“Excellent Hotel and Excellent Value”

Red Roof inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #42 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Excellent Hotel and Excellent Value”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This is a great hotel to stay at if you are in the 'Greensboro airport area' or 'Greensboro - High Point area' for a variety of reasons. For the incredible low nightly price, the hotel is in my opinion a 4-star. My experience here was amazing. For the most part the staff was unlike any other hotel - by far. Most hotels it can be a boring check-in. This hotel, the staff interacts with you, and even jokes with you - making you feel welcomed. Very energized environment. So first impression was amazing - then you get to the room. It too is amazing -Vinyl wood floor looks brand new and the beds are quite comfortable. This hotel also has a rewards program that is interesting. I'm looking forward to building my points. I am very impressed with this hotel - This statement is not something I say often!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 27 March 2013

My wife and I stayed here a few times through the years and every time it was something new and not necessarily good. This last go round finally hit the mark. The rooms are nicely done, you get more than you pay for. The staff is great, friendly. The front desk clerk, Tara made sure all things were in place to check in early. An inconvenience I'm sure but she politely called as soon as it was ready. No other hiccups. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
i0156, General Manager at Red Roof inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor Review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Greensboro Airport Red Roof.

Hemant Patel

Red Roof Inn - Greensboro Airport
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband came to NC for a concert. We had a great stay for the value. Beds were nice and the place was clean. Didn't have any problems and was close to restaurants. I will say the bathrooms are small but not a big deal.

• Stayed March 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I had numerous issues with this stay - and as a former Night Auditor I don't think my expectations were that high. First, the mattress was hard as a rock, I sleep on a relatively firm mattress at home but the mattress felt like I was more sleeping in the floor than anything else. I had a non-smoking room, however the previous guest before me smoked (and the room smelled like it too) - this was confirmed when I noticed a cigar wrapper and loose tobacco in the trash can in my room - something housekeeping clearly missed. Front desk staff offered to change rooms, I viewed the other room, it smelled exactly the same - like cherry cigar smoke; I ended up using air freshener from my car to try and alleviate the wretched smell. Furthermore the mini-fridge was extremely irritating as the compressor motor was very loud (which would indicate it's on its way out) in addition to the fan in the bathroom sounding like the fan blades were hitting metal every rotation. However, the most egregious issue of all (yes, something more absurd than your mattress is the equivalent to the floor), is that in approx. 4:30pm on 3/19 I went to the front desk because my room key was not working - the guest service agent asked for my room #, I asked if she could look it up by my name, she said no - I gave my room # in front of someone else checking in reluctantly and without even asking for my photo ID she just handed me keys. How am I supposed to feel that my possessions and self are safe when anyone can just ask for my room key # or follow me to my room after hearing the #. This is 100% entirely unacceptable and I expect a refund for it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Paul M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 March 2013

...not a luxury hotel. My first time staying at a Red Roof. For the price (around $50/night), you get a somewhat comfortable bed and a nice hot shower. They have decent coffee around the clock in the lobby and it is convenient to I-40, Four Seasons, and the Coliseum. (For comparison, the Red Roof AT the Coliseum is twice as much and not any different.) Our rooms were upstairs back building over looking the Zen Pond. (Our affectionate name for the run off retention pond.) It being winter, we did not observe any fragrances. Summer may be a different story. Very colorful guests. Room upkeep is spotty. Never heard the first plane take off or land so no complaints there. Had one stink bug make an appearance during our 3 nights. Towels are stiff you might want to bring your own if you are all about plush. TIP: The Shoney's is within walking distance and serves the best 5 buck breakfast in town. Overall,
at this price point, this Red Roof is better than most other similarly priced hotels.

Room Tip: I would suggest an upstairs room to avoid overhead foot traffic and a little more privacy from the p...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Over a five day day trip from Norfolk to Fort Worth we stayed in four hotels with this hotel being the least expensive. Most charged double and one was three times as much as the Red Roof Inn. From the start I was impressed. The desk clerk was hilarious unlike many who seem to hate their jobs.

Entering our rooms were immediately noticed the very nice imitation hardwood floors that were so new the caulk on the molding was still fresh. Even though they were vinyl the floors were not cold and they really lowered the typical musty smell of hotel carpet that seems to linger even after a few months. For those with allergies like me that is a big plus. Our room came with the standard mini-refrigerator, microwave and even a small safe.

In summary for our money this was the best stay for our money. Red Roof Inn's philosophy seems to be to sell a good product at a low price to at a large volume. In the morning when we left early the parking lot was full and there were several moderately expensive cars parked.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My stay was excellent.The front desk staff and the dedicated housekeepers,did a great job....They went above and beyond to assist me.The owner/manager has a caring and dedicated staff..May God bless them all. Dennis C Ramsey.

Room Tip: The room on the first level 107,is a very nice room.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business