“It's a Bed and a Bath...”

Red Roof inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #42 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
A TripAdvisor Member
“It's a Bed and a Bath...”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

...not a luxury hotel. My first time staying at a Red Roof. For the price (around $50/night), you get a somewhat comfortable bed and a nice hot shower. They have decent coffee around the clock in the lobby and it is convenient to I-40, Four Seasons, and the Coliseum. (For comparison, the Red Roof AT the Coliseum is twice as much and not any different.) Our rooms were upstairs back building over looking the Zen Pond. (Our affectionate name for the run off retention pond.) It being winter, we did not observe any fragrances. Summer may be a different story. Very colorful guests. Room upkeep is spotty. Never heard the first plane take off or land so no complaints there. Had one stink bug make an appearance during our 3 nights. Towels are stiff you might want to bring your own if you are all about plush. TIP: The Shoney's is within walking distance and serves the best 5 buck breakfast in town. Overall,
at this price point, this Red Roof is better than most other similarly priced hotels.

Room Tip: I would suggest an upstairs room to avoid overhead foot traffic and a little more privacy from the p...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Over a five day day trip from Norfolk to Fort Worth we stayed in four hotels with this hotel being the least expensive. Most charged double and one was three times as much as the Red Roof Inn. From the start I was impressed. The desk clerk was hilarious unlike many who seem to hate their jobs.

Entering our rooms were immediately noticed the very nice imitation hardwood floors that were so new the caulk on the molding was still fresh. Even though they were vinyl the floors were not cold and they really lowered the typical musty smell of hotel carpet that seems to linger even after a few months. For those with allergies like me that is a big plus. Our room came with the standard mini-refrigerator, microwave and even a small safe.

In summary for our money this was the best stay for our money. Red Roof Inn's philosophy seems to be to sell a good product at a low price to at a large volume. In the morning when we left early the parking lot was full and there were several moderately expensive cars parked.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My stay was excellent.The front desk staff and the dedicated housekeepers,did a great job....They went above and beyond to assist me.The owner/manager has a caring and dedicated staff..May God bless them all. Dennis C Ramsey.

Room Tip: The room on the first level 107,is a very nice room.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Massillon, Ohio
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I have only stayed at a few Red Roof's but this one was very nice. The desk staff was friendly and the continental breakfast was adequate. The room was clean and quiet and the price was great. I normally stay at Red Roof's when I am travelling alone and am stopping overnight. This trip my wife was with me and she also felt that the hotel was great.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bronek
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in the latter part of November and December. Lost my ID prior but was allowed to check in with other credentials. The owner/mgr. And I had a dispute and I agreed to withdraw my review. The dispute was over my ID. I had been there a month and his lack of understanding Visa rules and English. He broke the agreement that me had. The room that I checked into had stink bugs and food on the wall. The females that work the desk give good service and know their stuff. The two owners that work the desk do things their way. Not the way that a business is run in America. I am filing a complaint with Visa and the revenue dept. All the renovations mean nothing. Looks are deceiving. There are hotels in the area that may not look as nice on the outside but are clean and the hotel is not run by men that disagree with American laws. I in good faith withdrew my complaints. That was a trick. The unauthorized charging of a third party Visa card trumps it all.

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank artfullydesigned
Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

Red Roof Inns are improving. This one is clean, the room had a pleasant smell #118. They have changed the flooring to some hardwood in appearance and less carpet. This looks better and ought to be easier to samnitize. Though not perfect this is a decent Red Roof. This one also has a limited continental breakfast; most do not. This one has lobby restrooms; most do not. It is under the flight path of the airport though not all that loud.

• Stayed January 2013
Stoney Creek
Reviewed 31 December 2012

excellent location.. OK continental breakfast.. donuts/pastries and coffee/juice.. Absolutely great price... CLEAN updated rooms... no little critters...just off the highway.. McDonalds and gas close by.. we will definately will be back !!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple