“good worker, horrible hotel”

Red Roof inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #43 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Cleveland, Ohio
“good worker, horrible hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I had to make a overnight stay here when heading to the beach. the hotel desk clerk "margaret" gave me a great rate. she had a great personality and professional attitude. but the activity outside of the hotel is really in question. lots of coming and going of customers during all times of the night. this leads to question the activity of the customers at this hotel.

The rooms were ok, but certain essential items were missing, like toilet paper and wash cloths, again "margaret" came to the rescue with the needed items,but she had to leave the safety of the lobby,lock the door,me stand outside for her to go retreive the items from storage.The activity of the customers constantly coming and going again leads to some very questionable activities at this hotel. Lots of ears and eyes after midnight... but it was a relief to know they have camera's at this hotel.In this economy anything can happen such as, after 11pm you have to be buzzed into the lobby to get to the desk clerk for a room. which is a surprise as most hotels have a window for 3rd shift workers.

Room Tip: reserve on priceline.com to get the best rate.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank bob p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

I had a good experience staying at this hotel. The desk clerk, Margaret, was very courteous and helpful. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. I liked that the floors are laminate. There was a mini fridge, as well as a microwave oven, good amenities when traveling. It was a bit noisy in the morning, as I could hear everything going on in front of my room, but during the night, it was quiet. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jenny779
Thomasville, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

When I arrived, I noticed that the room did not smell fresh and there was an ash tray in the room. When I brought it to the attention of the front desk, they insisted that it was a non-smoking room. The bathroom smelled of urine and there were hairs on the bathroom floor. A towel that looked used was hanging on the door. I took the towel and ran it across the bathroom floor and it was obvious that the floor had not been properly cleaned. This too was brought to the front desk attention but the hair was still on the floor the next day. I took pictures of it to show to the front desk. The rooms do not have irons or ironing boards. They have to be checked out at the front desk. My parents room smelled and looked cleaner, but was missing the office chair that was in my room. The rooms are really small. $15 was taken off of my stay since they knew I was not pleased with my stay.

Room Tip: Bring your iron with you!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Tret W
i0156, General Manager at Red Roof inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Greensboro Airport Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Hemant Patel

Red Roof Inn - Greensboro Airport
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I have to admit that I wasn't expecting much for $50. But the room was quite clean and perfect for a stopover while traveling. The floors were laminate, which is great since it's so easy to clean. There was no dust or grime on any of it. The beds were reasonably comfortable and the bathroom was clean as well. There was nothing fancy here. A TV was the biggest frill in the place. There is a free continental breakfast and it wasn't special, but it did offer waffles along with the muffins, cereals, and toasts. The staff is very friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

stayed their last month and the place was cheap but clean. the motel has camera's and the desk attendant watched them all the time. the rooms have flat screen tv's and go for the queen bed with mini fridge its worth it..

Room Tip: ask for Margaret, she worked third shift and was very nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Newport News, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Nice that check in is at 2 pm and check out is noon, but didn't matter because we checked in at 4 and the room they sent us to wasn't even cleaned and ready. Smelled nice in the room, updated laminate flooring just felt cleaner than stuffy carpet. Very spacious, $5 extra dollars for the deluxe king worth it, tho they should've given some of the unused space to the smallest bathroom I've ever seen.You have to sit sideways on the toilet to close the door. The hardest most uncomfortable firm bed known to mankind!! Geeze..it was uncomfortable even the pillows were tough. Huge king, but I would've taken a twin if it was more comfy. I woke up this morning with a neck and back ache. But hey..$55

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I waited until the last minute to book my room for a convention. I was so stress, and then I found this inn. Reviews were very good, so I booked it. This Red Roof Inn is great, clean, and has a professional, caring staff. For the price you can't get any better! The only thing that could improve was the breakfast, but the room made up for everything.

• Stayed July 2013