“Okay”

Ranked #44 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Burgaw, North Carolina
“Okay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice hotel, we got in late on way to Illinois so parking lot was full and had to walk a bit. I do not like having car close to room. Air conditioner made a little bit of a buzz but was okay. Ice machine is on one side of building by lobby so had a walk to get the ice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

First thing is first, it's a Red Roof. This is not a high class extensive hotel, it's a value motel chain where you get what you pay for. We had 2 nights in a superior king room. Everything worked as expected. The bathroom could use a paint job and the mattress was slightly more comfortable than a rock..but as I previously stated..You get what you pay for. It's a place to sleep, go into it with that expectation and you won't be disappointed. The staff were friendly, rooms clean,etc..

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Mount Olive, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here recently for business. The room was a good value, but the main complaint was with cleanliness. I opened the fridge and food from a previous patron was waiting for me. The coffee maker had coffee from a previous customer. The breakfast was minimal, I ended up getting a biscuit from the McDonald's down the street.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Pros:
- The rooms are clean, newly renovated, and comfortable. Definitely not your dad's Red Roof Inn.
- Nice to have a free breakfast, but the options were limited (see below).
- Service was very friendly. No issues at all with checking in/out.

Cons:
- The wifi frequently cut out when I connected using my phone while in my room. Mildly annoying.
- The breakfast was adequate at best: waffles, bread, baked goods, two cereals, instant oatmeal, juice and coffee. The inclusion of some kind of protein, like hardboiled eggs or even peanut butter would have been welcomed, though.

Overall:
A nice place to have a (red) roof over your head. Just don't count on a good pick-me-up breakfast and steady Internet to start your day.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Buddos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I've been here all week on business. The room was clean, the staff friendly and the beds comfy. I was very satisfied with the room. Would recommend this place and would defiantly stay here again. Ample parking room and close to everything but still quiet. Loved it.

Stayed July 2014
Frederick, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews and booked based in that. Red Roof has always been dirty and low class. I see that has not changed.

We arrived and the lobby was closed. There was a side window tucked in the bushes where you had to stand to talk to the staff.

We went to our room and the exterior hall smelled of marijuana. We entered our room and thought it was really nice. I was amazed I got such a deal.

Once we turned on the lights the cockroaches scattered the floors and the walls. I have never seen so many in my life!

I gathered my family and we left. I asked for there to be no charge on my card and they agreed. I will be checking my bank account daily.

There was no apology or remorse from the staff. They didn't even try to accommodate us.

AVOID THIS HOTEL!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank fitchfamof5
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Friendly staff, cleaning crew was awesome. Fresh linens daily and the one day we went out they tried a bag of towels to our door. Front desk (Amy) allowed us to view the room before we even booked it. Would stay here again if the new was to arrive again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family