“Looks are deceiving”

Red Roof inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #45 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
“Looks are deceiving”
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in the latter part of November and December. Lost my ID prior but was allowed to check in with other credentials. The owner/mgr. And I had a dispute and I agreed to withdraw my review. The dispute was over my ID. I had been there a month and his lack of understanding Visa rules and English. He broke the agreement that me had. The room that I checked into had stink bugs and food on the wall. The females that work the desk give good service and know their stuff. The two owners that work the desk do things their way. Not the way that a business is run in America. I am filing a complaint with Visa and the revenue dept. All the renovations mean nothing. Looks are deceiving. There are hotels in the area that may not look as nice on the outside but are clean and the hotel is not run by men that disagree with American laws. I in good faith withdrew my complaints. That was a trick. The unauthorized charging of a third party Visa card trumps it all.

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank artfullydesigned

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

Red Roof Inns are improving. This one is clean, the room had a pleasant smell #118. They have changed the flooring to some hardwood in appearance and less carpet. This looks better and ought to be easier to samnitize. Though not perfect this is a decent Red Roof. This one also has a limited continental breakfast; most do not. This one has lobby restrooms; most do not. It is under the flight path of the airport though not all that loud.

• Stayed January 2013
Stoney Creek
Reviewed 31 December 2012

excellent location.. OK continental breakfast.. donuts/pastries and coffee/juice.. Absolutely great price... CLEAN updated rooms... no little critters...just off the highway.. McDonalds and gas close by.. we will definately will be back !!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I was on a business trip and decided to stay here. The "superior king" room was excellent with hard wood floors, new furnishings, and very spacious. The room also had free in-room coffee, a microwave, and a refrigerator. Well worth the $53.00 room rate!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Willow Spring, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Initially this hotel was not easy to find. I could see the sign from I-40 but there seemed to be no signs to ensure navigation on the off roads. That was the bad part, finding the place; the good part was the fast WiFi, water pressure, and a lot of quiet despite a major hiway so close. There was coffee (always) in the lobby as well as qualified receptionists to take you in. I left well rested.

Room Tip: I saw a sound-buffer incorporated in my first floor room ceiling. This means to me that the designe...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jonathan S
i0156, General Manager at Red Roof inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 16 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Greensboro Airport Red Roof.

Hemant Patel

Red Roof Inn - Greensboro Airport
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Nice, following renovation, just like new on all counts. Actually a plus 4 rating, holding off on 5 dots due to thin sheets and towels. Basic TV cable, no microwave, no mini-fridge. Quiet location with fast food nearby, I was able to walk to several.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 November 2012

The Red Roof at the Greensboro Airport seemed to be an average American motel – we chose it because of the good reviews we found online. The staff, if you are there in person is nice, friendly and helpful with whatever they can. However we had a horrible experience since we forgot a few brand new items in one of the drawers and although we called the very same day, they were nowhere to be found. The most upsetting fact is that the manager never called back even thought they promised many times that he will do so. Once I finally got a hold of him, he didn’t seem to accept any liability even though he is the owner and can question his staff. In addition, he didn’t seem to care that his staff has taken things away. BIG WARNING: You may have a decent stay, but expect that if you forget something valuable you WILL NEVER SEE IT AGAIN and no-one will really care that this is the type of service they provide. Sad, but true –BIG DISSAPOINTMENT!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family