“Meh”

Red Roof inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #45 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
“Meh”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I chose the Red Roof Inn because of the lower rates and due to the fact that my previous experiences with the Red Roof Inns went pretty well. This one has plumbing issues. The sink/shower does not drain for hours. There was a stink bug in my room -I hate bugs, and shouldn't I NOT see them in hotels? The outside noise was excessive -there was a car outside with loud music I could hear in my room with the door closed. The sun wole me up in the morning because the window coverings did not block enough light - after an intensely long night, I would have preferred to get more than just 4 hrs sleep by sleeping in. The bathroom was tiny, I could barely move around in it. The bed was hard as concrete with flat pillows.
The room did include a refrigerator and microwave. I also seen a room service menu -that is a nice amenity for those who would use it. The in-room lighting was ample and there was free wifi. The temperature and temperature control were wonderful as well. I will continue to give Red Roof Inns a try as I believe this particular one was just not up to par. When I come back to Greensboro, I will stay elsewhere.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Alfeia B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 November 2013

After checking around for different hotels and them all being booked due to a busy weekend my family and I decided to give Red Roof a try. With a price like 118$ a night we were expecting a decent room. There were no pillow cases on the pillows, funky stains on the comforters and sheets and apparently one can of air freshener which we borrowed from the front desk (as we needed this to freshen the nasty smokey musty smell). Even though we were in smoking section because it was apparently the last room available this room was not prepared for a new guest. There wasn't enough towels in a double bedroom to accommodate guest and no washcloths. Holes in the walls covered by false electrical sockets and cobwebs in all corners of ceilings. Couldn't sleep all night with the high heels and constant traffic above our room. Definitely questionable activity. The red roof is more of a motel that offers hourly rates to questionable patrons. I can't wait to go home and shower before I sit on any furniture! The manager at check out was friendly and understanding and did give a discount so thank you for that! To say the least, however, we won't be back!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Bballcal74
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed here for two nights not expecting much, but it was very clean and rooms were updated nicely. I just needed a place to sleep with no frills so it was perfect for me for a low price! Only issue was the walls are a bit thin.

Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Georgia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have stayed at this property 7 times in the last 3 months and never been disappointed. The staff is great, the rooms are updated, modern, clean, have flat screens, and always have hot water. The décor has a sort of Danish minimalist cache. This property does not have a pool or exercise room so that should be taken in consideration.

This is a quality place to stay with a reasonable rates and a superb staff and owner.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Grove City, Ohio
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the Red Roof Inn Greensboro Airport. Our stay was brief for a stop on the way to Emerald Isle, NC. However, the room was very quiet, clean, and comfortable. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The hotel has a nice continental breakfast and coffee bar in the morning. A nice addition for the price! A great value! We will definitely stay again next time we travel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Westminster, Sc
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We chose to stay here for an event at the coliseum because friends had also chosen to stay here. I was a little nervous about it but the price was right and the rooms were said to be clean. When we arrived I had to check in through a teller window..... never had to do that before. The children and I gathered what we had to and ran into the room. The musty odor was overwhelming. I am not sure what the odor was from, as the room looked clean enough. The smell upset the children and several of us woke up with sinus drainage. We had a knock on the door around 5:38am. Thankfully I was smart enough not to open the door. Not sure how safe the door was as you could see a large part of the bottom of the door had been repaired from someone kicking in the door. Definitely not a family friendly hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Lori B
lewisburg tn
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We were on our way from Tennessee to the Outer Banks and could not find a room anywhere. All booked. Margaret did a phenomenal job in finding us a room. She went above and beyond helping us. Give her a raise!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple