“Quiet, comfortable, and great value”

Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #20 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Georgia
“Quiet, comfortable, and great value”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

As with other reviews when you're checking in see if you can get a room that is on the back side of the hotel. The trees offer a great buffer to any noise or lights and are great to see in the morning. Just know that the sun does come in those windows in the morning so if you're on the top 2 floors you might have a bright late morning sun.

The weekend evening desk clerk was amazing and funny during our check-in process. Very personable and made the family laugh.

Please note this is not a "Suites" property so the rooms are standard size and roll-aways are very limited to the rooms they can be used in. (this was not clear upon booking a king room + roll-away.)

The room was fresh and clean with plenty of space for the beds and a sofa with pull-out bed. There is a fridge and microwave in the room, but note that the fridge isn't really one you would want to use to cool stuff down with. It's more like an electric cooler that might try to keep cool items cool, but doesn't really chill drinks. At least it didn't appear to make a canned coke colder overnight.

The shampoo and conditioner supplied are Paul Mitchel, but are really tiny bottles so if you're there with a family and everybody wants to shower and wash their hair you might need to lay off the shampoo so everybody can use it or you'll be asking for 2 bottles the next day! The sink area is small (but standard for the usual Fairfield Inn), but felt a little cramped compared to recent stays at Courtyard and Fairfield Inn & Suites.

We were somewhat close to the elevator, but didn't hear it at all during the night. Also, we did not hear slamming doors early in the morning and I know there were a lot of rooms occupied on our floor.

The breakfast is your typical Fairfield breakfast with mostly pastries/bread items, cereals, and waffles. Other reviews were talking about a guy that hosts the breakfast...he must only work weekdays because there was just a lady watching over the line while we were there and she spent more time behind closed doors than out tending to the breakfast or cleaning up tables. I noticed several dirty tables that others had to clean prior to using for their breakfast (come on people...clean up after yourself! Don't think others will do it for you. You see the trashcans are in open view so take the 10 steps from the table to the trashcan to clean up yourself. Don't leave trash on the table!)

Check-out was easy and friendly and getting back on the interstate was just a couple of turns away.

There is a Ruby Tuesday in the parking lot of this hotel so that's certainly within walking distance for dinner or a late night snack and beverage.

I would certainly recommend this property for anybody staying in the area for business or family.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on back side of building. They face the trees and are very quiet. Although they do get...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Patricia S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
You are so thorough! And I am so glad we passed! I hope you do come back to see us and let me know what we are doing well and what we can improvement. I love that you saw how clean our rooms. I take a lot of pride in that.

Thank you for reviewing us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Inclement weather and bad traffic forced us off the road during our holiday travel and this hotel was listed from the Pet Friendly hotels app, as we were traveling with our dog. It's also located right off of our route. We came in very late and were greeted merrily by Tanya Williams. Our room was spacious and clean, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was huge with great water pressure. We were checked out the next morning by equally friendly staff. I can understand budgets, but at $94/night I thought my comfort and sanitation were well worth this price. We travel the I-85 corridor frequently and will be back. Highly recommended.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarah B
Thank you for taking time to share about your experience with our hotel! We love our furry friends and they will be welcomes with love and a treat. So glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you come back to see us!
Macomb, Illinois
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Best staff ever. We arrived at 6:30am the day of our stay weary from driving all night and they put us in a room immediately, no extra charge. Staff goes out of their way and is friendly. Breakfast is good, some eggs, sausage are bonuses on the regular continental breakfast. Rooms are super clean and the price is great!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chico V
Thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor! I love to hear about the great stays! I feel that our staff genuinely cares about the guest that comes through our door and I do hope you continue to stay at our property when you come back to Greensboro.
maryland
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Staff (Bobby) was very welcoming. He suggested a change to my initial room because of an abundance of concert goers that would possibly make for a lot of noise that night. Kudos to him for the suggestion and change! Another minor glitch in my room assignment was handled quickly. The room was clean, but it was pretty average. There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room and the closet door was broken. I didn't need any of those things, but they were noticeably absent/defective. The HVAC was loud, but I must have been very tired because I managed to sleep right through it. The towels/washcloths were a nice quality, bed was comfy, and linens were on the lightweight side, but clean. The breakfast was rather average, too. Some highway noise is noticeable as well, so ask for a room on the back of the property. It's not a bad property at all and I'd stay here again if I'm only in town for one night and the rate is better than the HIE across the street.

Room Tip: Some highway noise is noticeable as well, so ask for a room on the back of the property.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear ms90,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our Fairfield Inn. While I'm glad to hear you had a nice stay overall and found our staff so friendly and helpful, I do apologize for the aspects that fell short of your expectations. Our team will discuss your feedback as we aim to provide a quiet and pleasant stay for all of our guests. In the meantime, we are happy to accommodate requests for rooms in certain parts of the property as best we can based on availability. If you'd like to discuss anything further, please don't hesitate to give me a call at the number below. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope the opportunity the next time you're in Greensboro to give you a great stay.

David Amick
eCommerce Manager
Daly Seven, Inc
(434) 822-2161
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The hotel's desk attendants were very welcoming and helpful.The room was kind of small but very CLEAN which mattered the most. I marveled at how white the coverlet on the bed was. The bedding was not all that thick though, which worried me (at first) since my husband and I are total temp. opposites (i.e. he loves to keep it cool, I like it more on the warm side) but surprisingly, it worked for both of us. The towels were true bath towels which we both appreciated. The complimentary breakfast was better than some: scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, waffles, cereal, assorted pastries, fresh fruit, and juice.

The only negative: we had rowdy neighbors across the hall but as soon as the door was closed, we couldn't hear them so that was really great. Pleasant stay...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Patricia S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to fill out a review on us! We do our best to make you room clean and comfortable while providing the best customer service. I am glad you enjoyed the amenities and the hot breakfast. I am disappointed in your neighbors during your stay and I wish I had the opportunity to quite them down making your stay better. In any case I hope you come back and see us on your next trip to Greensboro!

-Patricia S
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel while traveling through. It was clean and the lady at the front desk was friendly. The hotel was busy but not noisy. The breakfast was ok, not the greatest but free.

Wi-Fi spotty.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Patricia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Hi There Petspi!

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I take all of our reviews to heart! I am glad you were satisfied with your stay but I sure wish we could have had a WOW factor for you. Next time your in town let me know and I will have something special for you!

Patricia Scherger
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn while we were in Greensboro on business and the staff was amazing and so accommodating. We were treated like family and not just another guest. The food was good, the room was comfortable and the bed was really comfortable. The hotel was very clean and smelled good. The cookies that were complimentary in the evening were so good. I am looking forward to staying here again on our next visit to Greensboro, NC. Make sure and say Hi to Tanya for us, she is truly a delight to encounter.

Room Tip: We were on the end of the second floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to meet Tanya. She is wonderful as is all our staff who love to make our guest happy. I hope we get to see you the next time your in Greensboro!

-Patricia Scherger