“Value for your money but the cleanliness was lacking”

Red Roof inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #43 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Mount Olive, North Carolina
“Value for your money but the cleanliness was lacking”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here recently for business. The room was a good value, but the main complaint was with cleanliness. I opened the fridge and food from a previous patron was waiting for me. The coffee maker had coffee from a previous customer. The breakfast was minimal, I ended up getting a biscuit from the McDonald's down the street.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Pros:
- The rooms are clean, newly renovated, and comfortable. Definitely not your dad's Red Roof Inn.
- Nice to have a free breakfast, but the options were limited (see below).
- Service was very friendly. No issues at all with checking in/out.

Cons:
- The wifi frequently cut out when I connected using my phone while in my room. Mildly annoying.
- The breakfast was adequate at best: waffles, bread, baked goods, two cereals, instant oatmeal, juice and coffee. The inclusion of some kind of protein, like hardboiled eggs or even peanut butter would have been welcomed, though.

Overall:
A nice place to have a (red) roof over your head. Just don't count on a good pick-me-up breakfast and steady Internet to start your day.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Buddos
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I've been here all week on business. The room was clean, the staff friendly and the beds comfy. I was very satisfied with the room. Would recommend this place and would defiantly stay here again. Ample parking room and close to everything but still quiet. Loved it.

Stayed July 2014
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews and booked based in that. Red Roof has always been dirty and low class. I see that has not changed.

We arrived and the lobby was closed. There was a side window tucked in the bushes where you had to stand to talk to the staff.

We went to our room and the exterior hall smelled of marijuana. We entered our room and thought it was really nice. I was amazed I got such a deal.

Once we turned on the lights the cockroaches scattered the floors and the walls. I have never seen so many in my life!

I gathered my family and we left. I asked for there to be no charge on my card and they agreed. I will be checking my bank account daily.

There was no apology or remorse from the staff. They didn't even try to accommodate us.

AVOID THIS HOTEL!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank fitchfamof5
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Friendly staff, cleaning crew was awesome. Fresh linens daily and the one day we went out they tried a bag of towels to our door. Front desk (Amy) allowed us to view the room before we even booked it. Would stay here again if the new was to arrive again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with my husband to attend a family member's graduation. The location was excellent as it was only 10 minutes or so to family's home as well as grad venue. It was also convenient to a number of local eateries. The room, staff and service all were great. I have some mobility issues and the staff were able to provide us with a first floor room, which was very helpful and much appreciated. I would definitely stay here again when in the Greensboro/High Point area.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jacki S
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I recently stayed here for a single night and was very pleased with everything. Firstly what impressed me was the friendliness of the staff in general.As for the room, everything was above my expectations. Clean bed sheets,very good amenities, and also a decent array of channels. The area was very quiet and I was able to get a good nights rest. Overall , I was thoroughly satisfied with my stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends