, I was WRONG! I haven't even eaten INSIDE the restaurant and I am shocked and amazing by how delicious my dinner was. Props to the Manager! Can't wait to physically eat here one day haha. Quick Tip: Consider getting more than one phone line to adjust the delivery calls vs the regular calls!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

My folks (in their 80s), sister, and niece (11) eat here every Sunday night. I was in town visiting and requested baby sister's pork loaf but was dragged to this restaurant in a nondescript strip mall. So if you are a sushi snob stop reading and go eat somewhere else. The space is quite large and being Sunday night (all other strip mall stores are closed) there were not many diners. We were seated promptly, the waitress came right over and she quickly had drinks on the table. The food showed up soon there after and overall it was middle of the road but the presentation was a hoot. 3 platters of sushi were arranged like a daisy, a scary clown and finally roses with an orange cut like a shrimp (which was standing up right). It was fun and we had a lot of laughs and took some goofy pictures. We all left with a smile on our faces. I picked up the tab which came to $64 for 5 people.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stumbled upon the Bonsai when I was over on Bridford going to Hobby Lobby. Boy am I ever glad I decided to eat while I was over that way! AND, I have been back two more times! The food is fresh and hot when it arrives to your table. The staff is not only attentive, but friendly as well.

If you are looking for fresh sushi or hibachi prepared food, check out the Bonsai.